Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 05:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
I sure hope you wouldn't want to have Five Guys all in your mouth lol

IMO In N Out is hyped because it's California brand anything with California branded across it sells despite quality.

That may be true, but in this case In N Out has the best quality of any fast food joint. thats exactly what theyre known for and what they are about.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:51 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
I don't think that's true that anything California branded sells.

Otherwise anyone that tried that would succeed.

Many businesses in California and nationwide fail every year.

IN N OUT has been around for over half a century.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:57 PM

696 posts, read 1,170,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
That may be true, but in this case In N Out has the best quality of any fast food joint. thats exactly what theyre known for and what they are about.
They may use good quality ingredients but that doesn't mean other competitors don't use quality ingredients.

There are many other competitors that sell better variety of fast food that's not on the radar as much.

I'm not saying In N Out is awful it just get's put on a pedestal a lot and gets a lot of unnecessary hype and recognition .

Take "California Pizza Kitchen" for example an "alright" chain IMO, if it was called "Oregon Pizza Kitchen" would it still be as popular?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:53 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I am completely unimpressed with In-N-Out burgers and fries. Give me a Steak N Shake steakburger with fries and a side order of chili anytime.
Steak N Shake is good, but it's just straight up junk food. Not that I have any objection to that, but it's not really the same as In-N-Out. Steak N Shake reminds me a lot of The Varsity in Atlanta. In-N-Out is like Five Guys.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:51 PM

696 posts, read 1,170,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
In-N-Out is like Five Guys.
No way ! In N Out is more like the California version of McDonalds.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:56 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

mind = blown people eat there.

the burger and fries are 100% flavorless. there are so many better options for food.

for starters, fat burger and 5 guys > the universe > In-N-Out. dead serious.

i've eaten at in n out a few times just so i could give it another try but no. just no. if you like that place u probably failed restaurant knowledge 101.

how can that place be packed? the only thing i can think of is the fact that it's cheap so people of "limited means" enjoy going there.

here's another example. the Clubhouse burger from McDonalds > anything from in n out.
QFT.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
There are better burgers to be sure, but to say something from McDonald's is better tasting than anything at In N Out is just moronic and clearly an attempt to troll/rile people up.
I don't think that is the case. I just don't get what people see in In-N-Out. I have no preference between In-N-Out and McD's. I can't tell the difference. It's the same greasy fried crap. When I was younger, I could have probably eaten either one, though neither would have been my preference for fast food. But now I would have a hard time eating that crap, if I was starving.

If anyone disagrees, I would challenge you to go without eating there for one year. Then go back and try it again. I would bet money, you wouldn't be able to eat it anymore.

Honestly I think In-N-Out is just a lot of hype, that has brainwashed Californians, into thinking it's somehow better. JMHO.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
To me it makes sense .

Their quality is much higher than competitors and their price is considerably lower.
Is it maybe possible that their prices are lower, because their quality is actually lower?

Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 PM

385 posts, read 440,898 times
Cali born and raised. 2nd generation Angeleno...and I have always found In & Out to be a waste of money. Tommy's always made better burgers. JMHO.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Troll post that attracts a bunch of people to hate on In-N-Out.

The post is predictable and boring.

In-N-Out has survived and thrived and will continue to do so as long as they keep their winning formula.

Their food is better than most for the price and they treat their employees better than anyone in the industry.

The company is worth billions.

They are like anti-hype, they are tried and true. People like them because they serve a great product for the price.
OMG, it sound's like you are getting paid to promote them.

McD's has the #1 winning formula. But I don't think any one would attribute that to the quality of their food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California