Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 07:25 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
When I was a child, I got to meet London, the dog who portrayed the Littlest Hobo, in those days. He and his handler came through the local mall, and I asked my Dad if we could meet him. Dad agreed, and so, we met London. My Dad bought me a print of a charcoal sketch of London, and then London "signed" it with a pawprint. I was thrilled, and put it on the wall of my bedroom.

But time passes, and my poster of London gave way to other posters as I grew up. Led Zepplin, the Rolling Stones, you know.

I moved out, and my Led Zep and Stones posters were as worthless to Dad as was my London poster. They all went in the trash. Memories of a faraway time, and times change.

But now, while I don't need Led Zep and Stones posters, I do wish I had my Littlest Hobo poster signed by London. I never met Jimmy Page or Mick Jagger, but I did meet London, and his adventures as The Littlest Hobo were a large part of my childhood. I wish I had my poster back.

What a nice story Chevy and yes - that signed London poster well - its a shame! With that said - you got to meet London so the memory of that is the real gem! Its a great story too. My mom threw out my Star Wars toys to my horror and could only imagine if they were kept.. There's some things a parent should never throw out but parents are well parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Electric Circus ... I remember trying to dress like those people in that show. Totally funny. Le Chateau was certainly the place to go shopping to try and get that look.
Yeah they were good times.. T.O's party vibe was something else back then... Then we became more pffft 'sophisticated' lol... Le Chateau - I remember when that was all the rage - now there is just so much competition - they are a shadow of their former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I really like The Passionate eye. Great show. Is it still on?
Of course!! You can even watch the latest full episodes online!

http://www.cbc.ca/player/tv/The%20Passionate%20Eye

Last edited by fusion2; 12-15-2015 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 08:13 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,259 times
North of 60
Moccasin Flats
The Rez
The Galloping Gourmet
The Nature Of Things
Science Magazine
Paradise Falls (great night time Canuck soap!)
Seeing Things (a classic)
John Byner Comedy Hour
King of Kensington
Dragon's Den

Last edited by daynet; 12-16-2015 at 08:40 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 08:20 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Trailer Park Boys (hands down my favorite)
Cold Squad
DaVinci's Code
Intelligence
You could probably include the Stargate shows although they were a combined effort

A new show I've been liking is Dark Matter

Good stuff comes from up north, I'm glad we have access to some of it down here.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:41 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
When I was a child, I got to meet London, the dog who portrayed the Littlest Hobo, in those days. He and his handler came through the local mall, and I asked my Dad if we could meet him. Dad agreed, and so, we met London. My Dad bought me a print of a charcoal sketch of London, and then London "signed" it with a pawprint. I was thrilled, and put it on the wall of my bedroom.

But time passes, and my poster of London gave way to other posters as I grew up. Led Zepplin, the Rolling Stones, you know.

I moved out, and my Led Zep and Stones posters were as worthless to Dad as was my London poster. They all went in the trash. Memories of a faraway time, and times change.

But now, while I don't need Led Zep and Stones posters, I do wish I had my Littlest Hobo poster signed by London. I never met Jimmy Page or Mick Jagger, but I did meet London, and his adventures as The Littlest Hobo were a large part of my childhood. I wish I had my poster back.
Aw, I loved The Littlest Hobo! How lucky you were to have got to meet him. I would have been thrilled, too.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:13 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Good answers so far.

I think it's worth it to mention some shows in French, since they are often the most-watched *Canadian* shows, ratings-wise. Even if it's only in one part of the country.

For example, aside from sporting events, this is the most watched Canadian TV show in history:

La Petite Vie.

Here is a Christmas special from the series featuring a relatively famous person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rZxCMjLhQ

Old 12-16-2015, 09:20 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
I believe the Degrassi franchise is the most successfully exported truly Canadian TV property ever.

As for a TV show made in Canada but remade in foreign country, the most successful one is probably "Un gars, une fille" or A Guy and A Girl.

It was a short skit show that was sold and remade in something like 30 countries I think.

Quebec original - here they are in Paris

Un Gars Une Fille - A Paris 1 - YouTube

Remake from France - starring Jean Dujardin, the lead actor in the Oscar-winning movie The Artist

Un Gars Une Fille Betisier Spécial SexE - YouTube

American version by Paul Reiser in English:

LAUREN BITTNER BITES INTO LOVE - YouTube

Love Bites - Full Length Trailer - YouTube

Old 12-17-2015, 06:03 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Growing up in the 80's Fred Penner and Mr. Dressup (Ernie Coombs)

Old 12-17-2015, 06:50 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,453,096 times
I was quite surprised to learn that "Highway Thru Hell " has been sold to over 70 other countries, with dubbed in dialogue. Truckers that I converse with from the UK are astounded by the conditions in the mountain passes in BC, and the amount of work that it takes to recover some of the truck wrecks.

Heavy rescue operators have to be innovative, and able to adapt to what they see when they arrive at a accident scene. That big western star twin boom rotator truck represents an investment of all most three quarters of a million dollars, and Jamie Davis has two of them, plus another 35 smaller trucks, in two locations......Hope BC and Lac La Bish, Alberta.

Jim B.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:13 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
A few weeks ago I was tying to remember the show with the Jones and Mary Walsh, thanks for mentioning Codco.

Other shows I would like to mention are Serial, The Great Detective, Wojack and Quiten Durgess MP. At least they were all good in their time.

As a kid I also liked The Littlest Hobo

Old 12-17-2015, 03:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
A few weeks ago I was tying to remember the show with the Jones and Mary Walsh, thanks for mentioning Codco.

Other shows I would like to mention are Serial, The Great Detective, Wojack and Quiten Durgess MP. At least they were all good in their time.

As a kid I also liked The Littlest Hobo
Ok will admit the littlest hobo theme makes me feel sad makes me just want to adopt the dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada