Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:15 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times

Advertisements

Re-opened for now....

This is copied directly from the terms of service which everyone agreed to when they signed up......

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

ETA.....my bad...guess it would help if I actually re-opened it.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 09-08-2010 at 05:38 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 06:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
I have nothing against methods that work. However there is yet to be a multi-sourced study or multiple studies that show any sort of effectiveness to your silly assertions. No real world findings. You reject proven science and pin your hopes on something that is dangerous. That is just plain stupid. Stupid and dangerous. They really do go together.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
There is TONS of evidence about the efficacy of vit C in cancer.. go look for it, don't be lazy.
I did. I found none. Since you're so convinced of this and are the one making the claim, how about backing it up. I'll hold my breath.

Quote:
It is indeed sad that the majority of people simply buy into the current western medicine approach of treating symptoms instead of actually looking for underlying causes.
And those are mutually exclusive because.......

Quote:
IF someone wants to actually live well and be well, they'd be good to stop eating unnatural, chemically based 'fake' food, get off there duff and get moving, and find ways such as medicine to cope with stress.
No argument there. But that's no guarantee. You can live the healthiest lifestyle in the world and still get cancer.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Apparently Turmeric also is very good. and actually destroys cancer cells....
....in lab experiment and rodents. Shows promise and I'm hopeful, but that doesn't equate to working in human beings.

Quote:
And joey, please watch the video in the news story. You'd change your tune.
Even if this guy had cance and was "cured" by Vitamin C - something I seriously question - that's one guy. Talk to me when megadoses of vitamin C have been given to hundreds or thousands of patients and any kind of notable cure rate occurs.

Quote:
Also, did you ignore the fact that vit C eliminated mononucleous (a disease that my doctor told me would last for a month at least; not to mention the lingering effects of it) in me in less than 4 days?
Of course, since that is only your claim. Anyone can come on the internet and claim anything; that doesn't make it true and so hardly proves anything. Nothing personal; if I came on here and made similar claims, I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me either.

Quote:
it's just too bad that so many people are so close minded that they can't possibly see outside their warped view of the world.
Yeah we're into that "close-minded warped thinking" that expects claims to be backed up.

Last edited by joey2000; 09-11-2010 at 07:19 AM..

Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
And for comparison, look at how chemotherapy affects patients. It makes them very sick due to the fact that they are basically ingesting poison and many times people die due to treatment. Like I said, the worst you'll get with vit C is diarrhea.
More blatant gibberish. Chemo CAN make one sick, but routintely does not, esp with recent advances in medicines to combat the sickness. Also there are only about a zillion diff kinds of chemo and ways to use them, so making such broad sweeping statements is also not exactly brilliant. PS and oh btw it cures/holds at bay cancer FAR more often than harms people.

Finally, the idea that you can treat/cure cancer with Vitamin C is about as flamingly stupid as it gets. I don't know if this is ignorance due to youth, burying your head in the sand and ignoring KNOWN FACTS and pretending something else is true for who-knows-what reasons, or you're being maliciously deceptive, or a combo of those, but only reason I didn't immediately put you on ignore is that there might be someone out there who has cancer and is so scared of that, as well as the most likely best treatment (like surgery or chemo) that they might actually listen to someone who knows as much about cancer as I do about rocket science by opting for unfounded and unproven claims and ONLY because they sound far more pleasant by comparison.

And frankly I'm surprised and highly frustrated that CD.com would permit such grossly irresponsible posts. This kind of stupidity invites legal action.

Last edited by joey2000; 09-11-2010 at 08:02 AM..

Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
All the evidence is out there - all you have to do is look for it.
Yknow that BS gets really old too. No it isn't. We looked. The evidence isn't there. Get over it. You and those like you have been asked to provide this alleged evidence numerous times and you either don't or fail miserably when you try. Apparently this will come as a shock, but saying something is true or reading it at www.newagewondercure.com (which is accountable to no one) said so doesn't make it so either.

Quote:
But people are actually afraid to question the status quo. Even though modern medicine has FAILED MISERABLY
Cancer mortality rates have been on the decline for many years. Crazy as it may sound to you, I don't call that "failing miserably." Oh wait it couldn't be modern medicine that had anything to do with it; I guess that's because people have been megadosing on Vitamin C or eating a lot baking soda or using air purifiers (blah etc).

Last edited by joey2000; 09-11-2010 at 08:03 AM..

Old 09-11-2010, 07:38 AM

[quote=suzy_q2010;15791636]
Quote:

Actually, death rates from cancer are going down: U.S. cancer death rate continues to drop - USATODAY.com

and average life expectancy is going up: http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/10s0102.pdf .

So it seems that both your last statements are not based on facts.

And my son is one of those cancer survivors saved by chemo and radiation. Care to tell me what I should have done differently to prevent his leukemia, onset at age 13? Any proof that megadoses of vitamin C would have helped?
Facts? Who needs those?

Hey yknow what I ate a lot of radishes and grew a third arm. So if you find you don't have enough arms, eat a lot of radishes! It works! The evidence is out there!

Old 09-11-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Read up on some stuff that Linus Pauling
Pauling is a chemist, not a doctor. What do you do when you car stops working - call a gardener?

Quote:
not to mention actually trying it. Next time you get badly ill,
We aren't talking simply about "being ill." We're talking about cancer (the forum topic, remember?).

Quote:
Prove ME wrong. I guarantee you won't be able to.
More laughable ignorance. You can't prove a negative. You are the one making a claim. If you can't back it up with actual substantiated facts - and you obviously you can't - you have zero credibility. It's rather like listening to a child prattle on about monsters under the bed.

Quote:
and why would you continue to use treatments that often times CAUSE cancer and are generally not very effective when you have better alternatives that have NO side effects and work WELL?
See?

How about because that is so laughably wrong it's rather like saying 1+1 = 297.3?

Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Googling ray34iyf and Vitamin C shows that you have been pushing this Vitamin C "theory" in every forum you can find. What is your motivation for this dedication to Vitamin C? Do you have a vested interest in Vitamin C sales?
Gee ya think? LOL - nice catch. I'm surprised. Really I am.

Quote:
Here is what the Mayo Clinic says on the subject:

There is no reliable evidence to support this theory. Studies in the 1970s first suggested that large doses of supplemental vitamin C might be of some benefit in the treatment of cancer. But these studies were later found to have serious flaws. Subsequent well-designed, randomized, controlled trials of vitamin C and cancer found no such treatment benefit.
Mayo clinic? pffffffft - who cares what they say? They don't know nearly as much about cancer as some guy on an internet msg board!

Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
By the way laeatril is one of those natural cures. Just because something is not expensive or does not contain a cornucopia of toxic ingredients does not mean that it doesn't work. It works quite well.
It doesn't work at all. Another grossly irresponsible and asinine statement. This has been well known for decades. Please take your tinfoil-hatted gibberish elsewhere. Your bizarro delusions about cancer aren't simply annoying and mindless, but dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer