Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Do you guys/gals get tired of people from all over the US moving to or wanting to move to your state? Every day there are threads about people wanting to move to the state and so on and so on.

I'm asking because California is the only state really that has people from all over wanting to come and live(sure other states in the US have that, but California is the main state you really hear about having thousands come each year). I think by 2020 California is supposed to have 50 million people in the state(I read that somewhere). Most people don't live in a state where countless people flock to, so I'm just kind of wondering what you native people in California think.

So yeah, just wondering if it gets old living in a place that keeps growing with people year after year. Anyone have anything to say?

**Not bashing anyone moving to the state or wanting to move to the state. Just simply asking what someone from California thinks about it.***
I don't care. It doesn't bother me in the least. What DOES bother me is how PC we in the US have become. We are so PC that it's destroying our country, and everybody is too PC to speak up and take a stand against the things that are destroying this once great country. But as far as people moving here from other states, that does not bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 12:26 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Diversity is fine. What's not fine is diversity without adaptation.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:29 PM

212 posts, read 476,031 times
California, the land of Gold... and social services...

I would propose that California is relatively young, and starting with the gold rush it grew explosively, becoming the state to "make your future" in. It's gestalt was and is growth and innovation.

To do this, it was unbridled, uncontrolled, unregulated, uncivilized...

The trouble is, this state now has strong "social services"... These have gradually grown, like a cancer. Like public employee service unions... Like strong environmental laws... Like governmental control and regulation...

These entities are marginally noticed in a growing economy... but when an economy slows, the price of these entities retard potential rebound.

Soooo many people coming to my native state, GREAT!!! More potential growth, innovation, and wealth.

Soooo many people coming to California, expecting "social services", unable to pay for them, retarding growth, innovation, and wealth...

...not so great.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:52 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't care. It doesn't bother me in the least. What DOES bother me is how PC we in the US have become. We are so PC that it's destroying our country, and everybody is too PC to speak up and take a stand against the things that are destroying this once great country. But as far as people moving here from other states, that does not bother me.
As a political analyst my worst call ever. I said it would never last because the "people" were smarter than that. I was wrong. They weren't and aren't. "Right think" and "Right speak" started long before Orwell's book, 1984.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 08-27-2010 at 03:43 PM..

Old 08-27-2010, 03:23 PM

514 posts, read 686,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes
Tell me, what is PC to you?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:37 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
I don't care if people from other states move here, I think it's a good thing actually.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 PM

92 posts, read 189,861 times
I can't wait to get the heck out. As a native it's been heartbreaking to watch this state destroy itself. I can't take it anymore.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
Tell me, what is PC to you?
When people don't speak up for what they TRULY believe in. When they spew out the garbage the media and society has told them it's okay to spew out, and suppress the things they really believe in. Everyone's so afraid to say anything that might offend somebody else - even if they are just bursting at the seams to say it. This is the downfall of our nation. You have to stand up for what you truly believe in. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. I don't want to veer off topic, so that's it for now.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:41 AM
R66

145 posts, read 419,735 times
I am not politically correct ... in fact I welcome and look forward to highly heated verbal debates.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:48 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Diversity is fine. What's not fine is diversity without adaptation.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California