Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,748,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
The point I was trying to make is that once Europeans settled in Canada, it was always influenced by another nation or empire.
Better build a fence to keep us out, then!
Being influenced is one thing, doing exactly what is told is another.

Can you explain why Canada is so vehemently against recognition of Palestine from purely its own perspective?, despite the fact the entire world (except the US and Israel and a few minion nations) supports it? The rest of the world is wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,834,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Being influenced is one thing, doing exactly what is told is another.

Can you explain why Canada is so vehemently against recognition of Palestine from purely its own perspective?, despite the fact the entire world (except the US and Israel and a few minion nations) supports it? The rest of the world is wrong?

I don't know. What would Trudeau do? Maybe Canada would be better off if he were reincarnated!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Not completely, of course. But a diversified economy with less dependence on one country is necessary. The world is not just about the US any more. The US is declining in relative terms, and Canada may choose to decline with it, or choose an alternative approach.

When one day this forum is not overrun with constant mentioning of American cities, Canada becomes an independent, mature and dignified country on its own, rather than this small friend always standing by an adult.
Our cultures and economies are so intertwined with similarities we'll always be Americas little brother,or the neighbors who live in the apartment next door, trying to get Canada independent from the USA is just not possible in these days of globalism,sure i agree it would be a nice concept but just not feasible,we're stuck with it.,its the way it is.
That said i would say Canada is as mature and dignified a country can be given its circumstances..

Maybe you could give some examples of how Canada can become more independent from our neighbor to the south without incurring grave financial consequences..

Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 AM

654 posts, read 1,498,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
I feel like America secretly owns Canada now. It seems like they went from being the voice of reason and America's sane, compassionate younger sister to being America's little puppy dog. Canada is even more corporate dominated than the US is at this point.
ooohhhhh grab the foil this is gonna be one of those threads

Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I don't know. What would Trudeau do? Maybe Canada would be better off if he were reincarnated!
His son is now in the running to become leader of the federal Liberal party.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...eadership.html

Old 12-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
His son is now in the running to become leader of the federal Liberal party.

How does "Trudeau fils" measure up to "Trudeau pere"?

BTW, jambo, you need to remember you're Canadian and need to spell like one!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 AM

654 posts, read 1,498,354 times
Quote:

He's just like his father, only difference is he gives us the finger through interviews in French. Then makes phony apologies when he gets busted.

he thinks people outside of Quebec don't speak French.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:

Being Canadian doesnt automatically mean everything defaults to French.
As for Justin Trudeau? now that he's actively campaigning he's striking me as a bit immature for the position and i'm much more comfortable with Marc Garneau as the leader.
Trudeau? maybe someday..
Tredeau gaffe.http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/24...-trudeau-gaffe

Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Being Canadian doesnt automatically mean everything defaults to French.
I meant British spellings - labour, favour, etc.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 AM

447 posts, read 497,024 times
Jambo101, Here you go, a post a few of years ago by a Canadian,

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post27010293

"Israel*just topped the charts as the most hated country ever.*

The nation that claims to be a “victim of holocaust” now uses precision-guided bombs to kill children.*

I have nothing against Jews; they are my neighbors and very nice, considerate people. *I am not Muslim or Christian, I'm an Atheist. If I would ever adopt a religion it would be buddist - they have never preached violence and retribution. However seeing what Israeli army does and listening its little Hitlers makes the David's star look more and more like the swastika.

To think that in modern times there may be a "country" that gets away with killing 10 to 20 people, mostly civilians for every person killed on their side makes me mad.*

How can you call yourself a "country", a "nation" when you live on stolen land and would not have survived a week without United States' help? I guess living knee-deep in the blood of the aboriginal people you killed doesn’t bother you either

"People of Israel", don't you think you've become what you hated the most? Exterminating Palestinian and Lebanese, calling their liberation movements "terrorist", destroying time after time their social infrastructure, do you feel justified? Do you think your children or grandchildren can ever enjoy peace?*

How does it feel to be hated by each and every one of your neighbors? Does the Apartheid Wall you're building after the Berlin Wall was torn down make you feel safe and secure?

How do you sleep at night knowing that every day your soldiers kill more children and more people around the world wish you the worst?*

How would you feel if a guest in your house declared that your living room is his territory and brought guns to keep you in the closet?*

I am against Muslim extremism but terrorism at the level of State should have no place in our world.*

Good night Israel, sweet dreams.*

Never mind the kids you slaughter, they would have grown to be “terrorists” too.*

Don't let the hatred of most nations on the face of the Earth bother you either.*

What will happen to the Israeli kids when the onslaught finally begins? There won’t be anywhere to run because – as you probably remember – all the countries around you hate you. You have beaten them into submission but at the earliest opportunity they’ll leap for your jugular vein.*

My advice – leave this region, take your children someplace where people will love them, like US or Canada.*

Israel as a country is doomed, let it be a kingdom in your hearts.*

Don’t listen to your crazed leaders and their slurs of Zionist superiority.*

Don’t become an instrument of evil, brainwashed into killing children.*

Get out of there and let the Muslims kill themselves as they were happily doing before you decided to migrate there.*

Never mind what the torah, the bible or the koran say – it is going to be your Hiroshima, not your Eden.

Don’t be monsters, be humans.*

10 eyes for an eye – do you think you can call that defense?*

Murdering children, women, old people and UN Observers – can you call that “fighting terrorism”?*

No, it is not just Iran or Syria that hate you.

Of course people of western countries will not chant “Death to Israel” but most of them hate your guts nevertheless.*

Sleep tight. You've made the world a better place.*"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada