Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on Prop 4?
Yes 0 0%
No 14 100.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:56 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
You are right again! Just another of the bond measures that only take money for paychecks- NO MORE! Stop them this election!
NO on 1-4 !
Yes on 6 !
Vote for John Cox- do not let Brown Jr become Gov!!
Haha, no thanks... I'm still learning about the propositions, but will likely end up voting the exact opposite of this.

That's the beauty of a democratic system, though! This will be an interesting election, to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
No from me too. I generally vote No, always, on bond measures.
Even library bond measures?

(we really depend on those, and I assure you they do NOT go to our salaries - don't I wish, lol)

Old 10-19-2018, 11:35 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Even library bond measures?

(we really depend on those, and I assure you they do NOT go to our salaries - don't I wish, lol)
Agree. Libraries always get a yes from me, and same for police, firefighters, etc.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Agree. Libraries always get a yes from me, and same for police, firefighters, etc.
Excellent.

I'm not too worried personally, since they ALWAYS pass in the county/city where I work... thankfully people still love their libraries, and don't tend to lump us in with the rest of the "corrupt government workers."

Old 10-19-2018, 02:07 PM

Btw, the League of Women Voters (who usually reflect my personal beliefs) are recommending NO on this proposition. So I might go with them, since I do agree that public funds shouldn't be used for private institutions... but if I were 100% sure the funds would help the CHILDREN and their facility, I might be swayed by emotion. It's sick children, ya know? Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing that until after the fact.

I am still planning to vote YES on props 1 & 2, though.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:13 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Btw, the League of Women Voters (who usually reflect my personal beliefs) are recommending NO on this proposition. So I might go with them, since I do agree that public funds shouldn't be used for private institutions... but if I were 100% sure the funds would help the CHILDREN and their facility, I might be swayed by emotion. It's sick children, ya know? Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing that until after the fact.

I am still planning to vote YES on props 1 & 2, though.
Oddly, I'm not in agreement with the League of Women Voters on everything this time around.

I know what you mean about sick kids, but if you look at how the funding would be broken down, the money isn't fairly distributed to all hospitals that help sick kids. For instance hospitals that aren't specifically ONLY a children's hospital, and might also take care of the general population, only get 1 million dollars, while these private "childrens hospitals" get 154 million. It just shows who wrote the proposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California