Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 04:36 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times

Advertisements

It's starting to feel like Oregon weather. One minute it's raining, then it's sunny for an hour, then rain again. Looking more like the motto now is, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute."

And no, 1ATP. Never shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2023, 08:35 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It's starting to feel like Oregon weather. One minute it's raining, then it's sunny for an hour, then rain again. Looking more like the motto now is, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute."

And no, 1ATP. Never shut up.
I had a cup of coffee today. Rarely touch it but now I'm wired. lol

Old 03-18-2023, 08:51 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,564 times
I feel ya taxpayer. I dont like the cold (especially rain) but these last months have worked my last nerve. My liquor store guy is always happy to see me.

So happy to ride the bike downtown in shorts and a tee shirt and saw lots of happy folks out and about. Beautiful day.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:11 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
I feel ya taxpayer. I dont like the cold (especially rain) but these last months have worked my last nerve. My liquor store guy is always happy to see me.

So happy to ride the bike downtown in shorts and a tee shirt and saw lots of happy folks out and about. Beautiful day.
Yesterday was amazing. Today? Not so much and they are talking up to 3 inches more rain by Wed.

Old 03-19-2023, 10:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Have we built any new ways to hold this sky water? I'm growing gills already. Taking my surf board to work and have to put my work clothes in a zip lock.
Thought there was a climate changed induced drought in your state ?

Old 03-19-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I know the feeling. We've had two days of sunny weather, and it's as if someone opened up a window to heaven.
Yesterday was good here, as well. Today, stormy, cold, wet ... again. I'm taking it as it is and won't complain because we've been in desperate need of rain here for the past several years.

I don't know if the abundance we've been getting will help with trees in the state or if it's too late. What we see above ground does not reflect the story of what's happening underneath. Trees in this state have been struggling and are drier than people imagine. This is why (my theory) they've been burning at an accelerated rate during a fire. They may look green and healthy but beneath the bark and inside the trunk, they're dry.

Just like any plant/shrub or other form of vegetation. When you see a plant that's wilting, a good watering might make it perk up but sometimes it's too late and the plant dies. I've lost a lot of flowering shrubs from trying to save on watering. Now I look for drought resistant plants.

Old 03-19-2023, 12:17 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,926,636 times
If only the geniuses who find billions of dollars for the low speed train to nowhere would fund reservoirs and catchment basins, we would be out of the drought forever.

Old 03-19-2023, 12:18 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,448,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yesterday was amazing. Today? Not so much and they are talking up to 3 inches more rain by Wed.

I'm ignoring this.
I may just sleep through the next half of the week.

Old 03-19-2023, 12:25 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,448,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Just like any plant/shrub or other form of vegetation. When you see a plant that's wilting, a good watering might make it perk up but sometimes it's too late and the plant dies. I've lost a lot of flowering shrubs from trying to save on watering. Now I look for drought resistant plants.

The only plants I have left in my yard that need supplemental water, are some forty-year-old hedges that are on a drip system that's set to work July-September. The rest of the time they are in Darwin mode. However with all the rain this year, they are super perky and green. I almost forgot how they can look when they get a regular soaking. This is the wettest year I can recall in a long time.

Old 03-19-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The only plants I have left in my yard that need supplemental water, are some forty-year-old hedges that are on a drip system that's set to work July-September. The rest of the time they are in Darwin mode. However with all the rain this year, they are super perky and green. I almost forgot how they can look when they get a regular soaking. This is the wettest year I can recall in a long time.
That's good This is the wettest year we've had in a very long time. The snow pack in the Sierra is the most it's seen since '82. That is something! Depending on how hot the summer is up there, we could have snow on the highest summit come this next November. I've seen that before too. I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California