Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 08:44 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
You can't make that up!
Yeah I thought the last name was quite fitting for the whole group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 10:57 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

I just saw online there was a protest in vancouver a " march against tyranny". Some people protesting against the stay at home measures calling the whole crisis fake news. i couldn't post the link right now, but the video I saw was put up on twitter by some guy named Dan Dicks.

I also read online that some people here in Manitoba are planning to do the same thing. Saying the government can't tell people what to do and they are going to practice their right to civil disobedience.

I have noticed people saying this stuff online, usually have a pic of Andrew Scheer, Harper , Trump or something related to religion on their profile page. SMFH.

This was news to me. I couldn't find anything up to date about other people actively protesting, but I found this, Dan Dick's tweet - is this what you're talking about:

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tw...49767404363776

Most of the comments at the bottom don't approve of the protest and think protesters are idiots, some of the comments are funny.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:34 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
This was news to me. I couldn't find anything up to date about other people actively protesting, but I found this, Dan Dick's tweet - is this what you're talking about:

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tw...49767404363776

Most of the comments at the bottom don't approve of the protest and think protesters are idiots, some of the comments are funny.

I saw a Facebook post with photos of the protest. The guy called it a success because he had 25 people, but from the photos I saw I counted 13. 13 fools.

Also, lockdown? We aren't in a lockdown. We are practising physical distancing, staying home as much as possible, except for going out for essentials. We can still go for walks as long as we don't gather in groups or get near anyone.

If they think this is a lockdown, they will have a surprise when a real lockdown occurs because of these fools making it necessary.
These idiots will sing a different tune if they get ill.

One person who agreed with the protest and encouraged others is getting a lot of " feedback " on Facebook. One comment simply said
"May someone speak moistly on you " .

Last edited by Natnasci; 04-13-2020 at 11:53 AM..

Old 04-18-2020, 11:59 AM

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I was glad to read this in the news today.

Trudeau: Canada, U.S. strike deal to extend border restrictions by 30 days

Quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canada and the United States have struck a deal to extend current border restrictions between the two countries by an additional 30 days.

"This is an important decision and one that will keep people on both sides of the border safe," Trudeau said at the top of his daily COVID-19 briefing Saturday.

The border was originally closed March 21, restricting non-essential travel between Canada and the U.S. Over the past month, the border remained open for trade and commerce, with exemptions also granted for emergency response and public health purposes.

The prime minister's announcement comes as the initial agreement was set to expire Tuesday.......

Old 04-18-2020, 02:05 PM

613 posts, read 815,300 times
Quote:
Well I don't know about the rest of you but I was glad to read this in the news today.

Trudeau: Canada, U.S. strike deal to extend border restrictions by 30 days

I have felt generally favourable of Trudeau's handling of this crisis, but that would have changed if he had caved to pressure from Trump to open the border.

We may need to build a wall and make Trump pay for it.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:08 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Canada’s meat-and-potato problem: Coronavirus pandemic hits the food supply chain

https://globalnews.ca/news/6870689/c...a-food-supply/

Quote:
Canada’s potato industry joins a growing number of food sectors that finds itself in crisis, a crisis sparked by the near elimination of demand for french fries.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:49 AM

Well it looks like Canada was mistaken in thinking the early cases of the virus in Canada were because of travellers from China. Turns out it was because of travellers between USA and Canada:

Canada's early COVID-19 cases came from the U.S. not China, provincial data shows

Old 04-30-2020, 11:02 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,568,914 times
Quote:
Well it looks like Canada was mistaken in thinking the early cases of the virus in Canada were because of travellers from China. Turns out it was because of travellers between USA and Canada:

Canada's early COVID-19 cases came from the U.S. not China, provincial data shows

build that wall

Old 04-30-2020, 01:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
We found it strange that given where the first cases were showing up that China was still being seen as the sole source for Canada. We were of the opinion that even though the testing and verification of cases in Florida was not being done as should have been, given it's predominant tourist economy that that would be one State giving rise to many cases and that certainly that would be reflected in the snowbird numbers returning to Canada.

This was being discussed as early as mid February among Canadians in Florida and factored in a lot of decision making as to leaving early to return to Canada. One only needed to enter the various major air terminal websites such as Miami, Tampa and Orlando to see all the international flights arriving from all over the world with many of them coming from countries already enduring many reported cases.

The China travel ban enacted and starting Feb 2nd with some flights still arriving later than that with airport screening being done sporadically and ineffectually, along with the rather long incubation period before presenting symptoms, told many of us this was going to be a clusterfugg of major proportions and we'd better get our acts together and beat feet home. This was not to say the problem would be any the less obvious in Ontario for all the same reasons but, the defining point was, if getting ill was likely - most, if not all Canadians would rather be ill and hospitalized at home in Canada and should get back there while they could still travel.

I would surmise there would have been a significant number of 'asymptomatic' returning snowbirds that brought the bugs back with them.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:11 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
So who feels comfortable with the restrictions easing tomorrow? Is anyone planning on changing what they've been doing? I did do one new thing, which was to make an appointment with my hairdresser but can't get on until the 12th. So that gives me some time to see where this will go here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada