Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM

177 posts, read 257,568 times

Advertisements

Anyway,should keep this on track.
Why dont you come over for a vacation first and see for yourself.
Your English pound beats the heck out of the battered American Dollar,by two to one.So you have good buying power.Plus I think you will find most Americans love the Brits and your nice accent and good manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 PM

9 posts, read 55,849 times
Before you decide on any place in the U.S., you might want to find out if you are eligible to get a work visa etc. There are many categories of work visas and the United States Immigration dept. website shows the categories.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 PM

19 posts, read 93,253 times
Sounds like a fun adventure! I moved to London from Orange County, CA for one year. Loved it. The two are completely different. What kind of setting do you like to live in?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:00 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
I just find it funny, how they label Americans dumb and their smart. And whats even funnier is that they hated foreigners being in their country even if its done legally, ironic they cant stand it there anymore and wanna go elsewhere... LMAO... mean? yeah probably but thats what karma is all about.
Sorry, that's not what karma is about and if someone wants to begin a thread and get some direct feedback relating to their personal situation, why diss them? That's what this forum on the world wide web is about!
Original Poster .... California!!! and in my opinion coastal California from central coast (as a photographer you must see Big Sur!!!! - the challenge is to just try [i dare you] to capture the magical essence of the place - not often done!) and on up through San Francisco and Napa and Sonoma (wine country - beautiful).
The summers will bring fog along the coast and more and less (and it's often not a constant) depending where you are but it's a beautiful fog ... a magical mystical fog. And you only need go a bit inland to find the sun when you need it.
The incredible natural/environmental diversity of this state will please you i think. For example, you can drive from San Francisco to the Sierra mountains in less than 41/2 hours (depending on traffic).
And when you're in California the entire big wild West of this country is yours to explore. If you're in Florida you're kinda stuck down there unless you have a particular draw to the southern part of the United States.
Florida ... ummmm ... sorry Floridians ... but there are so many reasons to NOT relocate there! Just my opinion of course.

Last edited by rubyskye; 03-11-2008 at 12:18 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 03:36 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,255 times
Big Sur
http://geography.berkeley.edu/programcourses/2003_Field_Pictures/SouthCoast/0312_BigSurHighway.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 PM

177 posts, read 257,568 times
Well I am not saying any thing bad about Florida,I like it but adventure wise and not steady living I would choose California for a wild fling :-)

Old 03-24-2008, 05:56 AM

20 posts, read 55,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
God almighty, not another "Moving from uk to us - need help" thread.

Please learn how to use the "Search" option.

Wierd how they (uk) think Americans are dumb
Hey it was a general post, aimed primarily at Uk people already moved to the US, no need for the negativity, and you shouldn't generalize about UK people think Americans are dumb. I think you may be watching too much tv if you think that.

Thanks anyway!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 AM

Hey, Thanks for you reply and your kindness.

We have decided on California, for many reasons that people have helped us with.

We're going to rent for a while until the housing market levels out a little, and like you pointed out use the strength of the pound to buy and invest in business out there.

All we have to decide now is where in California - haha!

Many thanks.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athom89 View Post
Before you decide on any place in the U.S., you might want to find out if you are eligible to get a work visa etc. There are many categories of work visas and the United States Immigration dept. website shows the categories.

Thanks for the info, we're now looking into the visa situation, or even better possible sponsorship, which would make things easier.

Aren't there so many different types of visa's?

Thanks again.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 AM

715 posts, read 2,086,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutang View Post
Hey it was a general post, aimed primarily at Uk people already moved to the US, no need for the negativity, and you shouldn't generalize about UK people think Americans are dumb. I think you may be watching too much tv if you think that.

Thanks anyway!

Nope, used to live in the uk for donkies years, so one gets a general idea how they think, now who'se been watching too much t.v. hmm??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California