Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:10 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Funny how landing someone one the moon and a cure for cancer in the same boat or rocket ship. How do you figure that science is the enemy?

Have any of you who tout alternative medicine ever had cancer? Until you do you have no understanding.

It also funny those who tout this sort of thing fail to understand that at the time the alternative was the standard of care people lived to 35. 30 was old. The national average life expectancy is in the upper 70s. So we revert back to 40 being old or continue with modern medicine.

As far as a cure. Prevention is far better than any sort of treatment.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:43 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Folks, the two "sides" are never going to agree. So quit insulting each other and calm down, or this thread will be closed. We do not offer medical advice here, so even if you think the other side is dangerous and misleading, so long as the post follows the TOS, it stays.

This is not a medical journal nor an investigative news site. It's an internet forum for questions and opinions.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:49 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
FWIW I eat very little pre packaged ready made meals... I am not a preservatives fan. Unless its the old fashioned way. Cured in salt, smoked, or frozen. I make most of my meals homemade... rarely eat out and rarely use tv dinners or frozen dinner... So tell me how that goes towards a cure? Well in my case I still got cancer.

So this assertion that eating fresh raw foods is somehow a cure all it a crock. Does it mitigate the risk? I'd tend to agree that is might reduce the risk.
There are plenty of other factors such as stress levels, exercise, genetics and environment. In my city, there is some kind of movement for something to be done about a closed air force base. There are folks who live in the surrounding area that have higher incidents of disease than those who don't live nearby but have the same factors.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:27 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Well hm - he could have coffee and castor oil enemas, rectal ozone treatments, add iodine as a supplement, hydrogen peroxide both ingested and inserted into the rectum, drink several glasses of carrot juice daily (orange skin anyone?), drink absolutely no water at all, take zero medication of any kind, and consume only raw, unprocessed organic foods.

Why would anyone even THINK this could cure cancer? Forget the fact that there are -zero- studies indicating that it might cure it, except the one made by Dr. Gerson himself, when he did case studies on only 50 patients, which were debunked by the National Cancer Institute as lacking any evidence or link between the diet and the patients' prognosis.

And forget that prior to the carrot juice requirement, patients were required to drink several glasses of raw calf liver extract every day, until several people died from infection caused by that extract. So he of course, logically concluded that carrot juice would be a good substitute for raw calf liver extract, how, exactly?

You're dealing with pure quackery. Heed this - I'll type it in all caps to emphasize the point:

IF THERE WAS A KNOWN, MEDICALLY SOUND CURE FOR CANCER, EVERYONE WOULD BE CURED BY NOW.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 AM

235 posts, read 356,057 times
*delete*

Last edited by ray34iyf; 12-09-2010 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: rude... lol

Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM

235 posts, read 356,057 times
Hmm... where to start.. where to start.

Here is a list of just SOME of the chemicals you can find in everyday items laying around your house, including shampoo, soap, and toothpaste.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
Propylene Glycol (Antifreeze)1, 4
Dioxane
Dioxin
Bentonite
Propylene glycol
Diethanolamine (DEA)
Polyethylene glycol (PEG)
Benzylphanone
Sodium benzoate
Glycerin
Collagen
Talc

Nice list, eh?

Now, let's look at Propylene Glycol.
Where do we find this? ... that stick of deodorant... yep. Where do we also find this? Antifreeze, brake fluid, bunch of other fun places.
What is Propylene Glycol?
http://www.health-report.co.uk/ethyl...ene_glycol.htm

So you're telling me that you don't think that lathering yourself up in an active ingredient from antifreeze is going to cause you any health problems?? You would be dreaming.

Last edited by ray34iyf; 12-09-2010 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: rude?

Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
But what does any of your post have to do with alternative cures for cancer? Perhaps you intended to post in a different thread.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
IF THERE WAS A KNOWN, MEDICALLY SOUND CURE FOR CANCER, EVERYONE WOULD BE CURED BY NOW.
As long as one person has been cured. Then cancer is not incurable.

Many people have been cured here: http://www.thegerson.org. So apparently thier treatment protocol works.

Opening one's mind is the first step toward being healthy again. Blindly clinging to methods that do not work, and in fact, are themselves responsible for many deaths is counterproductive.

It's just common sense which is... as the old saying goes.... anything but common.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Funny how landing someone one the moon and a cure for cancer in the same boat or rocket ship. How do you figure that science is the enemy?

Have any of you who tout alternative medicine ever had cancer? Until you do you have no understanding.

It also funny those who tout this sort of thing fail to understand that at the time the alternative was the standard of care people lived to 35. 30 was old. The national average life expectancy is in the upper 70s. So we revert back to 40 being old or continue with modern medicine.

As far as a cure. Prevention is far better than any sort of treatment.
Again, people misunderstand what the term "Life Expectancy" means. It is not the same as the human life SPAN.

Many people have lived long lives for hundreds of years. The human life span has not changed for about 40,000 years or so.

The average life expectancy has risen primarily due to lower infant mortality rates along with improvements in sanitation and yes to some extent medical improvements - most notably the discovery of pennicillin and such things as development of transfusions, etc. If you bother to look, you will see that

According to the US Government: Overview of US in 1804

"...
Diseases

Although the average age at death was lower than today, that did not mean that people died younger. The statistics of the average age at death were younger because of a great deal of infant mortality, caused by contageous diseases like measles, whooping cough, scarlet fever, pneumonia, polio, smallpox, yellow fever, malaria, typhiod fever, tuberculosis and other maladies which have since been controlled by vaccines and inoculations. If a person lived to their 20s they were just about as likely to reach 70 or even 80 as today's population.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Again it was modern medicine that paved the way to living to 20 as you try to point out. It is vaccinations which became the mainstay in the late 40s and popular in the 50s. It wasn't whole foods or exotic plants it was scientist who made the discoveries and was able to make the strides.

Branson you proved my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer