Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,478 times

Advertisements

I may have to relocate there due to work. I would love some feedback on the city, besides the jacked housing market.

Is it safe (I have a 2 yr old)? Any cool churches? Weather?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 05:01 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
The weather is bad there, smoggy and hot they have a decent amount of crime. They have alot of car thefts and gang related shootings. Not to mention the location, a good 1 plus hour drive from the Bay Area , with no traffic. With traffic add an hour.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:26 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Perhaps you should do more than just drive through Stockton sometime CB.

There are some very nice parts of Stockton. The area around UOP is nice and the areas west of that near I-5 and on the west of the freeway are also very nice. I've been to a couple of weddings at the UOP chapel which seems like a nice building.

There's some serious ugly in Stockton, no doubt, but it's not anywhere near as bad as most people paint it. Well Charter Way and Wilson way can't be painted too brightly

The weather can be hot in summer and foggy in winter, but it isn't much different than any other valley town. They sometimes get the delta breeze in the evenings which helps.
There have been lots of posts similar to yours on these pages check out the search feature for a list of them.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
My nephew went to college out there. I can tell you i've been there plenty of times and it sucks. But that's one persons opinion.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:32 AM

378 posts, read 626,464 times
Stockton is okay, at best. There's some things you'll experience there that'll seriously make you think twice about our government, but as long as you stay on the North side these feelings would be thwarted for the most part. There's no getting around the fact you'll notice Stockton is bad. Try to relocate to the nicer communities surrounding Stockton if you can.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:40 PM

46 posts, read 152,029 times
DMenscha, I unfortunately, do more than drive just through Stockton. I go to work there every day and we have more than a few friends there. While Stockton does have some decent neighborhoods and its proximity to both S.F. and the Sierras are big pluses there are way too many negatives. If I had to describe Stktn. in one word, that word would be BLEAK. I saw on MSN recently, a list of the most miserable cities US cities to live in, Detroit was #1 Stktn. #2. We live about 10 minutes from Stktn. and would rather drive 45 mins. to Sacramento than go to the mall in Stktn.. So Bballer my advice to you would be to avoid this city if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California