Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:29 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times

Advertisements

So I can understand...is he...
(A) Senile?
(B) Stupid?
(C) Serious?
or
(D) Self-Serving?

I'm not trying to be a jokester, I seriously want to understand. I mean what is going on here?

California's Day of Reckoning: The Fight over What to Cut - TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME.com
Two weeks after voters decisively defeated five ballot measures that would have eased the state's fiscal crisis, Schwarzenegger says the message he heard is, "Do your job. Don't come to us with these complex issues. Live within your means. Get rid of waste and inefficiencies. And don't raise taxes."
And he responds by cutting critical programs. I mean really - US is already struggling with its education and prison systems and now he wants to cut even deeper?

I mean, if he seriously heard the lines in bold, isn't it more logical to...I don't know...do what the people said?

1. Get off the commercials begging people to come here. Fix California before you bring any more people here.
  2. Fix the illegal immigration issue. Use the 'fasttrack' method I proposed, which brings in income. Start taxing these folks, which brings in more income. Come down hard on companies that pay under the table with huge fines, that's more income.
  3. For the love of all things blue, start enforcing your laws. I see more and more people back with the cell phone up to their heads driving around nearly causing accidents. You need to get cops out on the beat nailing these people for huge fine tickets and license suspensions. There are people violating HOV lanes, DUI checkpoints are not being done, people are speeding around with no recourse. Enforce your laws and collect what you are owed. That's income."Traffic Efficiency Tickets". I talked about them already. That's income.
  4. Start auditing Section 8, welfare and other assisted service programs. Find the abusers, fine them huge and cut them. That's savings and income.
  5. While you're at it, Mr. Governator, instead of buying a new Hummer, why not do what the people said and cut the waste? Start cutting the salaries of those in your office, starting with yourself.
  6. Force the Franchise Tax Board to go after every tax cheat on that list immediately. If they don't pay and/or make arrangements within 30 days of the order, jail them, seize all assets and liquidate them to the coffers.
  7. If you want to really be drastic, split California. That way the waste of SoCal can't affect NorCal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
I'm still in favor of Arnold making a gay flick as a way to collect funds for the state. He'd play bottom man to a tribe of Mandingo warriors.
I just want to know that he gets reamed just like he reamed Californians. Not that he's the only one to blame, but he's the movie star.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 AM

341 posts, read 688,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
So I can understand...is he...
(A) Senile?
(B) Stupid?
(C) Serious?
or
(D) Self-Serving?

I'm not trying to be a jokester, I seriously want to understand. I mean what is going on here?

California's Day of Reckoning: The Fight over What to Cut - TIME

And he responds by cutting critical programs. I mean really - US is already struggling with its education and prison systems and now he wants to cut even deeper?

I mean, if he seriously heard the lines in bold, isn't it more logical to...I don't know...do what the people said?

1. Get off the commercials begging people to come here. Fix California before you bring any more people here.
  2. Fix the illegal immigration issue. Use the 'fasttrack' method I proposed, which brings in income. Start taxing these folks, which brings in more income. Come down hard on companies that pay under the table with huge fines, that's more income.
  3. For the love of all things blue, start enforcing your laws. I see more and more people back with the cell phone up to their heads driving around nearly causing accidents. You need to get cops out on the beat nailing these people for huge fine tickets and license suspensions. There are people violating HOV lanes, DUI checkpoints are not being done, people are speeding around with no recourse. Enforce your laws and collect what you are owed. That's income."Traffic Efficiency Tickets". I talked about them already. That's income.
  4. Start auditing Section 8, welfare and other assisted service programs. Find the abusers, fine them huge and cut them. That's savings and income.
  5. While you're at it, Mr. Governator, instead of buying a new Hummer, why not do what the people said and cut the waste? Start cutting the salaries of those in your office, starting with yourself.
  6. Force the Franchise Tax Board to go after every tax cheat on that list immediately. If they don't pay and/or make arrangements within 30 days of the order, jail them, seize all assets and liquidate them to the coffers.
  7. If you want to really be drastic, split California. That way the waste of SoCal can't affect NorCal.
one of the only good things about Arnie is he doesn't except pay for being governor. So at least we are not paying him for his stupidity. Now the legislators are another story we are paying them for their stupidity. And everything needs to be cut including education and prisons.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
one of the only good things about Arnie is he doesn't except pay for being governor. So at least we are not paying him for his stupidity. Now the legislators are another story we are paying them for their stupidity. And everything needs to be cut including education and prisons.
He might not accept pay as governator, but he gets money for all of those stupid commercials. And trust me, we definitely ARE paying for his stupidity.

Taxpayers Foot Governator's Travel Frills - US News Briefs | Newser

My plan - true law enforcement and "Traffic Efficiency", would generate billions of dollars in revenue even with only a 1-5% infraction rate without the need to cut services at all.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 AM

24 posts, read 52,138 times
Let me guess revelated, you sit on the left side of the house maybe?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
He might not accept pay as governator, but he gets money for all of those stupid commercials. And trust me, we definitely ARE paying for his stupidity.

Taxpayers Foot Governator's Travel Frills - US News Briefs | Newser

My plan - true law enforcement and "Traffic Efficiency", would generate billions of dollars in revenue even with only a 1-5% infraction rate without the need to cut services at all.
I am not defending him nor do I live in California, I will say, not all the problems are his, he came on the scene with problems in the state, I think he was and is just trying to find a way to save the state. Would I be supporting him if I still lived in California? Probably not: I see you seem to think you have the answers, when are you running for office?

Nita

Old 06-04-2009, 09:24 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
Creating programs to pay for the waste, such as traffic efficiency, will not reduce the waste. It'll only serve to justify and accept it.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I'm liking the plan to scrap some governmental departments entirely. Let's hope they continue to focus on this before turning to anything else.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 AM

What is with this "left" versus "right" stuff? I'm a person who believes in being efficient.

We're talking about cutting programs when, if we just enforce the laws we have enacted and apply proper penalties against them, we could generate major revenue and get people in line. Arnold basically said "the taxpayers won't let me cut what I want to cut and told me to be efficient, so instead of looking for ways to generate revenue, I'll just cut other services anyway." Maybe I'm alone, but that's a slap to the face.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM

301 posts, read 1,510,727 times
As I recall he was promoting California tourism. Tourists pay a lot of taxes during their stays and require very few government services in return. There are some cities, such as Anaheim, that pull in considerable tax revenue off tourists renting hotel rooms. If tourists were to stay away from California during this fiscal crisis it would add to the devastating impact we are already facing. We should be encouraging MORE people to visit California right now... not telling them to stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California