Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM

151 posts, read 739,993 times

Advertisements

If your country had to annex 5 US states, and had the choice of what the states would be, which ones would you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Nevada - Resources and gambling revenue

Texas - Resources and a warm beach, endless supply of good Mexican food

Arizona - because it's a dry heat, and we need somewhere to golf in January other than Victoria

Vermont - It's pretty much Canadian already

Louisiana - Just so that Quebec won't be the only other province to speak French.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:36 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,565,256 times
You don't want Ariz., trust me. If you want to golf in January, take Washington Minnesota is here for the taking, about all it would take is a small expedition to International Falls or Roseau. That 50th star is secretly a mple leaf
Here is the American states that should pack up (in my American opinion). Minnesota, Washington, Maine, Vermont and your choice of North Dakota or Montana.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,816,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrySRA View Post
If your country had to annex 5 US states, and had the choice of what the states would be, which ones would you choose?
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia
Hawaii

*If I were allowed more, I'd also pick Ohio, Pennsylvannia, New York, Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, California, Virginia, Maryland (since I've visited all of them) and for places I haven't visited Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado.

Could we also annex Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands?

*** Thanks TerrySRA, that was fun.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM

26 posts, read 307,421 times
my picks are: Alaska, Washingotn, Oregon, California and Hawaii. Dump Quebec and Atlantatic Provinces. please look at the map after that. by the way then we need to move our capital city to Edmonton.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:54 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,988 times
Any of the northeastern states or pacific cost.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:09 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,480,618 times
As a "Yank," I'd volunteer 6 Rocky Mountain States: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. How cool would it be to have virtually the whole of the Rocky Mountains in one country? Oh yeah, and make the Texans and Californians have to have a visa to visit! Like the cell phone commercial, we could call it "Britishcolorutaowynewmalbertaho." I've always felt that the old-line residents of the Rocky Mountain region, either in the U.S. states or Canadian provinces, have more in common with each other than they do the rest of their respective countries.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:19 PM

151 posts, read 739,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigago View Post
my picks are: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California and Hawaii. Dump Quebec and Atlantatic Provinces. please look at the map after that. by the way then we need to move our capital city to Edmonton.
Then Quebec becomes its own country, and the 3 Maritimes and 6 New England states go together and turn into a country, and the US will keep everything NY and down. Sounds great to me!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:16 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,291,512 times
hehe this is funny:
if were ya'll I would yank:
California: San Diego, LA, San Fran, OC, and San Jose
Texas: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Fort Worth, and El Paso
NY: NYC
Florida: Miami and Jacksonville
Illinois:Chicago
The Economic powers in the US, all the states above all own 8 of the 10 US's largest cities. With all of them having a huge population and Large Urban areas with high amounts of diversity. The climates differ, and you would bring in some nice Mexican food with Cali and Texas.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:41 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,480,618 times
Why in the world would Canada want California, Texas, or Florida?--three states beset with increasingly insurmountable and debilitating social problems that millions of Americans would escape if they could. Not to mention with that many people brought under the Canadian flag, native born Canadians would lose any meaningful voice in their own government.

Truth is, Canada is probably just fine the way it is. If things keep going the way they are in the U.S., Canada may have a big problem with illegal aliens (U.S. citizens) trying to sneak into their country to live just like the U.S. does with illegals from Latin America and elsewhere sneaking into the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada