Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 03:54 PM

156 posts, read 163,358 times

Advertisements

"I post on any thread that I feel like posting on, LOL. You should try it."

Of course you are free to post anywhere you like man. It's just that you lost all credibility when you stated that you don't even live in CA and yet you have all these negative remarks to post.

What state do you actually live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 04:01 PM

745 posts, read 1,284,064 times
We left because it was too expensive. I can give you other reasons, but if we had been able to afford a single family home in a decent neighborhood, we would have stayed. We had invested lifetimes in relationships there. Still would have left once our kids graduated, however.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:03 PM

156 posts, read 163,358 times
"It's not unique to this forum. Americans seem to hate CA.

Americans Hate California Even More Than They Hate New Jersey

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/W...ns-5943790.php

Saw this pictures while reading comments in those articles."

So California is America's least favorite state...

Boy but, they sure do love to drink our wine, eat our food, go to our theme parks, visit our national parks, go to our beaches, listen to our music, watch the movies we make...etc.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:07 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post
"It's not unique to this forum. Americans seem to hate CA.

Americans Hate California Even More Than They Hate New Jersey

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/W...ns-5943790.php

Saw this pictures while reading comments in those articles."

So California is America's least favorite state...

Boy but, they sure do love to drink our wine, eat our food, go to our theme parks, visit our national parks, go to our beaches, listen to our music, watch the movies we make...etc.

Yeah, for being a place that people seem to hate so much, they sure seem to like coming here!

Americans' Favorite Destinations, State by State | Travel + Leisure
Quote:
HotelsCombined also pulled data on national trends, such as most and least popular states to visit from 2014, top bookings for 2015 so far, and states with the most travelers in 2015 based on Google searches. The takeaway? Americans consistently love Florida, California, Nevada, and New York. Nebraska and Vermont, slightly less.
I also question the validity of the survey that found that people "hate" CA (that isn't really what it said) considering that CA has also been found to be the people's favorite state:
POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider
Quote:
Besides their own state, people had the highest opinion of California. Colorado is also pretty popular. Max: California, 194 of 1581, 12%

For comparison, this survey found Texas to be the least liked:
Quote:
That's what you get, Texas, for always pulling the "We can leave America whenever we feel like it" card. Max: Texas, 167 of 1581 votes, 11%

Old 07-25-2016, 04:54 PM

124 posts, read 129,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yeah, for being a place that people seem to hate so much, they sure seem to like coming here!

Americans' Favorite Destinations, State by State | Travel + Leisure

I also question the validity of the survey that found that people "hate" CA (that isn't really what it said) considering that CA has also been found to be the people's favorite state:
POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

For comparison, this survey found Texas to be the least liked:
It definitely seems to be a polarizing state.

Also, that poll has NY being voted #1 as having the BEST sports fans and #1 as having the WORST sports fans. I think there may be some issues with the an online poll like that compared to PPP one.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaDude View Post
It definitely seems to be a polarizing state.

Also, that poll has NY being voted #1 as having the BEST sports fans and #1 as having the WORST sports fans. I think there may be some issues with the an online poll like that compared to PPP one.
Sure, I can agree with that - CA does seem to garner a lot of ire (some justified, some not, some just from people knowing only about its stereotypes and nothing about what it's really like); while at the same time receiving a ton of praise and love (some justified, some not).

There are other states that are also quite polarizing, as well.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 PM

254 posts, read 193,269 times
Quote:
What's actually hilarious is how wrong you are over and over again. Anyone with a shred of dignity would just give up by now and move on.
I like how not only were you wrong in this thread, but also in the other thread on CA taxation. You apparently just go from thread to thread being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post
It's just that you lost all credibility when you stated that you don't even live in CA and yet you have all these negative remarks to post.
Actually, it's odd because your rebuttals went something like this:

1) Respond to something I didn't say.
2) Responded again to something I didn't say.
3) Claimed that I hated California but secretly loved it, which had nothing to do with anything being discussed either way.
4) State that I have no credibility.

In all of that, I didn't actually see anything that resembled any logic, reasoning, or relevance.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
i do not have the time to read this whole thread, but am I the only one who realizes that income and wealth are not the same thing. Say a guy owns a company and he only pays himself a salary of $50K for the year, that does not mean he does not have a huge company with plenty of assets that produce a ton of revenue for the state
That's correct. That is, in fact, why very wealthy people like Warren Buffett can confidently demand high income taxes and be celebrated like "man, he gets it!! Even Warren Buffett gets it!!" Meanwhile, Warren Buffett is laughing at all the people who cheer him on because his actual income is a negligible part of his net wealth. The income tax doesn't harm the wealthy, only the people who are trying to accrue wealth.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:56 PM

124 posts, read 129,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momomanno View Post
I like how not only were you wrong in this thread, but also in the other thread on CA taxation. You apparently just go from thread to thread being wrong.

Actually, it's odd because your rebuttals went something like this:

1) Respond to something I didn't say.
2) Responded again to something I didn't say.
3) Claimed that I hated California but secretly loved it, which had nothing to do with anything being discussed either way.
4) State that I have no credibility.

In all of that, I didn't actually see anything that resembled any logic, reasoning, or relevance.
Definitely understandable that the chart was a bit too confusing for you. Probably requires at least a HS education to understand what it shows.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Definitely understandable that the chart was a bit too confusing for you. Probably requires at least a HS education to understand what it shows.
My, you sure are proud of that GED, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California