Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 08:18 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
One more thing on top of all the other nonsense. Glad I'm leaving.
Yeah. You won’t find nonsense anywhere else you go. Lucky you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
This isn't a California bill, it's one being introduced in Congress.
Man, you just took most of the fun out of this kvetch session …

Old 02-02-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
This country is WAY too work obsessed and I would welcome some type of federal mandated allowance for PTO. Countries with high qualities of life always have considerable time off. Half of Americans don't have passports resulting in a real bubble mindset. Hard to have a wordily view when you've never been anywhere.
Absolutely …

Old 02-02-2022, 09:10 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,975,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, I'd have to disagree. After having grown up in small town USA and moving to a big city there is apparently an invisible electric fence around everyone that keeps them from leaving. It's called fear. That's fine. Most people can't afford to travel and most people don't want to. I'd hardly look down on people that don't know about a culture around the other side of the planet if they will never leave their comfortable area to visit there. Most of the US is pretty much Siloed. I'm way ok with that. Some of the most wealthy people I know are Mid-Western farmers and ranchers and they will never leave their circle of about 100 miles.

Why do they need to know about Chinese culture if they will never visit. Or, will never be around someone from France. I get it.

You seem like such a pleasant person. Why bother learning other cultures...?

Old 02-02-2022, 10:13 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
You seem like such a pleasant person. Why bother learning other cultures...?

You sound extremely tolerant of other people that don't agree with your views or your "culture".

Drive across the U.S. and you'll see how everyone else lives. Or not, no one really cares. Not everyone wants to be an Ambassador to a different Country. The only reason a lot of other Countries even tolerate Americans is for either the money or the military protection OR the possibility of getting here to live. Many of those people don't give a rat's butt about American culture, whatever is left of it, they just want the money and to live in safety. Funny how that works huh. People dying to get into the U.S.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:22 AM

Quote:
You sound extremely tolerant of other people that don't agree with your views or your "culture".

Drive across the U.S. and you'll see how everyone else lives. Or not, no one really cares. Not everyone wants to be an Ambassador to a different Country. The only reason a lot of other Countries even tolerate Americans is for either the money or the military protection OR the possibility of getting here to live. Many of those people don't give a rat's butt about American culture, whatever is left of it, they just want the money and to live in safety. Funny how that works huh. People dying to get into the U.S.
“American culture”? … That’s an oxymoron Angry. Nothing cultured about America

Old 02-03-2022, 07:29 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,975,362 times
Quote:

I've driven across the country, LA to NYC. I've been to 27 countries. I'm a first generation American. I had to *learn* what being American meant. I wasn't born with the American mindset.

I frankly don't understand why are you are always so angry on here. It's not fun interacting with you. And this will likely be my last reply to one of your posts.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:35 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
I've driven across the country, LA to NYC. I've been to 27 countries. I'm a first generation American. I had to *learn* what being American meant. I wasn't born with the American mindset.

I frankly don't understand why are you are always so angry on here. It's not fun interacting with you. And this will likely be my last reply to one of your posts.
Not everyone want's to be you, nor should they have to even try. It shouldn't be that hard to understand. 27 Countries. You sound privileged. Most people could never afford that.

I'll miss the snarky comments, wait... no I won't. You evidently didn't learn anything from these travels besides being able to bag on people that want to just live their lives here. Cause they "Aren't thinking like you".

Old 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times
I did several years of that when I was young.
4- 10 hour shifts with overtime after 8 hours and received 7 days per diem.
The 3 other days I was self employed.
Made lots of money on that gig.

Employers make more money when employees work longer days.
Employees should leverage that.
Even union contracts can be negotiated for more.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:33 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,457,065 times
This isn't that. This would be four eight-hour shifts, overtime after 32 hours. It's not about cramming more into a workday at the expense of a shorter workweek. It won't get anywhere in congress, trust me. They can't even crack the double digit minimum wage threshold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California