Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 AM

615 posts, read 856,523 times

Advertisements

With the exception of Summer, California has good weather. I don't consider California having "year-round weather" anymore, because as you've probably noticed last year we had a major heat wave that lasted even through Fall!

I don't really LOVE anything about California, but there are things I like, for instance, San Diego is a very beautiful city, and so is Santa Barbara. The atmosphere is just so very different from L.A. (where I live) and I can just take a 2-3 hour drive to get away from it. I love to escape to these places when I've had enough of Los Angeles for a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 01:50 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Holla wrote:
Quote:
The atmosphere is just so very different from L.A
No offense, but what is`nt different from L.A.?

I agree that California is`nt anything like it use to be. Climate, atmosphere, terrain, or attitudes.
I remember when San Diego was and looked like a "sailors" haven instead of a tourist attraction like it is now.
Don`t get me wrong, it is beautiful, but I guess I`m alittle old fashion.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:10 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,876,072 times
I like the Diversity in practically every category that California Offers.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 AM

14 posts, read 49,487 times
Because it has a diversity of people, scenery, weather, and lifestyles. It is a true BLUE state where people still think and have a global view. The rednecks are fleeing to places like Idaho because they can't stand latin people. I am a native and though the explosive growth means more crowds etc., it has also made for a vibrant economy that allows me to work as little as possible and enjoy life as much as possible. I think Washington, Oregon, and California are the best this country has to offer.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:44 AM

10,408 posts, read 2,597,589 times
Southern California native here.. I love it. I love practically everything about it.

-weather is #1
-laid back attitudes
-beaches, mountains & deserts all closeby
-varieties of restaurants
-lots of entertainment within an easy drive
-lots of shopping
-lovely places to stroll & enjoy the outdoors
-gorgeous coastline
-economy is pretty strong
-lots of opportunities for people of all races, educational status & personalities to make something of their lives

It is a great place to live!

Old 04-23-2007, 07:40 PM

68 posts, read 310,062 times
I love the weather, the beautiful women and all the things there are to do in California. That is about it.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
A more fair way to put it is:

California`s not for everyone
There are plenty of things I like about it.
I just don`t have the qualifactions for somethings, and somethings don`t have the qualifications for me.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 PM

77 posts, read 480,925 times
I would actually like to hear from a family with children or a single parent that thinks that California is still a great place.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
We have children and we think California is still a great place. I guess you must have either pulled or edited your original post about those of us living in CA either living with our parents or mooching off a rich spouse. I am neither living with my parents or mooching off my spouse. Believe it or not, I actually went to college and grad school and make my own money!!! Oh, and the kids and spouse - they LOVE California!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM

662 posts, read 1,282,259 times
Weather-even though this seems frivolous, you cannot believe how depressing it is to live in a place that doesn't believe in the existence of the sun. It has a huge affect on your daily disposition.

The diverse geography-everything is here. Lakes, Oceans, desert, forests, waterfalls, grasslands, mountains etc..

Markets-The produce tends to be fresher in California, supermarkets tend to be much grander with more variety. You also have so many choices in markets such as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Henry's, Gelsons, Bristol Farms, in addition to the corporate supermarkets.

Economy-the job opportunities here are endless. It's the embodiment of the American Dream.

Cities-the state has the most desirable areas to live and enjoy. LA,SF, San Diego, Orange County, Napa, Santa Barbara, even Las Vegas is just a couple hours away from LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California