Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:17 AM

434 posts, read 1,106,409 times

Advertisements

You think Alb is to hot?? What part of Cali do you live in?

Quote:
As I said everyone has different goals/priorities/likes/dislikes. If NM is a good fit for you and your family then thats great. The key is to realistically look at the pros/cons vs. glossing over the cons of an area while looking at those big, newer homes through rose colored glasses.
Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
You think Alb is to hot?? What part of Cali do you live in?
Yep, I can't stand the heat and that much sun. Thats why I could never line in the SW. I would take clouds, cool and green over hot, dry and dusty every time.

I am living in Monterey where the average temp varies between 60-70 all year. Anything above 90 and I dying and once it over 100 forget it I'm cooked! And I love the outdoors too much to stay indoors all day when it gets that hot. But I would consider living in the PNW at some point. Different strokes...

Derek

Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 AM

1,687 posts, read 6,073,729 times
Quote:
The average is around 105-106 but yes It does get very hot. They were looking in Queen Creek which is 3-4 degrees cooler.
The people I know looking to get out of Arizona are in Queen Creek.

Their complaint is that it does not cool down enough at night for their preference until after midnight or so. They tell me (I haven't checked myself) even at midnight it will be over 90 degrees in the summer.

So they feel stuck inside all day from June until October except when they quickly move between a car and an air conditioned building.

Its all just personal choice, I don't mind heat as long as it sees breaks in the highs after a few days and that the evenings cool down. So Arizona wouldn't work for me.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM

1,687 posts, read 6,073,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yep, I can't stand the heat and that much sun. Thats why I could never line in the SW. I would take clouds, cool and green over hot, dry and dusty every time.

I am living in Monterey where the average temp varies between 60-70 all year.
Funny thing is my wife grew up near Monterey and always found the area weather too cold for her tastes. So she left the area a few years after high school for warmer climes.

As you say, different strokes.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 PM

I don't understand how the average income in Monterey is under 60k but the average home is well over 500,000..

AZ is very hot, and it looks like there isn't to many nice areas in CA under $325,000 over 2900 sq. ft.
NM is looking pretty good, not as nice as Cali though
Anymore suggestions for Cali???

Old 09-10-2009, 01:11 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Prunedale is a cooler area, Very odd! And well over $325,000 for a house.

Howdy Jayely;

My brother told me my niece recently bought a foreclosure home with 5 acres for close to 90k. It's close to Landers,CA by the Yucca Valley. He said the home has been empty for a couple years & needs some work done. It has a pool that needs work. etc

I've never been there.Landers Foreclosures for Sale - CA | Homes.com

www.google.com that area for more listings.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Funny thing is my wife grew up near Monterey and always found the area weather too cold for her tastes. So she left the area a few years after high school for warmer climes.

As you say, different strokes.

We lived in the Monterey area for over five lustrums. We loved the fishin', booniedockin' camping in CA...

Our dream was to live out in the country forest with a basspond.
We searched for years on vacations.

We finally found our place. Out in the country, a forested mountain with a basspond, artesian springs, & a year round creek...

We've loved living here for over four lustrums...

Here in Gods Country.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
We lived in the Monterey area for over five lustrums. We loved the fishin', booniedockin' camping in CA...

Our dream was to live out in the country forest with a basspond.
We searched for years on vacations.

We finally found our place. Out in the country, a forested mountain with a basspond, artesian springs, & a year round creek...

We've loved living here for over four lustrums...

Here in Gods Country.

So your location says west of Wolf Creek, Oregon. Thats some nice country out there thats for sure!

Derek

Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 PM

How about Lancaster or Palmdale??

Old 09-10-2009, 02:34 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,342 times
Quote:
how about lancaster or palmdale??
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California