Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 04:23 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
It'd be interesting to see what the angryphone demographic has to say about this.
Frankly, we don't spend any time at all thinking about what concerns francophobes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Let me guess then,when PB comes to some obscure little town/city in the ROC even though theres no francophones living within 500 miles he will expect every one to be fluently bilingual,all institutions to be if not French then fluently bilingual,French schools and hospitals available etc.
Is this your idea of the ROC meeting you half way PB? if so its a pipe-dream thats never going to happen. Be thankful your terminally malcontented francophone minority has managed to persuade Canada into mandating federal government service in French across the land,bilingual traffic signs on federal highways and mandatory bilingualism on product labeling across the land, thats as good as its going to get.
This post reveals a lot about your mindset.

There aren't really any populated areas in Canada where you'd have a 500-mile radius where there are "no francophones".

I'll stop there but there would be more...

Old 04-23-2015, 10:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
This post reveals a lot about your mindset.

There aren't really any populated areas in Canada where you'd have a 500-mile radius where there are "no francophones".

I'll stop there but there would be more...
As usual avoid the main point and go for some minor aspect of the post.The original point was to do with PB wanting Canada to meet him halfway.Give us some examples of this halfway thats apparently needed .
As for my mindset i'm totally open about it,i'm evidently an angryphone,some one who is not happy with the draconian language legislation Quebec expects its minorities to abide by.

Last edited by jambo101; 04-23-2015 at 10:36 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 08:41 AM

542 posts, read 502,821 times
Quote:
As usual avoid the main point and go for some minor aspect of the post.The original point was to do with PB wanting Canada to meet him halfway.Give us some examples of this halfway thats apparently needed .
As for my mindset i'm totally open about it,i'm evidently an angryphone,some one who is not happy with the draconian language legislation Quebec expects its minorities to abide by.
You want a list of requests? Here are some to brainstorm. These requests are fair and balanced, forged with Canada and Quebec's best interests in mind.

- Official bilingualization of Ottawa
- Full control over immigration
- Increased benefits for "have not" provinces
- Protection for French outside of Quebec
- official recognition of Quebec and anglo Canada as equals
- French proficiency required for high school graduation in Canada

Old 04-24-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
You want a list of requests? Here are some to brainstorm. These requests are fair and balanced, forged with Canada and Quebec's best interests in mind.

- Official bilingualization of Ottawa
- Full control over immigration
- Increased benefits for "have not" provinces
- Protection for French outside of Quebec
- official recognition of Quebec and anglo Canada as equals
- French proficiency required for high school graduation in Canada
When i asked for examples i thought you were going to come up with some reasonably intelligent proposals.
What you've set forth is the basics of the francophone take over of Canada.Aint gonna happen.
Canada is an English country that happens to have a rather irrelevant vocal minority of francophones.You want your pipedream to happen? separate and make it happen in your own country.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:42 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,545,201 times
Quote:
When i asked for examples i thought you were going to come up with some reasonably intelligent proposals.
What you've set forth is the basics of the francophone take over of Canada.Aint gonna happen.
Canada is an English country that happens to have a rather irrelevant vocal minority of francophones.You want your pipedream to happen? separate and make it happen in your own country.
That kind of attitude is exactly why Canada doesn't deserve Quebec.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:48 AM

Feel free to leave.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,545,201 times
Quote:
Feel free to leave.
Leave? You can't tell an American what to do!

Old 04-24-2015, 11:57 AM

542 posts, read 502,821 times
Quote:
So in your view:

- the capital of a bilingual country SHOULDN'T be bilingual
- the provinces SHOULDN'T have control over who immigrates there
- knowledge of the other official language SHOULDN'T be encouraged
- areas with speakers of the other official language SHOULDN'T be treated as equals but instead like jst another minority

Tell me again, who is it that is trying to take over Canada?

Old 04-24-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
So in your view:

- the capital of a bilingual country SHOULDN'T be bilingual
- the provinces SHOULDN'T have control over who immigrates there
- knowledge of the other official language SHOULDN'T be encouraged
- areas with speakers of the other official language SHOULDN'T be treated as equals but instead like jst another minority

Tell me again, who is it that is trying to take over Canada?
Canada is only bilingual in the sense that Quebec is French and the rest of Canada is English, French outside Quebec is irrelevant,not needed and not wanted.
The federal government should have control over who immigrates to Canada.
I dont believe in wasting peoples time learning a language they'll never use.
Francophones outside Quebec are treated like equals and are not subjected to the English equivalent of the likes of Bill101 and the language police like allophones are subjected to in Quebec.
I'm sure if your ideas were implemented it still wouldnt be enough to satiate francophones like yourself and it wouldnt be long before there'd be a move to rid the entire country of Anglophones,fortunately theres 28 million Anglophones and 6-7 million francophones,,majority rules.

Last edited by jambo101; 04-24-2015 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada