Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 08:06 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
As an agency, if you're writing policy and guidelines on matters where there is no consensus (as evidenced above by two competing studies' conclusions), it's to be expected that the authors will err on the side of caution.
Of course. Not sure why people don't want to see this.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:41 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
It's not like it's a secret that masks are required on campuses. The types of people in that article have weaponized their kids to use in their personal proxy war against school covid policies. I've seen it happening since we returned to in-person around mid-fall. What's sad is how embarrassing it is to their kids. In the past couple months, there's a been a few parents trying to make a political statement while students are being checked in to school. More than once I've had to ask them to find a different venue. Also, the protocols for reopening aren't changing in our district for summer session, so I know I'll have a whole new crop of these people screaming about June 15th in front of a bunch of kids.
Well said. It's the same situation here with summer school, last week I had to go pick up my grandson and there were four or five people out there waiting to pick up their kid talking about having a demonstration about the kids having to follow the same protocols in summer school. My guess is that they are generally miserable angry people and this is their cause célèbre. I'm pretty sure that most of them would have trouble articulating the rationale for their argument if asked.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:02 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
If the Wuhan lab-leak hypothesis is true, expect a political earthquake

We cast blame so innocently in those days. We scolded at will. We knew who was right and we shook our heads to behold those in the wrong playing in their swimming pools and on the beach. It made perfect sense to us that Donald Trump, a politician we despised, could not grasp the situation, that he suggested people inject bleach, and that he was personally responsible for more than one super-spreading event. Reality itself punished leaders like him who refused to bow to expertise. The prestige news media even figured out a way to blame the worst death tolls on a system of organized ignorance they called “populism.”

But these days the consensus doesn’t consense quite as well as it used to. Now the media is filled with disturbing stories suggesting that Covid might have come — not from “populism” at all, but from a laboratory screw-up in Wuhan, China. You can feel the moral convulsions beginning as the question sets in: What if science itself is in some way culpable for all this?

Old 06-01-2021, 04:49 PM

Guess this really shouldn't come as a surprise. CA is going to hold onto these COVID mandates for as long as possible. Clearly the goal post has been permanently moved beyond these restrictions being put in place to prevent overwhelming hospitals.

California Likely To Require Masks At Many Workplaces After June 15

But a committee charged with recommending Covid safety measures to the CA Occupational Safety and Health Standards (CalOSHA) Board, advises in a new draft document that masking in the workplace should continue after June 15.

As for physical distancing, the CA recommendations say that, through July 31, 2022 “all employees shall be separated from other persons by at least six feet” unless respirators are being worn.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:24 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Good. Other than the San Francisco area, I haven't heard of a very high percentage of adults in regions in California being vaccinated. Between the legal difficulty of requiring employees to be vaccinated and the amount of time employees who work on site spend around people, extra precautions are needed.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:14 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
If the Wuhan lab-leak hypothesis is true, expect a political earthquake

We cast blame so innocently in those days. We scolded at will. We knew who was right and we shook our heads to behold those in the wrong playing in their swimming pools and on the beach. It made perfect sense to us that Donald Trump, a politician we despised, could not grasp the situation, that he suggested people inject bleach, and that he was personally responsible for more than one super-spreading event. Reality itself punished leaders like him who refused to bow to expertise. The prestige news media even figured out a way to blame the worst death tolls on a system of organized ignorance they called “populism.”

But these days the consensus doesn’t consense quite as well as it used to. Now the media is filled with disturbing stories suggesting that Covid might have come — not from “populism” at all, but from a laboratory screw-up in Wuhan, China. You can feel the moral convulsions beginning as the question sets in: What if science itself is in some way culpable for all this?
It is true. It's been great just sitting back and watching being proved right again and again, not gonna lie. It became pointless trying to wake people up and those same people are now moving the goalposts when articles like this come out.

If people just took off their political glasses, which seems hard to do in california for whatever reason, then the evidence in jan 2020 pointed to the virus being a lab leak. Then when those videos from china of people fainting in the streets never happened in western countries should have been the next clue for people. Unfortunately there was too much CNN and Fox News, and not enough critical thinking going on.

There's several people who keep posting in this thread who have been just flat out wrong the entire time yet keep talking like they know what's up lol.

Quote:
Guess this really shouldn't come as a surprise. CA is going to hold onto these COVID mandates for as long as possible. Clearly the goal post has been permanently moved beyond these restrictions being put in place to prevent overwhelming hospitals.

California Likely To Require Masks At Many Workplaces After June 15

But a committee charged with recommending Covid safety measures to the CA Occupational Safety and Health Standards (CalOSHA) Board, advises in a new draft document that masking in the workplace should continue after June 15.

As for physical distancing, the CA recommendations say that, through July 31, 2022 “all employees shall be separated from other persons by at least six feet” unless respirators are being worn.
Well this means we arent going back into the office until July 2022 at the earliest. I'm cool with that.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:08 AM

“COVID is still here and is still pretty prevalent in our community,” said Kerri Schuette, public information officer for the Health and Human Services Agency of Shasta County, where only 36% of residents have received at least one dose. “And that’s especially concerning in a county that doesn’t have a very high vaccination rate, so there are a lot of people who are vulnerable still.”

These gaps in vaccine coverage, though not new, are sparking concerns that some swaths of the state remain at risk of potential outbreaks, complicating California’s emergence from the pandemic that has upended life for more than a year.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-north-are-low

Old 06-02-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Good. Other than the San Francisco area, I haven't heard of a very high percentage of adults in regions in California being vaccinated. Between the legal difficulty of requiring employees to be vaccinated and the amount of time employees who work on site spend around people, extra precautions are needed.
There's no reason vaccinated employees should have to wear masks though.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:26 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
I'm so sick and tired of this coronavirus nonsense. It's over. My happiest day will be when this thread and all others are gone and I never see or hear Fauchi again.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
There's no reason vaccinated employees should have to wear masks though.
From the article you posted above: "the presence of one unvaccinated person in a room full of otherwise vaccinated employees would mean everyone has to don a mask."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California