Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 06:42 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,692,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernamon View Post
Which is why I won't say a word and take action until I am on the lease. So I take it due to how long the process is going and how its done this company can be sued? I thank you and everyone else whom have been helpful about this. On another note from what I recently found out by my sister and her husband is that there is terrible patched up jobs on holes left by previous tenants so by logic in all this the company would likely lose in court if it came down to it.
I don't think how you could possibly think you have a lawsuit. Oh well, good luck trying to find an attorney who will take this case -- I can't see where you have any legal grounds -- for any case. Lousy patch job? The answer is: your sister and her husband voluntarily rented an apartment with lousy patch jobs. Hardly grounds for a lawsuit. And the condition of the apartment has nothing to do with putting you on the lease.

Keep talking lawsuit -- word will get around, and no one will rent to you -- ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 11:27 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,112 times
Dude, you are suppose to get on the lease BEFORE you move in, not after. Your roommate may in fact be violating the terms of the lease he signed by allowing you to live there. So you moved into a place that you are not even legally required to pay rent at and you are complaining about other tenants??

Lol you better forget the lawsuit real quick. They have more of a case against you than you do V them.

Last edited by sacite; 08-24-2014 at 11:42 PM..

Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,758,884 times
They do not even have to put you on the lease. You are officially guests of your sister and her husband. They can very well demand to do an inspection, prior to putting you on the lease, and it is to your advantage that any damage that can be charged for that happened before you were on the lease, is not your responsibility.

What grounds do you think you have to file a law suite. NONE. You are a visitor living there, and that is all you are. You cannot force them to put you on the lease, and in fact as you are not on the lease and living there they could evict you and your sister, and her husband at any time for your living there in violation of the lease.

You have to realize, at this time you have no legal rights to anything. You are strictly your sisters company. It is not even reasonable to think you have any rights living in that apartment, and have the right to sue the owners/managers. And your sister and her husband, have no rights to demand you be put on the lease. They leased the apartment for the two of them, and they can be told to kick you out if you get obnoxious, and if they don't they can be legally evicted for illegally moving you into the apartment with them in violation of their lease.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:11 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Do you QUALIFY to be on the lease with employment, income, background, references, etc? Maybe that's the hold up.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:15 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,042,104 times
Isn't the real question "how long can the OP keep this thread running and get posters to contribute"?

I'll bite : don't believe that there is any legal basis for winning a suit because the manager "took too long to decide".

If you want better info than that, you need to provide more information.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you QUALIFY to be on the lease with employment, income, background, references, etc? Maybe that's the hold up.
Why would that lead to a "hold up"? That would be reason for "nope, T.S., you can't move in" in 72 hours or less.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Which is why I won't say a word and take action until I am on the lease.
Post the appt address - I'll send the mgmt company a copy of this thread - that should speed things up quite a bit!

Old 08-25-2014, 05:06 AM

7 posts, read 7,812 times
You are assuming I live in the place which is not the case as no where in my post was there any kind of indication of living arrangements and I have been asked to take care of their dog while they are away at work. I just happen to show up early in the morning to do so.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,112 times
Quote:
You are assuming I live in the place which is not the case as no where in my post was there any kind of indication of living arrangements and I have been asked to take care of their dog while they are away at work. I just happen to show up early in the morning to do so.
Wow. By reading the thread, it sure sounded like you lived there. You are complaining on the thread about people blasting all kinds of music, neighbors snooping. These are usually complaints of people that actually pay rent.

My advice: it's not your place, so just shut up. Let the actual tenant that is living there worry about neighbors, noise, etc. Not saying you'll do this, but hypothetically you could damage that apartment and walk away scot free. Right now you have no deposit with the landlord, no contracrual obligation to pay them anything. You are just couch surfing bro. Or dog watching. You get zero rights for doing either.

Lol I swear this is just like a Judge Judy case. She would be all over you.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:02 PM

7 posts, read 7,812 times
Well i'm more or less was asking for my roommates sake with all this. Noise level has gone down to zip due to my sister's husband asking them to. I know I have no rights right now was only inquiring when I do and again for both my sister and her husband's sake. Just the way things have been going something just seems fishy for how long they are taking and the route they are doing the process in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California