Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 01:20 PM

382 posts, read 179,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Interesting article and a question I've been asking myself for over a year. If my insurance would pay to have a gene test done, I'd do it to see why I haven't been infected with it. Earlier this year, I had a mild cold and Spring allergies but that's passed. I tested twice when I had the cold and even with the allergy breakout but both were negative. It could (not saying it is) be due to my intake of specific vitamins and minerals. I don't take a multi. I zero in on the ones that help my body stay healthy. The ones my body can get deficient in. Maybe that's just luck too but if that's all it is, I'm grateful.

The article states those who haven't been infected are likely to with this current strain. Have to wait another year to see how those numbers pan out. After two and a half years of this, I think most people are adapting to life and accepting whatever happens.
Good to see the fake MSM finally being serious about T-Cells which other media outlets and doctors unafraid of being censored have mentioned for over 2 years.

Guess I'll consider my youngest son and me lucky to have not been infected when both my wife got it, and then oldest son 6 weeks later got it. Both had just chills for a day, then tired for another 1-2 days, and it was over. No long covid so far for either. We didn't try to avoid each other at all. Wasn't worried about getting it either, and would rather get it than my kids getting it.

Who knows, maybe vitamins like you say, certain ones, actually help, but the fake MSM and doctors will never admit that. Time will tell.

Old 07-27-2022, 01:36 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
The CDC giving out bogus info. Where is my shocked face.

Some scientists advise that people should stop quarantining only once they test negative using at-home, rapid antigen tests (RATs) rather than relying on the CDC's five-day rule.

Remember, they went from saying masks don't really help to pushing mandates.

Old 07-27-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The CDC giving out bogus info. Where is my shocked face.

Some scientists advise that people should stop quarantining only once they test negative using at-home, rapid antigen tests (RATs) rather than relying on the CDC's five-day rule.

Remember, they went from saying masks don't really help to pushing mandates.
Oh, then there was this with Dr. Birx I think over the weekend. Didn't see the whole interview, but how he doesn't follow up with what she said about 50% who died were old and vaxxed. Shocking. Don't trust any of these clowns.

https://twitter.com/TeamCavuto/statu...98017761280006

Old 07-27-2022, 01:49 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
Good to see the fake MSM finally being serious about T-Cells which other media outlets and doctors unafraid of being censored have mentioned for over 2 years.

Guess I'll consider my youngest son and me lucky to have not been infected when both my wife got it, and then oldest son 6 weeks later got it. Both had just chills for a day, then tired for another 1-2 days, and it was over. No long covid so far for either. We didn't try to avoid each other at all. Wasn't worried about getting it either, and would rather get it than my kids getting it.

Who knows, maybe vitamins like you say, certain ones, actually help, but the fake MSM and doctors will never admit that. Time will tell.
Very sorry you and members of your family caught and very glad to know you all came through without serious complications.

I won't say that my regime for health is the answer. I won't promote anything to anyone. That's for them to decide as we're all different in what we can and can't put into our own body.

One thing that interested me back in 2020 was when Dr. Fauci spoke about Vit D3. It started to gain some traction but the naysayers shot that down pretty quickly. I wish they hadn't been so quick to dismiss that information because more people are deficient and don't even realize it. It's an important vitamin to have in your system. In fact, D3 really isn't considered a vitamin but rather a steroid hormone. It's vital to the human body.

Even those who live in sunnier parts of the country are usually deficient but they don't know it. The only thing I will urge people to do is get tested. It's not usually on the standard chem panel that your doctor orders but something to talk with him/her about. And if found to be deficient and in need of more than 5K IU to bring your level up fairly quickly, take K2 with it. (Not K but K2. There's a big different there). D3 & K2 work in conjunction with each other.

Good luck to you and your family. May all of you continue to remain healthy through all these different variants.

Old 07-27-2022, 01:51 PM

Oh yeah, people. Don't even get me started on Dr. Birx. All I can really say is she's got a good poker face. All those press briefings, she appeared as if she was telling the truth.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Very sorry you and members of your family caught and very glad to know you all came through without serious complications.

I won't say that my regime for health is the answer. I won't promote anything to anyone. That's for them to decide as we're all different in what we can and can't put into our own body.

One thing that interested me back in 2020 was when Dr. Fauci spoke about Vit D3. It started to gain some traction but the naysayers shot that down pretty quickly. I wish they hadn't been so quick to dismiss that information because more people are deficient and don't even realize it. It's an important vitamin to have in your system. In fact, D3 really isn't considered a vitamin but rather a steroid hormone. It's vital to the human body.

Even those who live in sunnier parts of the country are usually deficient but they don't know it. The only thing I will urge people to do is get tested. It's not usually on the standard chem panel that your doctor orders but something to talk with him/her about. And if found to be deficient and in need of more than 5K IU to bring your level up fairly quickly, take K2 with it. (Not K but K2. There's a big different there). D3 & K2 work in conjunction with each other.

Good luck to you and your family. May all of you continue to remain healthy through all these different variants.
Oh, I definitely agree with you. Not saying certain vitamins are the answer, but you're right even Fraudci mentioned Vit D3 briefly, but then that was shot down. I'll continue to believe adequate levels certainly help. First thing I did in June 2020 was to get all my blood work. Vit D3 was 78, glucose was a little high in the 90's, so I changed my diet slightly since we had been eating all kinds of crap in the first few months of the pandemic and glucose and A1C went down significantly.

My wife had a vit D deficiency about 15 years ago, in the teens I think. She was always lethargic, so it was great they figured that out. She was prescribed a high dose and within a few months was in the lower end of the acceptable range.

Stay healthy, Mars. Glad to hear you're making through it so far.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:25 PM

Impressive levels, Carpenter Stay healthy and best to you all out that way

And thanks. I'll do my best.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:29 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Interesting article and a question I've been asking myself for over a year. If my insurance would pay to have a gene test done, I'd do it to see why I haven't been infected with it.
One of my kids sent me that article, with the comment, "So the reason you haven't gotten it yet is because of your allergies, Mom." Who knows.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:32 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
This is why we should just ignore asymptomatic cases now. I've had ample opportunities to be infected in the last two years but so far haven't. If that's a matter of a "transient infection", then it makes that much stronger of an argument that asymptomatic people aren't the major source of spread.
But whether symptomatic or not, any source of spread contributes to the possibility of new variants. The greater the number of people who get infected, the greater the number of potentially more transmissible variants.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
One of my kids sent me that article, with the comment, "So the reason you haven't gotten it yet is because of your allergies, Mom." Who knows.
Might be something to that. Who knows, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California