Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Yeah - I'm taking a quick trip to Colorado. I think it's still cold at night there but with the travel trailer that won't be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,753 times
Default Happy Camper

I've camped in tents, popups, trailers, and now happy to be back to a tent although I did like being able to leave things in the trailer and not pack everything each time. I also feel like I go to more remote places with my tent which gives me that feeling of really getting away.

I'd like to get out more this summer for long weekends but plan to stay in NM. It's been a tough couple of years and I'm trying to save money and I don't like to spend a lot of time driving for a few days camping.

I'd like to get up to Heron Lake for the kayak festival at the end of summer and get some more lessons in kayaking. Chaco Canyon is on my list but not in the summer--maybe late September or early October. If a friend visits from PA I'd like to go check out Silver City and camp in the Gila area. I'm ready for summer and camping! My first 2011 camping trip will be at the end of April with friends who own some very remote land they call "The Hideout" in Cibola County NM. I'll help them set up their tipee for the summer. Now that's camping in luxury.
Attached Thumbnails
It's a new year so whats your camping plans?-116.jpg  

Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM

1,301 posts, read 3,580,317 times
We bought a camper van last fall, so together with the A-liner it will considerably extend our comfort zone and range. Planning some van-only trips but also a few van/trailer trips. Will do Adirondack week again, but also hoping to get down to Pennsylvania.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
We bought a camper van last fall, so together with the A-liner it will considerably extend our comfort zone and range. Planning some van-only trips but also a few van/trailer trips. Will do Adirondack week again, but also hoping to get down to Pennsylvania.
Rickett's Glen in PA is awesome. That is where I took my son and family last summer. Have you been there?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 AM

No, I'm pretty unfamiliar with PA... suggestions appreciated. I'm going down to the Moraine State Park area (no camping in the park, I know) to see family, but we're probably going to bum our way through other parts of the state before returning home to Syracuse. So we may well make a big loop over to Rickett's Glen on the way home.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
No, I'm pretty unfamiliar with PA... suggestions appreciated. I'm going down to the Moraine State Park area (no camping in the park, I know) to see family, but we're probably going to bum our way through other parts of the state before returning home to Syracuse. So we may well make a big loop over to Rickett's Glen on the way home.
I'm not an amusement park fan but did like Knobel's - it's like going back to the past--an old time more laid back park--free admission and everything has not been asphalted. There is camping at the park but we camped there only because it was convenient. Knoebels Amusement Resort

I enjoyed camping in the central and eastern state parks when I lived there--always nice. Rickett's Glen was my fav. It has a lake and hiking trails with waterfalls. Pennsylvania State Parks - Ricketts Glen - PA DCNR

Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 AM

Sounds like my kinda place. Thanks!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
I've camped in tents, popups, trailers, and now happy to be back to a tent although I did like being able to leave things in the trailer and not pack everything each time. I also feel like I go to more remote places with my tent which gives me that feeling of really getting away.

I'd like to get out more this summer for long weekends but plan to stay in NM. It's been a tough couple of years and I'm trying to save money and I don't like to spend a lot of time driving for a few days camping.

I'd like to get up to Heron Lake for the kayak festival at the end of summer and get some more lessons in kayaking. Chaco Canyon is on my list but not in the summer--maybe late September or early October. If a friend visits from PA I'd like to go check out Silver City and camp in the Gila area. I'm ready for summer and camping! My first 2011 camping trip will be at the end of April with friends who own some very remote land they call "The Hideout" in Cibola County NM. I'll help them set up their tipee for the summer. Now that's camping in luxury.
A few years ago some folks were camping in a Tipee it was pretty cool.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Our finances have been straining for a while but we're looking forward to a weekend camping trip in April. My wife is working for an income tax service and should get a nice commission check. The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area ( Land Between The Lakes) has discount rates for the month of April (along with all Ky. state parks). My wife has been planning this for a while and has found a nice campsite near the lake, with electricity for $9/ night!! Looks like that's where we'll be the last weekend in April.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Our finances have been straining for a while but we're looking forward to a weekend camping trip in April. My wife is working for an income tax service and should get a nice commission check. The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area ( Land Between The Lakes) has discount rates for the month of April (along with all Ky. state parks). My wife has been planning this for a while and has found a nice campsite near the lake, with electricity for $9/ night!! Looks like that's where we'll be the last weekend in April.
That sounds good, have a great time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing