Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:05 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Oh and let me guess - you've lived everywhere else - in 10 provinces and 50 States and every single country in the world and for requisite periods of time to be an authority on the matter.. My apologies i will defer to your personal 'expertise' and authority ...:smac k::smack :

You really have it in for Quebec don't you? Besides, i'm supposed to ignore people I know from Quebec on a personal level in favour of someone who just uses the arguments against me that can also be used against him.. I think its fair to say no place is going to have a positive chemical reaction for everyone so for you - I think its good you left Quebec (if you actually lived there) and moved somewhere else. For those who have chosen to move and live in QC and love it let us respect their ability to choose what is best for them - i'm sure they've lived in other places before settling on home there.
This thread is admittedly provocative in its OP which declared Quebec to be the best place in North America. Keep in mind it was started by an American from the west coast I think with a starry-eyed view of Quebec as a progressive, Euro-style bastion on the North American landmass.

All of which is perfectly fine, but people should keep in mind that it wasn't a boastful thread started by a Québécois.

So let's have the discussion - sure. But I don't see why every single thing about Quebec should be picked apart. It's not as if Quebec goes around bombing or dominating other countries, or trying to impose poutine and its particular variant of French on other cultures all over the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:44 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
This thread is admittedly provocative in its OP which declared Quebec to be the best place in North America. Keep in mind it was started by an American from the west coast I think with a starry-eyed view of Quebec as a progressive, Euro-style bastion on the North American landmass.

All of which is perfectly fine, but people should keep in mind that it wasn't a boastful thread started by a Québécois.

So let's have the discussion - sure. But I don't see why every single thing about Quebec should be picked apart. It's not as if Quebec goes around bombing or dominating other countries, or trying to impose poutine and its particular variant of French on other cultures all over the world.
I volunteer for the imposition of poutine.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:06 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

Oh absolutely and we all know most of the provocative posts made in the Canada forums are either not from Canadians or from 'the others' ie... those who have little of a track record in here or recycled critics. I know it sounds a bit extreme but there has to be some truth in it to explain how constant this has become in here.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 AM

428 posts, read 451,083 times
Quote:
Oh absolutely and we all know most of the provocative posts made in the Canada forums are either not from Canadians or from 'the others' ie... those who have little of a track record in here or recycled critics. I know it sounds a bit extreme but there has to be some truth in it to explain how constant this has become in here.
All of the naive posts come from the same few, you being the king of them. Here's your credentials when it comes to Quebec.

1. don't speak French 2. never lived in Quebec 3. never lived outside of Ontario

Sure, this guy absolutely knows what he's talking about.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
All of the naive posts come from the same few, you being the king of them. Here's your credentials when it comes to Quebec.

1. don't speak French 2. never lived in Quebec 3. never lived outside of Ontario

Sure, this guy absolutely knows what he's talking about.
You're getting personal again Modernrebel - I understand things can get a little frustrating when there are others that don't share your view on things but it doesn't give you the right to launch personal attacks. Please consider this a friendly reminder about this and we'll leave it at that and hopefully your personal attacks won't continue so that the matter doesn't have to be escalated to moderation.

You may not agree with my ideas or my commentary but its always personal with you and I have no idea why or what i've done to garner that..

I will offer at least my insight into it.. I am seen as someone who does't represent the status quo regarding rather extreme views...I am open to a dialogue to change things to work towards something better.. My views aren't aligned with certain factions in here so as a result will generate sentiment from those who have an agenda..

As i've said before - few people have lived in mutiple places for requisite periods of time to be considered experts in multiple places... Its just not possible given the lifespan of a human being so therefore like anyone else i'm free to express my thoughts and this is a subject that impacts the nation I live..

Please read the Clarity act btw.. When it comes to Provincial matters of Separation we are all involved and have a say - regardless of whether we are bilingual or lived in every place in Canada for long or short periods of time or have lived in only one place - some things transcend language.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:44 AM

183 posts, read 218,468 times
Quote:
You're getting personal again Modernrebel - I understand things can get a little frustrating when there are others that don't share your view on things but it doesn't give you the right to launch personal attacks. Please consider this a friendly reminder about this and we'll leave it at that and hopefully your personal attacks won't continue so that the matter doesn't have to be escalated to moderation.

You may not agree with my ideas or my commentary but its always personal with you and I have no idea why or what i've done to garner that..

I will offer at least my insight into it.. I am seen as someone who does't represent the status quo regarding rather extreme views...I am open to a dialogue to change things to work towards something better.. My views aren't aligned with certain factions in here so as a result will generate sentiment from those who have an agenda..

As i've said before - few people have lived in mutiple places for requisite periods of time to be considered experts in multiple places... Its just not possible given the lifespan of a human being so therefore like anyone else i'm free to express my thoughts and this is a subject that impacts the nation I live..

Please read the Clarity act btw.. When it comes to Provincial matters of Separation we are all involved and have a say - regardless of whether we are bilingual or lived in every place in Canada for long or short periods of time or have lived in only one place - some things transcend language.
I admit when it comes to Empire you Anglo Canadians have covered all of your bases. An excuse for everything. Now you even convince yourself that you didn't colonize Québec.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebecLibre View Post
I admit when it comes to Empire you Anglo Canadians have covered all of your bases. An excuse for everything. Now you even convince yourself that you didn't colonize Québec.
Its really time for some to move along.... Kind of like driving - looking forward more often instead of constantly looking in the rear view mirror... On that note will you be continuing on your sunday reading about the illuminati by any chance? How about reading material that connects people to historical events they were never actually a part of just for s and giggles.. I don't believe in reincarnation btw - jus saying lol...

Old 02-02-2015, 07:48 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Please consider this a friendly reminder about this and we'll leave it at that and hopefully your personal attacks won't continue so that the matter doesn't have to be escalated to moderation.
Oh no, not moderation...I feel faint...Such threats...

Lighten up Francis.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Oh no, not moderation...I feel faint...Such threats...

Lighten up Francis.
Oh funny guy eh lol....Anyway the guy is like a broken record - I already addressed his comments and he didn't respond yet repeats the same personal crap - poking and prodding over and over again.. If that is what it takes to get his attention so be it.. Besides - he was hoping for a dramatic response anyway.. If I was dealing with a person with a normal temperament I would't have had to say what I did.. There are some in here who don't want to engage in a civil discussion - they simply wanna kick people in the ****s for the sake of it.

Last edited by fusion2; 02-02-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 02:15 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,599,838 times
Crumbling infrastructure, failed governance and an outflow of people: Exploring Montreal’s economic decline | National Post

Came across this today. A bit of a gloomy read but many trends are undeniably true and illustrate why the city/province is operating below it's potential. Much of Montreal's decline has been Toronto's gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada