Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:52 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Its all about the NCAA. Real schools have a football team and are part of the Pac 12 or in other areas, some other conference. USC, UCLA, and Stanford now those are real schools.

I prefer USC to any other and they are not part of the UC or CSU system.
so UC Berkeley, Harvard and other Ivies are not real school because they don't have Div 1 Basketball or Football Teams?

I thought those who play in Div 1 are really not schools but farm teams of NFL and NBA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 04:17 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I was trying to shorten the name is all.
CA is shorter than Cali.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:23 PM

2,203 posts, read 3,361,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

The University of California system does not offer undergraduate degrees in nursing or education.
UC Irvine has undergraduate degrees in nursing and education and UCLA has nursing.

UC Irvine Nursing Science Program - University of California, Irvine
UC Irvine UC Irvine School of Education
UCLA UCLA School of Nursing

Old 05-20-2016, 09:46 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Californians view that shortening about the same way as a loud fart in a crowded elevator.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
UC Irvine has undergraduate degrees in nursing and education and UCLA has nursing.

UC Irvine Nursing Science Program - University of California, Irvine
UC Irvine UC Irvine School of Education
UCLA UCLA School of Nursing
they can offer anything under the sun except Ph D in education. that's exclusive to Cal State System. likewise the Cal State System can offer anything under the sun except MD and JD. these are exclusive to UC system

Old 05-20-2016, 04:37 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,261,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
they can offer anything under the sun except Ph D in education. that's exclusive to Cal State System.
Few degrees are particularly "exclusive" to the Cal State system, especially a "Ph.D. in education"...
UC Irvine School of Education -- Ph.D. in Education
UC San Diego -- Ph.D. in Education
UC Santa Cruz -- Ph.D. in Education
UC Davis School of Education -- Ph.D. in Education
UCSB Gervirtz School -- Ph.D. in Education
UCR Graduate School of Education -- Ph.D, Degree Programs
UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies -- Academic Programs
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Education -- Graduate Studies

Old 05-23-2016, 01:01 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
so UC Berkeley, Harvard and other Ivies are not real school because they don't have Div 1 Basketball or Football Teams?

I thought those who play in Div 1 are really not schools but farm teams of NFL and NBA
Berkeley plays in the PAC 12 so they are good. They have supplied a lot of talent to the NFL over the years.

Harvard is in the Ivy League, also a Division 1 school, and is one of the most prolific football programs in the nation. They started playing the game in 1873 and have not stopped since. Harvard also has a part in feeding the NFL. Currently 6 NFL players are Harvard Alumni.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,252 times
Quote:
It's ok to use Cali if you want. Most "Cali" natives couldn't care less. The C-D "Cali" forum has a Clan of haters that rally around the use but they a harmless. They enjoy rallying and carrying on but they are a vocal minority.

Last edited by sourdough; 05-23-2016 at 07:27 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 10:19 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Why is there both a University of California, and a California State University system?

Is it a tier system based on level of academic competency with UC system being the smartest kids, and CalState being less academically inclined?

Now there are other states with this setup, but they have much less campuses. The UC system, and Cal State have a lot of campuses, and probably cost a lot of money.
The Cal State system for residents is one of the best bargains in the nation. Or so I have heard.

Top 15 Cheapest Colleges in California

CSU | Student Academic Support | Campus Costs of Attendance for 2009-2010

Old 05-25-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The Cal State system for residents is one of the best bargains in the nation. Or so I have heard.

Top 15 Cheapest Colleges in California

CSU | Student Academic Support | Campus Costs of Attendance for 2009-2010
if I were an employer, I would not consider a graduate of the Cal State System unless he passed a state license or a previous employer can vouch for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California