Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:43 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,826,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Obviously I know far better than you.
Then why do you constantly bring up the DOJ. Did the DOJ say that California is less corrupt than other states? Where did a DOJ representative state this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:45 PM

21,760 posts, read 16,386,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
You haven't proven or explained why this is yet. We the people of this thread who are watching this debate await your brilliant rationale as to why the above statement is true.
I don't have any explanation why. I said that way back. Explanation would be speculation from me and I am not speculating. I am merely countering misinformation posted by others. Mathematics doesn't lie. I'll leave all the ideological rantings about "why" to you ideologues.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Then why do you constantly bring up the DOJ. Did the DOJ say that California is less corrupt than other states? Where did a DOJ representative state this?
Don't flail ridiculously. The DoJ statistic is in their chart: corruption convictions per capita.

This really has you upset and fuming. Why? It's just math.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:04 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,854,605 times
Quote:
Don't flail ridiculously. The DoJ statistic is in their chart: corruption convictions per capita.

This is why we're sitting back watching this argument unfold. Not sure why the cold, hard stats presented by many reliable sources are not acceptable in this debate.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
This is why we're sitting back watching this argument unfold. Not sure why the cold, hard stats presented by many reliable sources are not acceptable in this debate.
It is curious, no? Funny. The studies I linked show California as being very low in actual corruption. Yet the same studies show California being at pretty high risk for corruption to occur - based on systems in place and not in place. Why high risk has not translated into actual crime, who knows?

Also curious why Exey has taken such apparent offense. I haven't personalized any of this, haven't ridiculed her. haven't taunted nor resorted to name-calling, I haven't accused her ideology of being at fault for anything, I haven't politicized. All I've done is shown a simple reality.

Some folks I guess are so invested in believing that California sucks they refuse to accept any evidence of something going smoothly.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:

I'm not upset. I'm simply asking you to answer a question about a claim you continually keep making. Why won't you answer the question? Are you sure that you're not the one who is upset? Where did the DOJ use "convictions per capita" to claim California is less corrupt than other states?

At least you have one supporter now. Unfortunately it's a guy I have had on ignore for 2 months now, and who thinks all conservatives want to shoot random people in the face with their guns. You were saying about "the company you keep"?

Old 05-21-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I'm not upset. I'm simply asking you to answer a question about a claim you continually keep making. Why won't you answer the question? Are you sure that you're not the one who is upset? Where did the DOJ use "convictions per capita" to claim California is less corrupt than other states?

At least you have one supporter now. Unfortunately it's a guy I have had on ignore for 2 months now, and who thinks all conservatives want to shoot random people in the face with their guns. You were saying about "the company you keep"?
The DoJ chart is right there in multiple links for you to read. Now, you were saying about not answering questions? You haven't answered a single one. Especially why you are taking this so personal?

Old 05-21-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
The DoJ chart is right there in multiple links for you to read. Now, you were saying about not answering questions? You haven't answered a single one. Especially why you are taking this so personal?
What? This isn't personal, I'm just asking you to answer a question about a claim you're continually making.

You posted:
Quote:

People who agree with Tulemutt's position:
U.S. Department of Justice
I've read every link. No where does the DOJ claim that California is a less corrupt state due to any statistics presented, only the "Center for Public Integrity", a well known liberal funded think group with questionable motivations, seems to come to that conclusion from all of your "google" sources.

This is the crux of your entire argument. You could easily sink me and claim victory by simply pointing that out and I would disappear. Why won't you show where the DOJ actually says California is less corrupt as a state and prove your point? Is it because the DOJ never says such a thing?

Old 05-21-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
What? This isn't personal, I'm just asking you to answer a question about a claim you're continually making.

You posted:

I've read every link. No where does the DOJ claim that California is a less corrupt state due to any statistics presented, only the "Center for Public Integrity", a well known liberal funded think group with questionable motivations, seems to come to that conclusion from all of your "google" sources.

This is the crux of your entire argument. You could easily sink me and claim victory by simply pointing that out and I would disappear. Why won't you show where the DOJ actually says California is less corrupt as a state and prove your point? Is it because the DOJ never says such a thing?
Exeter. Victory is a concept for sporting events and wars. This is neither.
Go to the Chart I linked. Here it is again in an article from the Washington Post, rather than the CPI site, since you hate the "*******" CPI:
The most corrupt state(s) in America
Scroll down to the chart titled:
"The Guilty Per Capita"
Look at the bottom of the chart. It says:
"Sources: Department of Justice; Census Bureau"
They are the trackers and publishers of the data the CPI used for their study that you object to.

Now I have directed you to that several times in answer to your question - but you have yet to respond to my questions. Not even one.

What primarily defines a state? Its land? Or its people?

Who are the victims of corruption in public service?

Why do professional agencies, including the Department of Justice and Census Burea, and various other policy tracking entities, concerned with public service crime include "per capita" statistics in their tracking?

Do you think the DoJ and the Census Bureau are "*******" organizations?

Do you still think R.I. is less corrupt than California?

Old 05-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Exeter. Victory is a concept for sporting events and wars. This is neither.
Go to the Chart I linked. Here it is again in an article from the Washington Post, rather than the CPI site, since you hate the "*******" CPI:
The most corrupt state(s) in America
Scroll down to the chart titled:
"The Guilty Per Capita"
Look at the bottom of the chart. It says:
"Sources: Department of Justice; Census Bureau"
They are the trackers and publishers of the data the CPI used for their study that you object to.
What am I supposed to get from that link? The link is simply referencing the report from the Center for Public Integrity. It even has their freaking logo in the article.

"A Project Of...."

You claimed the DOJ supports your position, and that you're not using an interpretation of data from a third party org like the "Center for Public Integrity", but you haven't posted ONE link or source that says the DOJ themselves are using those stats to say California is LESS corrupt, all of your support is based on one report from well known ******* left wing, soros supported, Center for Public Integrity.

Seriously, where does the DOJ, NOT CPI, say that California is LESS corrupt than other states? Why is it taking you so long to find this DOJ source that makes this claim? Do you not have a DOJ source that makes such a claim? Why not admit that it doesn't exist and drop the charade?

Quote:
I have directed you to that several times in answer to your question - but you have yet to respond to my questions. Not even one.
All of those questions are irrelevant to my point, which is, you don't have a reliable unbiased, TRULY non-partisan, report that claims California is less corrupt than other states. You have ONE single report from a ******* org that licks and eats money from George Soros's hands. That's it. If that's all you got, you really have nothing, just a claim, and some personal bias, nothing more.

Last edited by ExeterMedia; 05-22-2014 at 09:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California