Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 AM

29 posts, read 180,431 times

Advertisements

I remember that some of my friends and family in Canada did not have a good opinion of President Bush. Some of that was because of the obvious difference in healthcare and same sex marriage.

There are some Canadians of course who were not for same sex marriage. I believe that there may be at least one province that does not issue same sex marriage license. That could have changed by now though so dont quote me on that with doing research.

I found that for the most part Canadians were way more open minded and were not as judgmental as I find some of my American friends to be. This is generally speaking of course.

For instance, one friend of the family in Canada was a lesbian and legally was married in Canada. Her friends and co workers wished her the best and came to her wedding. Even her church supported her where she volunteered on friday nights with working with troubled teens. That was so refreshing to know that there are a group of people who are so kind.

Not to say that Americans are not kind. I think that Americans can be some of the most generous people in the world. I am American and proud of it!

However, I have a coworker in the states whom I believe is a lesbian. She feels that she can not share that about her life with friends from work at least. I can feel the tension when people that I know make comments about lebsians/gays etc. Negative comments.

That really is a shame in my opinion....

So if President Bush is wanting to bring Canada and the United States together I hope that America ( in general of course) can learn from the experience I had in Canada. I hope that America can follow in the footsteps of Canada and give some people the freedom to live their life as they see fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 PM

764 posts, read 1,458,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaboop View Post
. . . So if President Bush is wanting to bring Canada and the United States together I hope that America ( in general of course) can learn from the experience I had in Canada. I hope that America can follow in the footsteps of Canada and give some people the freedom to live their life as they see fit.
It it happens, it won't be Americans following any of Canada's leads, it will be completely the opposite. And once America's ruling government/mega-corp/military plutocracy gets its hands on Canada's natural resources and some major influence of its economy, there'll be turning back.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:20 AM

5 posts, read 12,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
How do most Canadians feel about our President Bush's push for a North American Union. Mexico, Canada, USA becoming one with open borders and trade, new flag etc. Just curious. Thanks
To begin, where did you get this information from?
I'm from Mexico. Exactly from the border between Mexico and the US, Juarez,Mexico and El Paso, TX.
And, everything we hear from Bush is that they want to close their doors to any inmigrant, and i face it day after day. Just take the big wall they are building over the border with Mexico. I know Mexico is not a good country (in means of work, insecurity, health care, cost of living, income, etc, etc, etc.) but, I see this post as if you were afraight of Mexicans and Canadians wanting to take over US and all of us become US Citizens. And that is not true, perhaps many mexicans or canadians want to pursue the american dream, but that is not all of the rest.

Any way I think it takes more organized and educated people to create a new union as you say (well rephrasing bush) and also this has to follow economical terms. (I mean for the person proposing the union)

Anyhow just my 'dos centavos' (two cents in spanish)

Gustavo,

Old 08-11-2007, 03:14 PM

764 posts, read 1,458,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo_WGC View Post
To begin, where did you get this information from?
I'm from Mexico. Exactly from the border between Mexico and the US, Juarez,Mexico and El Paso, TX.
And, everything we hear from Bush is that they want to close their doors to any inmigrant, and i face it day after day. Just take the big wall they are building over the border with Mexico. I know Mexico is not a good country (in means of work, insecurity, health care, cost of living, income, etc, etc, etc.) but, I see this post as if you were afraight of Mexicans and Canadians wanting to take over US and all of us become US Citizens. And that is not true, perhaps many mexicans or canadians want to pursue the american dream, but that is not all of the rest.

Any way I think it takes more organized and educated people to create a new union as you say (well rephrasing bush) and also this has to follow economical terms. (I mean for the person proposing the union)

Anyhow just my 'dos centavos' (two cents in spanish)

Gustavo,
There is an enormous amount of information about this subject on the Internet as well as innumerable blog discussions.

Do some Internet searches and use search words such as north american union or north american future 2025 project or deep integration or nafta superhighway or the plan to disappear canada.

You'll find so much information that you can literally spend weeks reading and evaluating. There are many commentaries from various political ideologies.

It's a very bad idea for everybody concerned. But those proponents of it are after Canada's natural resources and economic control like hungry wolves. It won't happen overnight and it will be with as much stealth as can be used; too much information to the populace would slow the process.

Everyone in all 3 nations should become educated about this so that it doesn't happen in the dark of night behind closed doors. It's time to start getting dialogue going with elected representatives. Many of the items on the agenda for bringing this nightmare about can be disguised as innocent-appearing agreements and codes that will grease the skids for those more expansive measures to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada