Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 PM

276 posts, read 747,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroPlumber View Post
I was really happy in CA until I got my pay cut 15% by the state and now it's not so much fun anymore. I really like the weather and all that there is to do, but it's no fun when you have to try and make it through the month and figure out how to buy groceries the last week before payday.

Stuff happens that can change your joy to not so joyful overnight. Sometimes it's money, sometimes it's health issues. Sometimes the problems can't be solved by packing it up and moving to another state, especially in this economy.
Your situation is an unfortunate one. And I'm sure there are many others experiencing similar. I'm not in your state but I have hit some very hard times too, so I understand. I want to leave where I am yet...I am stuck! Oh well, I keep dreaming as most of us do for better times and the ability to see opportunity when it presents itself.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 PM

185 posts, read 399,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaa View Post
Your situation is an unfortunate one. And I'm sure there are many others experiencing similar. I'm not in your state but I have hit some very hard times too, so I understand. I want to leave where I am yet...I am stuck! Oh well, I keep dreaming as most of us do for better times and the ability to see opportunity when it presents itself.
If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in? Just curious!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimebanjo View Post
Yeah..I said northern CA wasn't too much liberal...I live in San Diego and trust me it's far from anything conservative or anything rural that's worth while. If you like being an American while being a minority at the same time then cool. If you enjoy illegal mexicans over crowding our prisons while taking majority of the jobs then cool. Also some cannot just fill up their gas tank anytime and except to make it half way across America without experiencing some financial problems. I'm 18 years old, but I think you need to grow up and stop acting like you're superior to everyone else that has their own opinions...
You have every right to speak your mind and express yourself. I noticed that there are two people in the forums who keep showing up and they never have any positive contribution, no valuable feedback to contribute to any discussion. No sensitivity or regard to the expression of others but...I guess that's just another fact of life we have to deal with!

Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
I have every confidence that when the opportunity arrives, you'll know and take advantage of it. And by all means, keep dreaming. Hope is a comforting thing.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I have every confidence that when the opportunity arrives, you'll know and take advantage of it. And by all means, keep dreaming. Hope is a comforting thing.
Thanks

Old 01-25-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimebanjo View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in? Just curious!
I'm in the cold north!Where your body stiffens with the snow on the ground turning to ice!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
California is struggling... but many of us are in denial. Still, there is a malaise permeating the culture that I have not seen before.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:48 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
A lot of people in CA are happy in their personal lives, they are just not happy with the state of CA right now with what is going on. You just gotta put up with more crap living here than you would a lot of other places, which wears on some people obviously. But what are a lot of us suppose to do? Pack up and leave? That's only being part of the problem imo but obviously some people have to do what they gotta do. I honestly do not know any people that are so unhappy they want to leave Ca, and that goes for my friends and family in the Bay Area and my friends and co-workers here in San Diego.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Is anyone in California Happy? I mean really and truly happy...happy and content, satisfied with what they have!
Yes - ME!!! k:

Old 01-26-2010, 12:43 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
A lot of people in CA are happy in their personal lives, they are just not happy with the state of CA right now with what is going on. You just gotta put up with more crap living here than you would a lot of other places, which wears on some people obviously. But what are a lot of us suppose to do? Pack up and leave? That's only being part of the problem imo but obviously some people have to do what they gotta do. I honestly do not know any people that are so unhappy they want to leave Ca, and that goes for my friends and family in the Bay Area and my friends and co-workers here in San Diego.
Well, I have to give you a few rep points for this Am I truly happy AND content being in CA? I would not say I am jumping for joy but at the same time I try my very best to appreciate what I have. Sav858, you bring up some logical points here. Some people have priorities and cannot just pack up and leave the state. Not in this economy. Both of my parents have issues with their health and I am their only son left here as my brother is living outside the the US. I feel I have to be here for them to make sure they get the support they need. Would I want to live someplace else? Of course I would but cannot also because I am training to change my career first and as I mentioned the economy sucks so moving anywhere with no job lined up would be a mistake. Overall, I am content with what I have but I also do not think CA is the only place to love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California