Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times

Advertisements

what does everyone think of this city?

what does everyone think about this city getting a regional open-air mall with Macy's and Nordstrom?

I think this city is beautiful with it's pier, beach, and dunes. the shopping centers here also have beautiful architect.

2007 annual report of the San Luis Obispo General Plan. for more info call city clerk office

http://www.ci.san-luis-obispo.ca.us/cityclerk...

http://library.slocog.org/PDFs/Agency_Mtgs_Ag...

http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Assets/PL/Area+Pl...

These sites prove that san Luis Obispo will be at 50,000 population in 2020. And Pismo Beach at 10,000 population in 2020. as well as estimates for other cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 10:14 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
You DO realize dont you that there is more to life than malls? I'm really curious as to what your fascination is with them as the idea of a mall seems to show up in most of your posts. I know you are a teenager, but do you not have any different interests? And by the way, an open air mall is NOT the sole answer to vitalizing a community.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:24 PM

My fascination with malls is this:

-the architecture is interesting for each mall, especially open-air malls
-the big fountains in the middle are so cool
-an open-air food court with my favorite places to eat and hang out with friends:
Orange Julius, Cinnabon, Red Robin, Pretzel Time, Surf City Squeeze, Tempuri Bowl, etc.
-the arcades in mall, and the most common arcade, Tilt has two really fun games to play with friends: Maximum Midnight Tune 3, and Initial D 4. they are two anime racing games found in every Tilt arcade.
-malls have a lot of clothing stores, and I prefer to get my school shopping done at once. A one-trip to the mall would end my driving around to get all my school clothes.
-I prefer the clothing stores at malls, they tend to be cheaper than the clothing stores in downtown and I like the clothes better than the outlet stores. stores I like:
Hot Topic, Macy's, Old Navy (not in mall), DC Shoes (outlet). I also like No Fear, Foot Locker, For Your Entertainment, and Anchor Blue. Sometimes Tilly's too.

Yeah, I'm into other things, but in my spare-time I dream of some day that this county will have a regional mall. So when I'm older, I can say I came from a typical suburban city area. And I can bring my kids to that mall one day. And after college, I would move back to this county if we get a mall.

My dream is that by 2020, San Luis Obispo county will have one city with 50,000 population (a suburban community), and we have a mall. San Luis Obispo already is on it's way to 50,000 people. But, where the mall will go I don't know. Pismo Beach has land next to the Pacific Coast Plaza. As soon as Pismo fixes their water and sewer problem, some developer could buy that land and build a mall. That land costs alot of money, so I'm sure whoever buys the land will get to build what they want. And I can see the locals in the five cities liking Nordstrom and that type of upclass store thing. And the mall would have a little impact on local business in Pismo Beach since Pismo has alot of retail already.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:07 PM

Also dating at malls is fun, when your girlfriend gets you clothes and you buy her lunch. And then there are other fun games in the arcades too.

Anyways, I think Pismo Beach has some of the cleanest beaches in California. I think the city has a great downtown with mix-used housing. A bit of a parking problem, but I think it's fixable. I also think you have to have alot of money to live in this city. They just raised they taxes by a third. and the minimum income is $70,000 a year. that's high for a minimum.

Anyone care to comment on Pismo Beach? what do you think the best part of this city is?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 AM

28 posts, read 130,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Anyone care to comment on Pismo Beach? what do you think the best part of this city is?
The best part of Pismo beach is the lack of malls.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:20 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semsjm View Post
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semsjm View Post
Oh, but it has a mall....the outlet mall. Pismo Prime Outlets. which by the way will be expanded soon.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:26 PM

Okay, I got the location for the Pismo Beach development...

Los Robles Del Mar is a project on the southside annexation on Canyon Street that will include 1000 homes. The project is currently on hold until the city can build another sewage plant and the developers can find water for the houses,

Oak Marsh Street annexation also in that same area is closer to Oak Park Plaza (Osh center), and has lots of land to be developed. Originally the land was going to be built for a private school, but now it can be built into anything. If it would be built into a regional open-air mall with Macy's and Nordstrom it first need to be approved by the county planning board and then the city council. and the developers would need to put money into the street infrustrucure. which is all possible

otherwise arroyo grande is the next best location for development along the southern border.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM

31 posts, read 64,549 times
I am thinking about moving to San Luis Obispo or Pismo beach and I really don't know too much about the weather or housing. I have been living in San Diego since 73 and I do like the weather here but the traffic is getting to be a pain. I need to find a nice place to retire. Can anyone tell me a little bit about Pismo and SLO? Ray

Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
SLO is a college town. Thursday night markets are great fun. It does get hot in the summer, but the abundance of trees and the creek downtown seem to keep things relatively cooler. Pismo, being right on the ocean is almost always cooler than SLO and just down the freeway. It gets pretty crowded in summer and you'll often find the streets jammed with cars then. Off-season, it's a more pleasant town.
A weekend trip to the area will give you a good overview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California