Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 09:58 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What you are describing happened because the voter(s) who moved from the address didn't update their address with the registrar of voting, have you tried notifying them of the mistake? How does that make the voting system "rife with fraud"?
Simple. There is no checks and balances.

Anytime you have a system involving humans voting you need a solid checks and balance system or things like this occur.

Shame on CA for not requiring ID before casting a ballad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 10:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Free ID so people can vote doesn't suppress anyone. Everything in life requires ID. Other rights require ID, I don't see you or others getting worked up about that suppression.

Voter fraud is real, I see it all the time in my line of work. People registered to vote under different names, registered in districts they don't live, registered when they are not citizens, etc.

I could go register under a few different names by changing how I spell my name, using no middle name, middle initial instead of middle name, abbreviate first name, add a jr or sr, etc, the only thing stopping people from doing this is themselves.
shooting4life,

Your type tried levying poll taxes many years ago and lost. You're type also tried administering eligibility tests for voting and lost. For someone supporting the same conservative movement that brings up the constitution every time Obama signs an executive order, you appear to not understand how that document works. I'll reiterate my stance for you one more time. If an ID is completely free and all citizens can obtain one without obstacle, I have no problem with requiring ID. But it needs to be equal among the states and regulated at the federal level. History has proven states can't be trusted to implement something like this at their level...

Old 10-17-2015, 11:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Simple. There is no checks and balances.
Anytime you have a system involving humans voting you need a solid checks and balance system or things like this occur.
Shame on CA for not requiring ID before casting a ballad.
Funny how there are only a tiny number of documented voter fraud cases, isn't it? By the way, when I lived in Nevada I didn't need an ID to vote either..in fact there are only 17 states that require a photo ID to vote:
Voter identification laws by state - Ballotpedia
Personally I don't care if all the states require one- if it is the same for every state, free and easy to obtain, but I don't much like the idea of a state accepting a concealed weapons permit as a voter ID while rejecting a college ID card.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Free ID so people can vote doesn't suppress anyone. Everything in life requires ID. Other rights require ID, I don't see you or others getting worked up about that suppression.
Voter fraud is real, I see it all the time in my line of work. People registered to vote under different names, registered in districts they don't live, registered when they are not citizens, etc. I could go register under a few different names by changing how I spell my name, using no middle name, middle initial instead of middle name, abbreviate first name, add a jr or sr, etc, the only thing stopping people from doing this is themselves.
If you see it all the time you should be reporting it all the time, if not why not? And if you are, then how many prosecutions have resulted? There are almost no people who would be willing to commit a felony by committing voter fraud and the data reflecting the tiny number of voter fraud cases supports that.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
shooting4life,

Your type tried levying poll taxes many years ago and lost. You're type also tried administering eligibility tests for voting and lost. For someone supporting the same conservative movement that brings up the constitution every time Obama signs an executive order, you appear to not understand how that document works. I'll reiterate my stance for you one more time. If an ID is completely free and all citizens can obtain one without obstacle, I have no problem with requiring ID. But it needs to be equal among the states and regulated at the federal level. History has proven states can't be trusted to implement something like this at their level...
The constitution gives the power to control voting rules/regulation to the states.

Those states who violate get slapped down in the courts, we are not living in the 60's anymore. You might want to think about what party was the abusing civil rights of blacks and minorities and it wasn't republicans.

Any state that requires ID to vote (which is approved by scotus, btw) is free

Old 10-17-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Funny how there are only a tiny number of documented voter fraud cases, isn't it? By the way, when I lived in Nevada I didn't need an ID to vote either..in fact there are only 17 states that require a photo ID to vote:
Personally I don't care if all the states require one- if it is the same for every state, free and easy to obtain, but I don't much like the idea of a state accepting a concealed weapons permit as a voter ID while rejecting a college ID card.
It depends on what is required to get the ID card, a ccw requires proof of ID to receive, a college ID card does not.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
It depends on what is required to get the ID card, a ccw requires proof of ID to receive, a college ID card does not.
You are saying that you don't need an ID to enroll in college? Are you trying to be funny or what? It's clear why these states don't want to accept college ID cards, they want to cut down on the number of likely democratic voters that's the entire reason for this nonsense..anyone with half a brain can figure it out.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
You are saying that you don't need an ID to enroll in college? Are you trying to be funny or what? It's clear why these states don't want to accept college ID cards, they want to cut down on the number of likely democratic voters that's the entire reason for this nonsense..anyone with half a brain can figure it out.
So if you need an ID to enroll in college than the person with a college ID already has a regular ID, problem solved. Here you are worrying about nothing.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:07 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Funny how there are only a tiny number of documented voter fraud cases, isn't it?
Actually no it's not funny in the least.

Are you admitting that you are so gullible to the fact that because there is "only a tiny number of documented voter fraud cases" this represents the real deal?
Quote:
By the way, when I lived in Nevada I didn't need an ID to vote either..in fact there are only 17 states that require a photo ID to vote:

Thankfully as of April 2015, 32 states enforced voter identification requirements

I personally do care that all the states require ID before casting a ballot. Humans are not to be trusted in cases where fraud can easily occur. Especially in voting.

Quote:
As a voter, you help decide who will lead us. You make your voice heard on important issues that affect the future of our state and nation. Every time you use your precious right to vote, our democracy grows stronger.
You're a disgrace to our country IMO for not caring.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:44 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Actually no it's not funny in the least.

Are you admitting that you are so gullible to the fact that because there is "only a tiny number of documented voter fraud cases" this represents the real deal?
The real deal? The real deal is the fact that voter fraud is a small problem. If it was larger there would be more prosecutions and more convictions. What's more important, facts or opinions? There is factual data to back up the poster you're replying to while only opinion backs up your statements.

Listen, if voter fraud was widespread I'm pretty sure the government would be investigating these abuses and prosecuting the offenders.. Why isn't this happening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California