Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 06:18 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,838,579 times

Advertisements

Do you often come across people wearing shirts with Bible verses or even Bible verse tattoos? How about signs this time of year reading “Jesus Is the Reason for the Season”?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 07:30 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,129,027 times
Never.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:40 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do you often come across people wearing shirts with Bible verses or even Bible verse tattoos? How about signs this time of year reading “Jesus Is the Reason for the Season”?
Perhaps on signs out in front of the less popular churches. Cannot recall seeing anything like that on anyone's person or property.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:01 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,433,911 times
I have seen a little bit of that out here in Manitoba, very rarely though. Never saw that back east.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:16 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,866,725 times
Never see it in Southern Ontario.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:21 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,112,420 times
Definitely never seen stuff like that on people on the west coast. None of that "in your face" stuff for us. It would be a good way for a person to get a dubious reputation and become avoided as a religious fanatic if that's what they want.

Sometimes on church billboards or bumper stickers on cars I've seen biblical verses.

But I've never seen stuff like “Jesus Is the Reason for the Season” probably because that would be considered by most to be a blatant falsehood (which it is). Besides which it wouldn't be appropriate to be visually flogging other people over the heads with any religion in a society like ours that is multicultural and there are so many people of different cultures all celebrating their religious (or non-religious) traditions all during the same season.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:27 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,838,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Definitely never seen stuff like that on people on the west coast. None of that "in your face" stuff for us. It would be a good way for a person to get a dubious reputation and become avoided as a religious fanatic if that's what they want.

Sometimes on church billboards or bumper stickers on cars I've seen biblical verses.

But I've never seen stuff like “Jesus Is the Reason for the Season” probably because that would be considered by most to be a blatant falsehood (which it is). Besides which it wouldn't be appropriate to be visually flogging other people over the heads with any religion in a society like ours that is multicultural and there are so many people of different cultures all celebrating their religious (or non-religious) traditions all during the same season.
Most folks down here know what Christmas is all about. Watch “A Charlie Brown Christmas”.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:32 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,433,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Muslims and Sikhs are pretty in our faces about their religion here in Canada. I can't leave my house without seeing some one in a hijab or a turban.

Lets not kid ourselves Christmas holidays in this country are Christian in origin. I am saying this as an athiest, I am not Christian but lets be fair.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:33 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,973,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Everyone in Canada proudly wears the yarmulke under the redneck baseball cap, eh.
Christianity. Have you ever been to Canada?

Old 12-11-2019, 09:41 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,973,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Muslims and Sikhs are pretty in our faces about their religion here in Canada. I can't leave my house without seeing some one in a hijab or a turban.

Lets not kid ourselves Christmas holidays in this country are Christian in origin. I am saying this as an athiest, I am not Christian but lets be fair.
Yah. Why can't they do like the rest of Canada and hide their stuff under a Canadian baseball cap!

Christianity in Canada has been drastically eroded for at least a decade, when students in turbans or long black gowns with slits for eyes first protested against Christmas music and easter bunnies in public schools. How boring when Christmas and Easter holidays are not allowed to have cultural or religious meaning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada