Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 07:13 AM

143 posts, read 111,582 times

Advertisements

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ut-white-gaze/
The Telegraph is considered a newspaper of record.The paper's motto, "Was, is, and will be", was included in its emblem which was used for over a century starting in 1858
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 04:28 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Sure guys, but I think one has to be extremely naive to think that black-only events (or other racially or ethnically segregated events)
aren't still taking place in Canada in 2024. Especially if the ones in 2023 went off without a hitch and everyone thought it was great.

Old 03-04-2024, 04:46 AM

We're now seeing the typical 2020s sequence of denialism unfurling on this forum, both in this thread and in the one on male breast milk (sic).

Here is how it goes.

1 - this isn't happening at at all, it's an an urban legend

2 - you've provided a source but it's not a credible one

3 - OK so that source is credible but it's still only an extremely rare instance

4 - sure it's becoming fairly widespread and growing fast as a phenomenon but it's actually a good thing!

5 - OK sure I guess it's now generally proven to be bad, but it's now so prevalent that we can't put the genie back in the bottle so I guess we'll just have to live with it

Old 03-04-2024, 07:18 AM

It's not really hard to find real-life examples, some of them arguably a lot more consequential than cultural events.

See box in yellow on this page.

https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/studen...a-brpc_eng.asp

Old 03-04-2024, 08:03 AM

1,225 posts, read 497,880 times
For christ sakes we had some one on here say it's ok for Indians to discriminate non-indians when it comes to rentals.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:06 AM

335 posts, read 154,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Sort of like men identifying to be women getting into teenage girls swim competitions.
More like perverts identifying as women to get into teenage girls' changerooms.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:48 AM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
We're now seeing the typical 2020s sequence of denialism unfurling on this forum, both in this thread and in the one on male breast milk (sic).

Here is how it goes.

1 - this isn't happening at at all, it's an an urban legend

2 - you've provided a source but it's not a credible one

3 - OK so that source is credible but it's still only an extremely rare instance

4 - sure it's becoming fairly widespread and growing fast as a phenomenon but it's actually a good thing!

5 - OK sure I guess it's now generally proven to be bad, but it's now so prevalent that we can't put the genie back in the bottle so I guess we'll just have to live with it
CRT isn't being taught in schools, it's an elective at universities, law schools.
OK it's being taught in some schools (along with lgbtq indoctriantion)
You don't know what CRT is.
CRT is history.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
CRT isn't being taught in schools, it's an elective at universities, law schools.
OK it's being taught in some schools (along with lgbtq indoctriantion)
You don't know what CRT is.
CRT is history.
I did not mention CRT in my posts, though sure renewed calls for segregation and black (or BIPOC) only stuff can said to be inspired by CRT.

Old 03-04-2024, 09:41 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I actually find it kind of funny. If people want to hang out with others of their same race, its OK with me. Just don't refuse to integrate and then complain that you are not being integrated. You get it one way or the other, not both.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:18 AM

1,225 posts, read 497,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I did not mention CRT in my posts, though sure renewed calls for segregation and black (or BIPOC) only stuff can said to be inspired by CRT.
The term BIPOC is so weird and cringe. When I first heard it I thought it meant bisexual people of color. I was clearly wrong but you never know these days.

I really dislike these new woke terms. For people that complain about racism the woke crowd sure likes to divide people into many different categories. I hate being called Latinx, or bipoc or marginalezed group etc etc. I have even seen woke people go to the extreme to say interracial relationships are white supremacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada