Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 06:06 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times

Advertisements

They also need legislation to keep foreign nationals, such as Diane Feinstein, out of power, because that right there is the ultimate instance of meddling by foreign nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 07:08 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Because, just as with NASA being a Federally funded entity and dulicating efforts to develop and launch satellites to monitor what which is already monitored, so too does the interference issue require a response at the Federal level. You do understand that resources are finite, right?

Can you please respond to my question? It was:

Senior administration officials warned that Russia is trying to interfere in November's midterm elections. Do you have any concerns?
I’d respond if I knew what you were asking ... “do I have any concerns?” about what?
“Senior administration officials warned ...” ... So, what are they gonna do bout it?

My concerns are that Chump is brain-dead and avoiding, prevaricating, and lying through his hairdo :. Therefore good news: Brown/California is stepping up to the bar to get started addressing the problems.

Finite resources? Yeah. What federal resources are being applied that we shouldn’t duplicate?

Old 09-23-2018, 07:21 PM

145 posts, read 104,546 times
While the intent is good it merely addresses the symptom, not the cause. As long as people continue to seek out and believe in junk information such interference will never end.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Because, just as with NASA being a Federally funded entity and dulicating efforts to develop and launch satellites to monitor what which is already monitored, so too does the interference issue require a response at the Federal level. You do understand that resources are finite, right?

Can you please respond to my question? It was:
Senior administration officials warned that Russia is trying to interfere in November's midterm elections. Do you have any concerns?
How?

Unlikely to be changing votes, though that did happen for Hillary in the last election due to votes given to her in 2 precincts in TX, as the voting machines were altered to do so.

Now virtually all Gov'ts try to influence voters in other Countries including the US Gov't. Quite common.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:13 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I’d respond if I knew what you were asking ... “do I have any concerns?” about what?
“Senior administration officials warned ...” ... So, what are they gonna do bout it?

My concerns are that Chump is brain-dead and avoiding, prevaricating, and lying through his hairdo :. Therefore good news: Brown/California is stepping up to the bar to get started addressing the problems.

Finite resources? Yeah. What federal resources are being applied that we shouldn’t duplicate?
Donald J. Trump is your president. He is Charlemagne reincarnate and a champion of Western Civilization. He is proof that providence still favors this nation, and he should be respected by referring to him by his proper name and title, President Donald Trump, Or if you prefer, My Exalted Leader, My Supreme Liege, or Our Beloved Champion of Western Civilization.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Donald J. Trump is your president. He is Charlemagne reincarnate and a champion of Western Civilization. He is proof that providence still favors this nation, and he should be respected by referring to him by his proper name and title, President Donald Trump, Or if you prefer, My Exalted Leader, My Supreme Liege, or Our Beloved Champion of Western Civilization.
Roflmmfao ... Donald J(for jerk)Chump is definitely not my president and never will be. And if I used the “proper title” for him it would only appear as ************** here on this forum.

Now back to California stepping up to the bar the Chumpster ducks under ...

Old 09-23-2018, 09:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Speaking of disinformation, even Mayor Goofcetti recently admitted that the general public was mislead by Prop 47. I wonder if this piece of virtue-signaling legislation will apply uniformly...
No, that just can't be. I was given the work of scholars that was "peer reviewed" and subject to rigor beyond mention. Plus some on this site who have sleep disorders (and others) who proclaimed themselves experts told me as much. I am so so bewildered.

http://www.kabc.com/2018/05/31/la-mayor-mim/
With the passage of Props 47 and 57, a lot of drug addicts are not going for treatment because they no longer face the threat of jail time for dodging it, which has contributed to the current homeless crisis.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti agrees with the homeless advocates and law enforcement officials who say the reforms went too far.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:19 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
No, that just can't be. I was given the work of scholars that was "peer reviewed" and subject to rigor beyond mention. Plus some on this site who have sleep disorders (and others) who proclaimed themselves experts told me as much. I am so so bewildered.

http://www.kabc.com/2018/05/31/la-mayor-mim/
With the passage of Props 47 and 57, a lot of drug addicts are not going for treatment because they no longer face the threat of jail time for dodging it, which has contributed to the current homeless crisis.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti agrees with the homeless advocates and law enforcement officials who say the reforms went too far.
Shocking isn't it??? My world is rocked !!!

Old 09-23-2018, 09:28 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Look, you can't fix stupid. If people are going to vote based on some idiotic feed on facebook, there's nothing you can really do to stop it.

Fortunately, normally, really stupid people don't usually take the time to vote.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Look, you can't fix stupid. If people are going to vote based on some idiotic feed on facebook, there's nothing you can really do to stop it.

Fortunately, normally, really stupid people don't usually take the time to vote.
They certainly did last presidential election 2016 ... and they’re still fired up now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California