Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The first felony he committed occurred in 1987. Perhaps when enforcing the Three Strikes law, the prosecutor/judge can only count the felony convictions that occur after the date of enactment (1994)?

I'm guessing.
you are probably right, I didn't think of that.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
Meanwhile a woman in Massachusetts cut a baby out of a pregnant woman, killing the mom and fleeing with the fetus. This is just another sly attempt to bash California.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
This is so sad and happens way to much through out the US
Parents, it's so important to have a code word set up with your kids so you KNOW they are in trouble if they call like Lily did with some dubious request

Prayers for family...rip Lily

Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 PM

804 posts, read 2,402,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Actually violent crime in the city of angels has gone down. I havent been in L.A. in over 6 yrs. Lets keep it that way. The ONLY reason i now would to go to los angeles is if they got a NFL team & hosted the steelers. I did once go to the then L.A.Rams/Pittsburgh Steelers game in the late 70,s. Rams won...ugh!
Well a lot of things have changed in LA you should check it out.

anyway I hope the guy that did this gets the chair.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
The killer (charlie samual) has been & in & out of jail over 10 times in a 30 yr period. He had 3 felonies but only one counted towards the 3 strike law. (home invasion robbery). What a damn low life. Once again the state of ca has dropped the ball...IDIOTS!!!! Lily burks mom was or still is a attorney advocate for the homeless (Im not sure if she still is).

Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
I am sorry, eagle, about your sister. We had a similar situation in our family. You never really get over it.

This thread isnt about bashing California or racist or anything like that. A person has lost a loved one to violent crime and they see a similar situation and they react......thats all.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am sorry, eagle, about your sister. We had a similar situation in our family. You never really get over it.

This thread isnt about bashing California or racist or anything like that. A person has lost a loved one to violent crime and they see a similar situation and they react......thats all.
So true. You know first hand what the family is going through. This was a useless uncalled for murder. You never get closure & people that say "i know how you feel" even though they never had a family member murdered annoys me. Maybe they think they are just being nice but they shouldnt say things they know nothing about. The day i found out my sister was killed is still fresh in my mind. I have a webpage all about it. The distict attorney asked me to disable it until the trial ends. Anyways...sorry for your loss.

Last edited by steel7; 07-30-2009 at 08:00 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
This is sad. The low life who murdered this innocent, pretty, 17 yr old girl (lily burk) should be executed as should all murderers. I know exactly what her family is going through & it will be awhile until this murder case goes to trial (unless he plea bargains). The murdering scum brutally beat her up, smashed her head into the car windshield & slit her throat. I sure hope the court system treats lily burks family better then they have treated my family in the past 6.4 yrs since my sister was brutally murdered as well. Read what happened to lily. May she RIP! Girl, 17, found slain in car near downtown L.A. - Los Angeles Times
17 - Volvo - Credit Card - mother attorney.

Young girl of means, attracts the "wrong kind of attention" ALONE IN LOS ANGELES?

17 AND DRIVING ALONE IN LOS ANGELES?

Were her parents insane?

I'm very sorry that this happened, but my gosh, you have to take precautions in a big, nasty city like LA. If I had a girl child (and i don't thank goodness), I would never, never in a million years let her drive alone in that city. You are practically asking for something terrible to happen.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wonder if there is a story behind the story, regardless, our prayers go out to her and her family. I will agree with City Boy, murders happen daily in every metro city. Even here in our little community we have a few each year. I am not quite sure why Eagle started this thread??

Nita
Yep, we've had tons of savage murders here in hickville usa as well. People are flawed (some plain evil) wherever you go. I have always found it weird though how you can live in a place with such great weather and beautiful scenery and have the mind of a killer. I can understand going crazy in winter when your stuck indoors for months on end here in the abyss, but if I was living in CA I think I'd be thankful for just being able to live there, no way I could be a killer there or anywhere. Leave people alone.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
17 - Volvo - Credit Card - mother attorney.

Young girl of means, attracts the "wrong kind of attention" ALONE IN LOS ANGELES?

17 AND DRIVING ALONE IN LOS ANGELES?

Were her parents insane?

I'm very sorry that this happened, but my gosh, you have to take precautions in a big, nasty city like LA. If I had a girl child (and i don't thank goodness), I would never, never in a million years let her drive alone in that city. You are practically asking for something terrible to happen.

20yrsinBranson
So in Missouri there's no murders? Come on. We have kids murdered here from time to time and just had two bruthas shot in the head saturday night at an apt complex (Indiana). To act as though LA is some monster city is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California