Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 PM

364 posts, read 611,066 times

Advertisements

California is now going to regulate how much energy your flat screen TV can use. Prices will go up and some larger models will no longer be available in CA. This comes on the heels of California's attempt to ban the sale of black cars. That black car rule has been posponed for five years.

In the midst of a terrible economic crisis this is how our officials spend their time? And why the big push to reduce electricity use anyway? Global warming is the answer. An unproven notion that some scientists have voted to be true is going to run more and more of our lives. Think about it. Is there anything that you do that does not involve using energy? Reading this does. The politicans and fruitcakes will soon control every facet of our lives as they tax and regulate energy use.

If California is so worried about climate disaster how about softening their objection to nuclear power? The fruitcakes who come up with these silly rules seem to love everything about Europe. Then why not follow Europe's lead on nuclear energy? France gets 70% of their electricity from clean, non-poluting nuclear energy. But if nuclear energy was plentiful there would be no place for the scientists, environmentalists and politicans who stand to gain from energy shortages and climate scares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
What next? More of the same and it will only get worse (if that's possible) after the 2010 election. Repressive taxes, over-regulation, pandering to special interests, picking their constituents' pockets and nanny government are what the Legislature is all about -- all the reasons my wife and I, two native Californians, are out of here, permanently, by July.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
California is now going to regulate how much energy your flat screen TV can use. Prices will go up and some larger models will no longer be available in CA. This comes on the heels of California's attempt to ban the sale of black cars. That black car rule has been posponed for five years.

In the midst of a terrible economic crisis this is how our officials spend their time? And why the big push to reduce electricity use anyway? Global warming is the answer. An unproven notion that some scientists have voted to be true is going to run more and more of our lives. Think about it. Is there anything that you do that does not involve using energy? Reading this does. The politicans and fruitcakes will soon control every facet of our lives as they tax and regulate energy use.

If California is so worried about climate disaster how about softening their objection to nuclear power? The fruitcakes who come up with these silly rules seem to love everything about Europe. Then why not follow Europe's lead on nuclear energy? France gets 70% of their electricity from clean, non-poluting nuclear energy. But if nuclear energy was plentiful there would be no place for the scientists, environmentalists and politicans who stand to gain from energy shortages and climate scares.
You are a victim of a hoax...!! These things are not happening..... Just net rumors...

Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 PM

It is not a hoax. A simple google would have given you the link. Here it is:

Flat-screen TVs to face energy efficiency rules in California - Los Angeles Times

The black car paint ban is true also. The only hoax involved is that of the California politicans getting away with this idiocy. Perhaps you could take a minute to get your facts before you look foolish.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
I have no problem with increasing energy efficiency and building more nuclear reactors...

Old 04-18-2009, 08:36 AM

If Sony builds an energy efficient flat screen that's good. Maybe I'll buy it if I like the picture the sound and I decide that the energy savings is enough to warrrant the higher price. But that's not the way the fruitcake politicians in California want to do things. They are going to make it illegal for you to buy anything else but the energy efficient TV.

This insidious nonsense is going to spread to all facets of our lives. Every product will be measured for energy efficiency and whether you like it or not you will be forced to buy the energy efficient product or do without. What's next? Will these lawmakers who have screwed up California so famously start to mandate my style of living for the sake of global warming? Will my 3000 square foot home become illegal because it uses too much energy? Then what? Can anything be beyond their control? What if I want to live 20 miles from my job? Will they make that illegal as I'm wasting energy?

Wake up. Perhaps you are not the target of these fruitcakes today. But you will become their target tomorrow.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
What's next is T-shirts as a form of freedom of speach.

California lawmaker wants to curb sales of slain troops' images - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1789968.html - broken link)

Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
In the midst of a terrible economic crisis this is how our officials spend their time?
The explanation is simple. If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem in terms of nails.

If you're a politician in government you tend to see every problem as something that needs a law or rule or ordinance. They think they are doing a good job by giving us more laws.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:20 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,072,757 times
What else? The legislature is busy introducing lots that they think is going to improve our lives.

How about regulating lead wheel weights? "This bill would prohibit the manufacture, sale, or installation in California of wheel weights that contain more than 0.1% lead."
SB 757 Senate Bill - INTRODUCED

Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
What else? The legislature is busy introducing lots that they think is going to improve our lives.
The California legislature has improved my life so much in the last few decades that I'm going to have to move out of state to escape being improved anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California