Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:23 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Linking smelt to the health of the delta is the vehicle they create to push their agenda.

Diverting some of the water wasn't going to cause a collapse of an ecosystem, especially as delta wetlands are expanded, no matter what the center for ecological diversity says.
Shooter. What does the doctor say when you get sick? "Drink plenty of fluids" ring a bell?
What's the concept behind that advice? Flushing the system of toxins that make you sick.

"They" didn't "link smelt to the health of the Delta". Science linked it. Because it is one of many bellwethers.

"They" leveraged the endangered species act to push their silly agenda that supports your health and the health of pretty much everyone and every business in the state.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 03:40 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
We have a population problem.

Too many people demanding too much is what causes all of this.
6 billion fewer people: poof! No problem.

This is true. I'm doing my part. I'm dying as fast as time will allow.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:15 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Any discussion on water should include rules and codes for grey water.

In previous droughts we were water outlaws by actually using water from bathing and laundry to keep plants on life support...

At least, some locals are recognizing water "Can Be" re-purposed...

When my brother was looking to farm/ranch... he would not even consider property that was not self sufficient water wise...

Eventually found a spot with artesian well water and documented output going back to the 1850's... no pumps required... all gravity fed.

Those in the know do realize how important water is...

My new neighbors are in the process of putting in a high end in ground swimming pool and plan to use tanker trucks to bring the water in... I don't have a pool or the desire to have one... other neighbors long ago removed them... the few that had them.

These Almond farmers could just be ahead of the curve... saplings take only a small fraction of bearing mature trees... by planting now... they could be sitting pretty 10 years from "If" we have wet years.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post

My new neighbors are in the process of putting in a high end in ground swimming pool and plan to use tanker trucks to bring the water in... I don't have a pool or the desire to have one... other neighbors long ago removed them... the few that had them.
If they want a swimming pool that bad, tell 'em to save the fresh water and truck in salt water from the ocean. More buoyant that way anyhow. And then can pretend they're in Hawaii if they heat it to 80* or so.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:24 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
If they want a swimming pool that bad, tell 'em to save the fresh water and truck in salt water from the ocean. More buoyant that way anyhow. And then can pretend they're in Hawaii if they heat it to 80* or so.
There's a hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, that has a salt water swimming pool. It was built around the natural rock formations of the cove where it's located. Very cool swimming pool. That's not a bad idea. I wonder if there's an issue, though, with an inland salt-water pool corroding the plumbing.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's a hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, that has a salt water swimming pool. It was built around the natural rock formations of the cove where it's located. Very cool swimming pool. That's not a bad idea. I wonder if there's an issue, though, with an inland salt-water pool corroding the plumbing.
If they can afford a swimming pool, and they can afford to truck in the pool water, they can afford the plastic plumbing and maintenance for the pump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California