Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:38 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
OP, why don't you just move to Texas?
I think all his exes live in Texas.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:43 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Maybe if you started with the personality instead of the skirt, you'd have better luck.
This. It doesn't matter how "hot" a woman/man is if you can't get along with them it is going to be short lived.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:17 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
We might not have the " most", but we have our share.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:39 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
I think all his exes live in Texas.
I guess that includes all the girls from the OP's sandbox days since he's just a kid; a teen who is still dependent upon his parents. Someone's imagination is going wild because he hasn't had much, if any, experience with women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichards1996 View Post
I am an 18 year old male who lives in the Bay Area of California..and my family plans to move to North Carolina by the end of the year.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Dude... If you can't get a girl here you probably won't fare much better in Texas or anywhere else for that matter.
If 50 women reject you.. It's probably you, and not them.... Just saying.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Elliot Act II?

Old 10-05-2014, 06:20 PM

35 posts, read 68,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Dude... If you can't get a girl here you probably won't fare much better in Texas or anywhere else for that matter.
If 50 women reject you.. It's probably you, and not them.... Just saying.
It's not that. Admittedly I'm shy and not as comfortable in the dating scene as most people (my religion makes this more difficult, especially when sex comes up and I have to break the fact that I'm a virgin and can't lose it until I'm married) but it's just that I haven't found a woman I like in California. They just all seem too shallow, materialistic, and rude. And then there's the racism as most Asians and Middle Easterners won't even give a Mexican like myself a chance because of stereotypes (regardless of the fact that I graduated at the top of my class 1 year earlier than my peers and am an ambitious college student), and then the other non-foreign/non-racist materialistic girls are the ultra-liberal girls who 1) I don't find very physically attractive given the hipster style, and 2) I disagree with too much on our lifestyles and ambitions with.

When I was in Texas for about a month, the women seemed much easier on the eyes, and seemed--at least on the exterior--a bit more sincere, less greedy and materialistic, and more down-to-Earth. When I mentioned that I didn't care about making money as much as I cared about learning what I enjoy (in this case, acquiring a PhD in English), living out my Orthodox religion, and devoting my spare time to helping the poor and volunteering, they weren't instantly turned off like the money-hungry Californian women I've known all my life.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:35 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
Quote:
When I was in Texas for about a month, the women seemed much easier on the eyes, and seemed--at least on the exterior--a bit more sincere, less greedy and materialistic, and more down-to-Earth.
I think you're going to have a hard time getting much sympathy from people in your argument that California girls are less sincere, more greedy and materialistic, when your first point of argument is that they aren't as pretty as you think they should be.

You realize that all this emphasis you're placing on looks is also very materialistic and shallow, right?

If you think the women in Texas are more suited to you than the girls out here, that's great. Be happy there's a place where you can hopefully find your future wife. And as to your question why California girls get mentioned in songs, it's probably because most of the musicians who wrote them lived here at the time. If that bothers you to the point where you're losing sleep at night, then pick up a guitar and start writing some songs.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:53 PM

OP, have you ever thought about starting a thread over here?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/

Old 10-05-2014, 07:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
It's not that. Admittedly I'm shy and not as comfortable in the dating scene as most people (my religion makes this more difficult, especially when sex comes up and I have to break the fact that I'm a virgin and can't lose it until I'm married) but it's just that I haven't found a woman I like in California. They just all seem too shallow, materialistic, and rude. And then there's the racism as most Asians and Middle Easterners won't even give a Mexican like myself a chance because of stereotypes (regardless of the fact that I graduated at the top of my class 1 year earlier than my peers and am an ambitious college student), and then the other non-foreign/non-racist materialistic girls are the ultra-liberal girls who 1) I don't find very physically attractive given the hipster style, and 2) I disagree with too much on our lifestyles and ambitions with.

When I was in Texas for about a month, the women seemed much easier on the eyes, and seemed--at least on the exterior--a bit more sincere, less greedy and materialistic, and more down-to-Earth. When I mentioned that I didn't care about making money as much as I cared about learning what I enjoy (in this case, acquiring a PhD in English), living out my Orthodox religion, and devoting my spare time to helping the poor and volunteering, they weren't instantly turned off like the money-hungry Californian women I've known all my life.
Unfortunately, welcome to the 21st century. It's a "brave new world" out there and earlier mores seem to have all but disappeared. I have to admire your determination to adhere to your morals and convictions. However, there are likely 20 million women in California so you've likely missed a few in your quest to find the girl who is just right for you.

I would caution you not to take a mere handful of examples attribute them to all the women in any state. In then end that will proved to be extremely limiting. Rather, pursue your educational goal and I'm confident that the rest will take care of itself over time. At your age there's no rush, nor should there be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California