Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 11:42 AM

10 posts, read 16,045 times

Advertisements

What is so funny? Did Michael Taylor laugh at Mr. Hall when he failed to find Icarus on his first try? Andwhya re you laughing at them? Orion is so impossibly well hidden it's scary, but the site has found the tree, if you are not blind, unless it is the incorrect one. We have not seen any evidence of you actually going out into a forest, but Fr has gone into forests, not sat like condensations accumulating clues and then figuring out where the location is but not visiting the place. I have a feeling that you might be one of these condensators. Mr. Vaden has fund Helios. Mr. Hall has found ICARUS AND ORION. What have you found?

Old 02-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
totallyawesometroll you have no freeness of speech in this area. You know nothing about the true damages caused and are just speaking off the top of your head while hiding behind a keyboard in a dark room probably with no friends. Mr. Vaden has extensive knowledge and is in close contact with redwood experts with degrees who are some of the most respected people in the world. When Mr. Vaden speaks, he knows what he talks about. When you speak, it's almost like a child talking.
And do you have any freeness of speech in this area?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVENG View Post
What a group of paranoid children. How many more people are you going to accuse based on rumor and hunch. I think Mario had a $10,000 open contract hit out on Yinghai/blue jeep based on nothing. He beat him in a photography contest, and that he is the only one that has skills to take photos and run a semi-decent website. Why don't you keep your gossip to yourself (or at least undocumented) until you have some proof.

The whole community is laughable right now.

BTW, I don't have any other usernames on here. I truly am someone that just saw a fact that the locations of the tallest trees in the US was a secret. Even pictures were normally not correct. An average guy that has never even been to CA. That lead me to MD Vaden's website. I had a true appreciation for his pictures and not revealing the locations of trees. I planed a vacation to the area. Earlier in the year I saw another post about the scuttlebutt with famousredwoods.com . That brought me here where my opinion of the community and particularly Mario, was flipped 180 degrees. You guys are toxic, hypocritical gossip bags.
I cannot agree more. I have never seen a more envious person than OldManWinter. Can't find anything and is overbooking because FR has found Orion.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:48 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,032,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-1977 View Post
I cannot agree more, TATS. Scientism is egoistic, keeping all the great finds to themselves and never letting anyone find anything. And imagine how upset they will be when someone posts a selfie next to the trunk of Icarus on instagram? However, they also make a fair point: these trees will be damaged if you do not act carefully, and I respect that. It think that these trees should keep hidden, but one website to give away the creek at least. It is a big if if they can find the tree. Trampled vegetation is a minuscule problem, but redwood thunder is not.
Trampled vegetation is the most some people might notice if they even notice at all, and to some it's more an aesthetic thing. But missing vegetation marks areas of soil compaction and 99% of visitors know little to nothing about compaction, soils and trees. It's apparent that you have an interest, although new readers here may be at a disadvantage to decipher posts after years of posts. Some comments you read or replied to are crystal clear. But people posted here as a situation evolved over time and these days people won't know exactly why they said or wrote everything. One thing that was interesting to learn about Sillett, Taylor, Van Pelt or Atkins, was they never kept anyone from finding stuff. That's impossible in a park open to everybody. I proved this when I hardly even knew who they were and found a bunch of noteworthy redwoods on my own just exploring. There probably was no need for any extra sites or books. An article by Tom Clynes already gave a big clue that anyone caring to look would be led to find the tallest in a few visits. He was specific enough about creeks and landmarks. Van Pelt already described where Grove of Titans was in his book back around 2002. Preston virtually handed the location on silver platter if folks simply read what he wrote in The Wild Trees, Grassy glade where creek exits the forest on south side of the park.

Noticed your post on a blog recently in regard to FRs. At a very large and tall redwoods blog.After your post, a couple more comments appeared about the old landmarktrees.net website that left the internet maybe a year ago. FWIW, I generally don't do friend requests on city data because I don't use the forum much at all, and this thread is becoming history. I do post a lot on arborist forums, Instagram, etc..

Last edited by mdvaden; 02-06-2017 at 08:01 PM..

Old 04-22-2017, 01:23 PM

75 posts, read 97,282 times
Actually, FR has done a bad thing posting the location information, TK. The hike to Hyperion is extremely dangerous- especially at this time of year, and a fatality is possible on the way there. That is why FR is a fool for publishing the location.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:09 PM

75 posts, read 97,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John D Harvey View Post
As for Hyperion, I hope it always stays a hard to find tree that only certain dedicated explorers ever make it to. Its one of the features that has given this tree such allure and mystery. There are so many titans that are so close to the beaten path and have retained their health because the masses have not trampled them under foot.
Has anyone ever seen the movie Apocolypto? There is a scene where the natives come out on the beach to see the Spanish ships come aground and there is a feeling that comes over you that things will never be the same...

Its an extreme example but in a similar sense I feel that the day is near where there will be no more secret trees and all od the hidden beauties will resemble the Kalaloch Cedar or Stout Tree.
I hope so as well. Otherwise the area will get smashed up like the grove of titans. It will soon happen to Hyperion because of a website. I seriously hope it doesn't happen to Helios. If i ever find it, I will never tell where it is. The book by Preston and the megalodon tooth mark is enough.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqmhelios View Post
I seriously hope it doesn't happen to Helios. If i ever find it, I will never tell where it is. The book by Preston and the megalodon tooth mark is enough.
Thanks for expressing your thoughts. I don't write much more about this at the moment, but take note that the people who leaked may be on the brink of being known through a sort of "reverse engineering". There are known traits and timing that don't fit just anybody. And the leakers are so accustomed themselves from their own inside, that they probably don't realize that it manifests itself like fingerprint on the outward surface. That's why I told a couple of very interested people that the veil is so thin, the remaining layer to "peel" away is so thin, it almost shows movement from within.

Oddly, I am one of the very few that fit the profile, understanding website code, photography exposure, and fairly good with redwood clues. But, scratch me off the list.

One more layer of peel just got peeled-away recently. The site you referred to has managed name content in a unique fashion over the months that makes the final layer that hasn't peeled-away almost translucent. The reason FRs doesn't realize it, is because most people are so used to themselves, they forget how unique they are from the outside looking inward. And for this reason, they didn't sterilize every bit of themselves from what they've been working on. I will leave it at that for now, to spare naming who is working to dissolve the final layer.

Personally, I think someone would easily lie to cover for themselves in this matter. So affirmations or denials really mean little. What matters is facts and knowing people face to face. And going back to what I wrote, if I hadn't been consistent for about 8 years protecting locations, people would probably assume it was me !! And more relevant than that, is people met me face to face over the 8 years and know on a personal level my thoughts on this stuff.

Last edited by mdvaden; 05-05-2017 at 12:33 PM..

Old 05-05-2017, 01:26 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqmhelios View Post
Actually, FR has done a bad thing posting the location information, TK. The hike to Hyperion is extremely dangerous- especially at this time of year, and a fatality is possible on the way there. That is why FR is a fool for publishing the location.
Is it because of the creek/water levels that you say that? I've never been on this route, just curious. I would only visit in the dry season anyway.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Is it because of the creek/water levels that you say that? I've never been on this route, just curious. I would only visit in the dry season anyway.
That's probably what he means. People have been injured already on these searches and equipment damaged. The leakers have caused enough problems now, that word of mouth and emails, they are becoming known at F-Inc or "FUBAR Incorporated"

Anyone injured may have a valid legal case. Screen captures could even neutralize updates or disclaimers, because what's been said has been said. F-Inc defined a "hike" all the way to the tree. They said people "must" go over logs and "must" wade. The word "must" denotes necessity and obligatory. Courts determine outcomes. But it's likely people could file a case.

Last edited by mdvaden; 05-28-2017 at 09:13 AM..

Old 05-28-2017, 01:00 PM

87 posts, read 164,353 times
Yeah in my opinion they should really consider taking down some of the off trail directions, as they are not hikes but rather bushwhacks through difficult terrain. Not so much as to clear legal liability, but as a moral decision. Why send people way up creeks or all over hillsides looking for certain trees, inevitably someone will have a problem out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California