Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 11:10 AM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times

Advertisements

San Diego seems to have this huge nexus with Boston...maybe due to the bio tech industry.

The only thing I would complain about when visiting other areas is the weather, I would be complaining about it all winter long if I were in Boston. The same thing happens to me in summer when I visit my home state of Texas, I find myself complaining about the humidity often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 03:35 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
San Diego seems to have this huge nexus with Boston...maybe due to the bio tech industry.

The only thing I would complain about when visiting other areas is the weather, I would be complaining about it all winter long if I were in Boston. The same thing happens to me in summer when I visit my home state of Texas, I find myself complaining about the humidity often.
That’s one the thing I don’t do when traveling. I just let the locals complain about the weather. That’s what I find so assuming on these boards how everyone seems to love crappy weather, but yet you never find someone singing it’s praise when you’re there. I also figure the last thing they want to hear is someone from California complaining about the weather. I did this while in college in Michigan and my friends grew tired of it.

As for Boston folk here I think it has more to do with already having friends/family here and the support network that comes with that than any one industry. Boston is probably the number one city out of state I have, or have had, friends from. I’ve literally met hundreds over the years as many come out for a year or two before going back. But a good many have stayed. They’re all in different industries, and almost every last one said the reason they came out was they visited/knew someone out here so the move was easy because they had a place to stay while getting established. I personally hired several myself off friend’s recommendations so I’m sure this is pretty common as well.

When I’ve been in Boston and I told someone I’m from here or had my Padres hat on everyone would tell me how they lived here once, visited someone, or knew someone that did. Seriously, if you’re ever in Boston wear a piece of San Diego and you’ll have an instant conversation wherever you go. Always positive too! Why San Diego who knows? Maybe they chose San Diego initially because of the hatred for LA they’re instilled with at birth because of the Lakers/Celtics rivalry that’s been going on for generations now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California