Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times

Advertisements

I have a car I will sell you. It looks like other cars you may have seen. Since you have seen other cars, it should not be a problem. This car does have 4 wheels, an engine, a couple doors, and many other usefull parts.

What you can do is chalk this up to a life experience. You signed a lease. It doesn't sound like the apartment complex management is the most ethical. You could see if they have bosses over them. Either this is just the local management or you may luck out and have someone with an ethical attitude that will help you out. Taking them to court doesnt hurt either. If you can prove that they sold you a lemon when you really wanted a peach.

I am assuming that the lease is for one year? The year will go by fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,770,497 times
The irony is that this guy will likely suffer greater repercussions if he reneges on his lease than the millions of deadbeats who have walked away from their mortgages over the past few years.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 PM

314 posts, read 936,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
My feeling is this is not a legal residence. It sounds like they are in violation of fire and safety codes. I would tell the landlord you want to be moved into another residence asap as you feel the loft is not up to code and there are safety issues (ventilation and fire safety). If they refuse to move you or you want out of the lease, I would call the Department of Building and Safety in Sacramento and ask them if these are code violations, or your local housing authority. Let them deal with the landlord. But be prepared to move immediately because you will not be allowed to live there if this is an illegal residence.

Be sure and make all request/demands in writing and send the letter via U.S. mail certified with proof of delivery. Also, take pictures of everything in the loft right now for future proof in case this goes in front of a judge. Do everything in writing at this point and send as above, or at least take notes with date, time, etc. You need to protect yourself in case things go bad.

Personally, you should probably move. I can't imagine having a good relationship with this landlord once you start this process.
I agree with you if there is no windows in the bedroom this is possibly an illegal rental.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 PM

142 posts, read 471,739 times
OP.. what happened to you? I hate when someone posts a problem on here and then never comes back to tell us what happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: