Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,986 times

Advertisements

A former New Yorker moves to Tampa, FL to be closer to my family but I am bored to tears! Now contemplating going back to nyc or better yet.. California!!! I am a city girl at heart so I'm wondering which of the 3 places in Cali suit me best? L.A. or the O.C. or San Diego? In a perfect world my next home will have a fantastic view of the sunset, fun witty people that have extroadinarily different views on life, politics, the baseball game last night, or the best route to work. Home #24 must also be close to nightlife/entertainment/high-end restaurants (and *very* cute available men.. sorry! had to throw that in there). I'm a 33 y.o. single girl who adores families but not up for living in the burbs just yet. I have extensively travelled all over the globe, lived in Spain, and wholly embraces diversity and culture. I'm in the real estate business on the Commercial/Business Brokerage side. Can someone please tell me what would be the best fit for me? I plan on moving before the end of summer!!!!

Last edited by LipstickandWit; 05-14-2007 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: title needs to be more clear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 02:19 AM

642 posts, read 3,073,179 times
LA specifically on the westside or maybe hollywood area. I think you will find many others just like yourself here with the exception of varied views on politics it is generally all extreme libs/ or just libs here in LA--the more conservative get jumped on for expressing their views and generally quickly dumped professionally or personally--too high a price. But otherwise I think you will find that excitement in Santa Monica.

I lived in San Diego and even though it is wonderful and gorgeous it bored me to tears. San Diego is laid back compared to LA and the O.C. There is a hip revitilization of downtown SD now though for the younger more high income, attractive crowd and you may find your beautiful man there. You may also find him in the O.C., if you like to stay in shape yourself. I think you should check out downtown SD to see if there is a pulse , but first SM, then the Newport coast (which I am unfamiliar with--others?).

You will find a very well traveled group here in LA and much conversation about traffic . Oh and plenty of hottie men, some of the hottest . . . models, actors, wealthy trust fund, or just honest (or dishonest) accomplished business men or a regular guy who doesn't care that he is not the former.

Overall though S. Californians may not be as intellectually stimulating as New Yorkers, I won't go into why or even judgement on this. This is just what I have found (the thinking group may all be here on this web site instead of out socializing, maybe this is where they are hiding :-)!. But the positive end of that is people are too busy enjoying the benefits of this town to actually think--LOL. But be prepared there. The energy in my opinion is in LA and for you with the sunsets . . . the westside of LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickandWit View Post
A former New Yorker moves to Tampa, FL to be closer to my family but I am bored to tears! Now contemplating going back to nyc or better yet.. California!!! I am a city girl at heart so I'm wondering which of the 3 places in Cali suit me best? L.A. or the O.C. or San Diego? In a perfect world my next home will have a fantastic view of the sunset, fun witty people that have extroadinarily different views on life, politics, the baseball game last night, or the best route to work. Home #24 must also be close to nightlife/entertainment/high-end restaurants (and *very* cute available men.. sorry! had to throw that in there). I'm a 33 y.o. single girl who adores families but not up for living in the burbs just yet. I have extensively travelled all over the globe, lived in Spain, and wholly embraces diversity and culture. I'm in the real estate business on the Commercial/Business Brokerage side. Can someone please tell me what would be the best fit for me? I plan on moving before the end of summer!!!!

Last edited by fairweathergolfer; 05-15-2007 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California