Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 05:26 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,746,637 times

Advertisements

OK...I'd just pay the ticket and go to traffic school...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 05:34 PM

9 posts, read 13,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
OK...I'd just pay the ticket and go to traffic school...
That is exactly what I want to do, but as I said, this is the first time I have been in this situation. I would like to ensure that I have the opportunity to go traffic school by finding out the best way to approach this. I hear people say that traffic school is not an option and from others that it is. Its just a little confusing, hence why I'm here on this forum seeking guidance.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:24 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helikido View Post
On the ticket, it shows that he cited me for 100 MPH (inputted #). He stated that when he pulled me over, I was going 88 MPH, that was his verbal statement, but he said I'm being written up for 100 MPH since another police officer got me for that. That is the confusing part, where reliability of radar may be questioned. The officer apparently was not able to pull me over since he was on the opposite side of traffic, hence why another officer did it (to my understanding). I wish I can meet with the cop to understand exactly what is going on.

And after this, I'm for sure going to buy it. Just will need to save up more, but I don't plan on speeding, since I don't. It's just an unfortunate mistake, atleast I'll check my speed every time it beeps now though!

The code violation number is VC22356(b). .
Just Google this code and see what pops up. Nobody here will give you any info better than that. No lawyer is going to give you free info, etc. So, the best you can hope to get from posting here is just a Google search, which you can do yourself.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:53 PM

987 posts, read 778,594 times
Here is the search query I tried:

CA TRAFFIC code violation number VC 22356(b)

What does the 22356 b vc fine cost?
The true cost of VC 22356 b California fines may be much higher than the fine amount for the speeding ticket in the long term as the DMV point can lead to higher auto insurance rates for three years of more. DMV point is 1.

CVC 22356 (b) Exceeding Speed Limit of 70 MPH, 1–15 MPH Over Limit $ 238.00 1
CVC 22356 (b) Exceeding Speed Limit of 70 MPH, 16–25 MPH Over Limit $ 367.00 1
CVC 22356 (b) Exceeding 70 MPH Speed, = 26 MPH Over Limit $ 490.00 1

Old 11-27-2018, 08:37 AM

54 posts, read 46,225 times
Plead no contest and request traffic school, this is what I did in SoCal when caught at about 100 in a 55 zone.
The judge replied "granted" and that was it.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:49 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
OP, what kind of car were you driving?

Old 11-27-2018, 09:50 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
OP, what kind of car were you driving?
Obviously one that reaches a speed of 100 mph.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:46 AM

1,203 posts, read 835,299 times
Unless things have change in our judicial system, I have never heard of a situation where you don't have to go to court for a speeding ticket (that is standard protocol..don't care what the officer told you). In your first appearance in court, the officer will not be there. This is called an arraignment. You need to enter a plea to the charges against you. Your choices are guilty, not guilty, or no contest (which has the same effect as a guilty plea....you are saying you do not want to contend the charges). If you are not going to want to contend the charges, you should plead no contest and ask the judge for permission to go to traffic school. Do keep in mind though, you actually have a reckless driving ticket, not a regular speeding ticket. Reckless driving amounts to two points on your record. In fact, should you be cited for reckless driving and the rules are the same as they used to be, traffic school would only reduce your fine but the points would stay on your record (so plan on a serious bump to your auto insurance rate). You could also have your license suspended. And if you were to ask the judge for permission to give a brief comment after your plea to see if he/she can reduce the speed from 100 to 88, it's not going to matter since 88 would still be reckless driving (you did say the speed limit was 70, right?).

Speeding in California is automatically considered reckless driving at 15 mph over the posted limit.

The only way you have a change of completely getting out of the ticket would be to plead innocent. By doing this, a court date will be set. Both you and the officer would be required to attend. If for some reason, the officer did not show up (I doubt it), you would be off scott free. If the officer does show up, I can pretty much guarantee you have no chance of winning, will not be able to go to traffic school, and will probably have to pay a heftier fine as you took the officer away from his job for your frivolous court case. Any other questions?

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...alerie-mellema

Last edited by JJonesIII; 11-28-2018 at 05:10 AM..

Old 11-28-2018, 05:00 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times
Quote:
I drive this road ALLOT, over a span of 3 years with no tickets and having one day of cited, that is a ratio of 1/1095 = 0.0009 or 0.09%. It was a honest mistake.
If you ever take a life on the road after another honest mistake, don't quote statistics as your defense.

And get that speedometer fixed.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:16 AM

1,203 posts, read 835,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
If you ever take a life on the road after another honest mistake, don't quote statistics as your defense.

And get that speedometer fixed.
I didn't even notice that comment. Sorry bud, but 3 years is nothing impressive. Most people I know have been driving for 40+ years and never got a reckless driving ticket. There's nothing impressive about that and if you use that in court, they'll probably increase your fine because you simply do not get it. Your reaction time at 100 mph or 88 mph is so greatly reduced that if someone happened upon that rode, you almost assuredly would hit them. Please stop with the nonsense. What you did was extremely dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: