Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:32 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,057,202 times

Advertisements

We had a high population of asian pacific islanders at my alma mater - Loyola Marymount University in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
I heard East Palo Alto has a sizeable Samoan population.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:56 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I heard East Palo Alto has a sizeable Samoan population.
Most people confuse Tongans as Samoans since we look basically the same.

EPA definitely has more Tongans than Samoans. Several times more in fact.

As far as the Bay, most Polys would say that The Peninsula has more Tongans, but the City itself has more Samoans. San Jose has many of both and in the East Bay, There are definitely more Tongans than Samoans in Oakland(like 20 to 1), Pittsburg, Antioch, Concord and Richmond but from San Leandro to Fremont its pretty even I think.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im Polynesian and there used to be this dance club/bar I think in Torrance owned by an former NFL player(Samoan) and it was a hot spot for Polys on the weekends...gosh. Forgot the name but I used to go there sometimes with my cousins and it was fun I guess.
So much fun you can`t remember it`s name or where it was,sounds like my kind of place.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 AM

12 posts, read 82,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Most people confuse Tongans as Samoans since we look basically the same.

EPA definitely has more Tongans than Samoans. Several times more in fact.

As far as the Bay, most Polys would say that The Peninsula has more Tongans, but the City itself has more Samoans. San Jose has many of both and in the East Bay, There are definitely more Tongans than Samoans in Oakland(like 20 to 1), Pittsburg, Antioch, Concord and Richmond but from San Leandro to Fremont its pretty even I think.
Can you please tell me the difference. I have heard the same thing as well. I have never gone out with a Samoan or Tongan, not that I would know the difference unless someone told me, but I hear they both are very loyal, loving and family oriented. Who wouldn't want to meet people like that. Oh, and the fact that they are genetically gorgeous doesn't hurt either.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
So much fun you can`t remember it`s name or where it was,sounds like my kind of place.
I just burst out laughing on that one!! You are hilarious!!!! NO one is funnier then me. except maybe you. Well, that one time anyway. God, that was a killer. Smart mouth!!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaono View Post
I am looking for a single Samona man to date. I like big guys that look tough, but are kind at heart. I am in Orange County most of the time. I have been looking for festivals or group gatherings but I have been lost in my search. Any guidance?
I am begging you to let me know if you find out where any are. They are almost impossible to find. I am in South OC and I actually saw one last night going into a restaurant right by my place. I live in more of an upscale neighborhood and so there are a lot of restaurants and people walking around. Ok, yes, he was with his wife and son but he was a big one. Handsome in fact. He is off the market obviously but where there is smoke.... he must have some relatives you know. I can't get any of my gf's to go out to any places like this with me. They only like white Irish men. To each his own. Can't find any on a dating site either. I have to find a partner to go out with to some of these places and find out some hot spots for them. Let me know if you find any. I'll do the same.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Oceanside has the largest Samoan population outside of Samoa. Go there and ye shall find!
Are you serious? Is that where they are? Good to know.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I was going to suggest for her to check with any local college football team. The 300 lb linemen are mostly Samoan. Stop by any practice field and ask them where to hang out...
SAMOAN SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH, 951-371-8127 ... Magnolia AveCorona
Here's a start.... Good people
How do you know that? Have you gone to that church? Are the messages good? I'll check it out.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer619 View Post
Lady, this is not the place to be asking this question.
Why not? I'm asking the exact same same question. Is it something that offends you? It wasn't meant to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County