Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 08:05 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times

Advertisements

This post has got to be one of the most ridiculous and racist posts in City Data Forum I've ever read . Since 1978, China had an official one child policy that was vigorously enforced in cities but not so much in the countryside where bribery, knowing the right individuals, or simply lax enforcement enabled families to have more than one child. Besides, this policy resulted in a far greater ratio of men to women in the newest generation, which already in effect will slow down the growth of Chinese families in the future. The Chinese are not going to swamp Canada's cities because they do not see the need to leave their home nation. As far as I know, Toronto and Vancouver have the most Chinese but the Chinese don't even make up a fifth of the population of either city's metro area. Next I suppose someone is going to target the Asian Indians, the Hispanics, or the Arabs and call them the plague. Nonsense!

Old 10-30-2015, 08:23 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Canada already has lots of chinese. What is the overall opinion of these people?

And if you had to be overrun by foreigners, who better than the chinese? Yeh, sure they poop and urinate everywhere, but they have good food, dont care about your religion, dont push people around. There can be worse than pooping and peeing everywhere.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:40 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
This post has got to be one of the most ridiculous and racist posts in City Data Forum I've ever read . Since 1978, China had an official one child policy that was vigorously enforced in cities but not so much in the countryside where bribery, knowing the right individuals, or simply lax enforcement enabled families to have more than one child. Besides, this policy resulted in a far greater ratio of men to women in the newest generation, which already in effect will slow down the growth of Chinese families in the future. The Chinese are not going to swamp Canada's cities because they do not see the need to leave their home nation. As far as I know, Toronto and Vancouver have the most Chinese but the Chinese don't even make up a fifth of the population of either city's metro area. Next I suppose someone is going to target the Asian Indians, the Hispanics, or the Arabs and call them the plague. Nonsense!
I agree with your post except for the part that was bolded because that part is incorrect.

People who lived in the countryside were given special dispensation to have 2 children, sometimes even 3 children under very particular circumstances. This is because the countryside people were/are farmers who provide food for themselves as well as providing all the food for the cities. The 1 or 2 additional children per farming family are needed on farms as workers to help out with the farm work and food production. There are far more people living in the cities than there are in the countryside and without the farmers and their families' production everyone else would starve.

It's the same in all countries - more people live in cities than in the countryside but it is the farmers in the countryside who keep the city dwellers fed.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:50 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

Canada already has lots of chinese. What is the overall opinion of these people?

And if you had to be overrun by foreigners, who better than the chinese? Yeh, sure they poop and urinate everywhere, but they have good food, dont care about your religion, dont push people around. There can be worse than pooping and peeing everywhere.
Everybody poops and urinates everywhere. Even you. Or are you somebody special who doesn't need to eat?

Old 10-31-2015, 09:01 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
I'm glad i'm not the only one disgusted by this very thread or by what has been said about Chinese people.. I don't know what the OP was trying to accomplish but this isn't the first time she has taken a swipe at Chinese people and imo offensively.. She has done it in the Toronto forums as well where she is very keen on labels and generalizations.

I've grown up with and have had many wonderful Chinese friends and to all Chinese people in Canada and around the world i'd like to apologize on behalf of the ignorant, rude morons who create threads like this who are of European/white background and who seem to take pride in spewing out nonsense like this.. I don't represent them at all but still feel it appropriate to make it known that these people don't represent all of us by a long shot and we are actually embarrassed by them!

Last edited by fusion2; 10-31-2015 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-31-2015, 09:52 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I agree with your post except for the part that was bolded because that part is incorrect.

People who lived in the countryside were given special dispensation to have 2 children, sometimes even 3 children under very particular circumstances. This is because the countryside people were/are farmers who provide food for themselves as well as providing all the food for the cities. The 1 or 2 additional children per farming family are needed on farms as workers to help out with the farm work and food production. There are far more people living in the cities than there are in the countryside and without the farmers and their families' production everyone else would starve.

It's the same in all countries - more people live in cities than in the countryside but it is the farmers in the countryside who keep the city dwellers fed.

My cousins wife has 5 brothers and sisters. Who grew up in rural China, she said they have little to no regulations on how many children they can have. China needs the farmers. The difference is, in China you can't just move from a rural area to a city, it's not allowed in most cases. All cities have strict 1 child policies, which of course just ended.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:34 AM

299 posts, read 316,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I'm glad i'm not the only one disgusted by this very thread or by what has been said about Chinese people.. I don't know what the OP was trying to accomplish but this isn't the first time she has taken a swipe at Chinese people and imo offensively.. She has done it in the Toronto forums as well where she is very keen on labels and generalizations.

I've grown up with and have had many wonderful Chinese friends and to all Chinese people in Canada and around the world i'd like to apologize on behalf of the ignorant, rude morons who create threads like this who are of European/white background and who seem to take pride in spewing out nonsense like this.. I don't represent them at all but still feel it appropriate to make it known that these people don't represent all of us by a long shot and we are actually embarrassed by them!

This post was meant to be a sarcastic joke and not taken seriously. But I find it hilarious how you guys started crying racism right away. Canadians really need to work on their sense of humour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada