Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 10:42 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times

Advertisements

Its funny you send people message of support and they don't even acknowledge your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Where is it? (where are you)
Winnipeg Manitoba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 10:43 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,321,218 times
And I'm so effing irritated by how sloppy our government's response was to Covid 19. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cov...onse-1.5529263

Old 04-12-2020, 10:45 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Its funny you send people message of support and they don't even acknowledge your post.
Yep coldish braniacs on here.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
And I'm so effing irritated by how sloppy our government's response was to Covid 19. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cov...onse-1.5529263
Yes BUT.

Those Taiwan etc. examples -- because they've already had epidemics/pandemics, got it wrong the first times, and learned their lessons.

Pretty sure Canada will also have PTSD after this. Will learn something, and will have extra speed when needed.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:04 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
Quote:

Do they still make powdered milk? Or shelf stable milk? That must be around somewhere.

I haven't seen the shelf stable milk in stores for years but one can certainly still get powdered milk. And there is canned condensed milk of course. Milk can be frozen too if there is enough space in the freezer to put extra milk.

Old 04-12-2020, 01:04 PM

7,679 posts, read 5,525,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Doing the same thing....only week element dairy products...mainly milk....can't stock up
it doesn't keep....may have to end up eating my cereal with water!
My mother used to freeze pint cartons of milk. I have read that if you freeze milk it’s best to remove a little from the carton so the milk has room to expand when freezing. I was watching a video this morning where a woman, who has frozen gallon plastic jugs of milk regularly for years, said she has never bothered to do that. To unfreeze, she puts the jug in the fridge with bowl underneath because the frozen jug is wobbly. Every so often she shakes the partially unfrozen milk so it will end up creamy.

You can also do a google search on how to freeze eggs and cheese.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:37 PM

7,679 posts, read 5,525,023 times
Good news about medical supplies: https://nationalpost.com/news/covid-...8-ee425ad4ba86

Quote:
On Saturday, the first of soon-to-be many flights from Shanghai arrived on a Cargojet Inc. plane carrying over 80,000 pounds of medical personal protective equipment (PPE) arrived in Hamilton, Ont.
Quote:
“We could be looking at anywhere from an average of four to five flights a week in and out of China for the next three to four weeks,” said Ajay Virmani, president and CEO of Cargojet

Old 04-12-2020, 08:10 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
The support measures for workers and even employers have been pretty darn good and were thrown together very quickly and also efficiently.

I was not impressed though with the hesitation when it came to controls at the border and for people coming off international flights.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:39 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times
I just saw online there was a protest in vancouver a " march against tyranny". Some people protesting against the stay at home measures calling the whole crisis fake news. i couldn't post the link right now, but the video I saw was put up on twitter by some guy named Dan Dicks.

I also read online that some people here in Manitoba are planning to do the same thing. Saying the government can't tell people what to do and they are going to practice their right to civil disobedience.

I have noticed people saying this stuff online, usually have a pic of Andrew Scheer, Harper , Trump or something related to religion on their profile page. SMFH.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:42 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I just saw online there was a protest in vancouver a " march against tyranny". Some people protesting against the stay at home measures calling the whole crisis fake news. i couldn't post the link right now, but the video I saw was put up on twitter by some guy named Dan Dicks.

I also read online that some people here in Manitoba are planning to do the same thing. Saying the government can't tell people what to do and they are going to practice their right to civil disobedience.

I have noticed people saying this stuff online, usually have a pic of Andrew Scheer, Harper , Trump or something related to religion on their profile page. SMFH.
You can't make that up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada