Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,884 times

Advertisements

Post nasal drip can definately cause nausea! Are you eating? I absolutely must eat to take my pills or I will get nauseous.

I don't know where you could get the patch. Probably a drugstore, or online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 10:48 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,673,781 times
actually ive been searching and it looks like its a prescription you get from a doctor for the seasickness thing. i was approved for the transportation program so im very happy that most of the time i will not have to drive to treatment or to work. if im going to feel queasy, better i feel it in a cab than when driving my own car

my appetite has been pretty poor lately esp for breakfast but this could be my diabetic meds and cancer treatment doing it. i know there is something going on with my sinuses and ears. constant post nasal drip and if any pressure is applied to the ear (getting water in them from the shower or shave cream, pressure from sleeping) i can start coughing. maybe theres an inner ear thing going on like labyrinthitis

my appetite usually picks up for dinner. for lunch its ok but usually i cannot eat a full lunch

i was 256 lbs in 10/2012, now im down to 224. ive seen tremendous changes in my BP recently.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:27 PM

That's great you were approved! I wish we had something like that here.

I hope your BP chenages were for the better?

Old 03-23-2014, 07:09 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,370 times
Best regards rlrl. Hope all goes better for you. I'll be thinking special thoughts for you.

RE blood pressure. After my C. surgery I have lost 68 pounds and now my blood pressure changes are giving me fits as it keeps going really low. The doc says it's due to the weight loss. Hope yours levels out soon.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:55 PM

my bp is fairly low even before i take my medications. very few hypertensive readings lately

Old 03-25-2014, 09:06 AM

the doc just added ativan so i can relax during treatment days. i would take this on treatment days only and obviously make sure i don't drive after or to wait 5 hours after taking it (doc said to wait 5 hours). he thinks this would solve the nausea problem.

also am going to switch to tylenol gel caps and/or liquid since swallowing pills has been unpleasant recently

i also did not indulge in any cheese last night (a nightly habit) and had no problem this AM. my gi doc last year said this may be caused by intolerance to dairy or milk products. maybe its time to stop eating gourmet cheeses and just stick to lactaid cottage cheese only.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:52 PM

Ativan is my most favorite drug in the whole world! I save it for times of desperation! I have found if I use it every night it stops working. Two mg will give me eight hours of sleep! So be sure you know how it's going to affect you before driving.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:39 PM

last week i tried the ativan but didn't care for it. im starting valium tomorrow because ive had good experiences with it. hopefully valium will help

is it possible that these nausea attacks could be from an excess of dye products found in energy drinks, shower gels, hair gels, even heartburn tabs?. Target brand ranitidine has a dye in it. a miracle gro hair gel i use at night has 3 dyes in it. i hear these dyes get absorbed thru the skin and into the liver. i have several products i am considering dumping because they all have dyes in them but im not even sure if the nausea comes from that

another question, when do you think i should take the valium, does it necessarily have to be 30 mins prior to the injection or can it be before i leave the house to get in the cab?

and since i have a habit of getting up too early i am wondering what should i be better doing with the time before the cab comes? normally i get dressed early then lay in bed or watch the news but that doesn't always make me less tense. if i wake up too late i feel pressured and rushed. if too early i have too much time to start making myself anxious and nauseous

Old 03-31-2014, 07:06 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
is it possible that these nausea attacks could be from an excess of dye products found in energy drinks, shower gels, hair gels, even heartburn tabs?.
I don't know about the other products, but a lot of people have side effects from energy drinks. They can cause dehydration, and that's one thing you definitely don't need if you're undergoing treatment. Advice is usually to hydrate as much as possible during any type of chemo. Energy Drinks Side Effects

Old 04-01-2014, 03:18 PM

I just visited my doc today(not the cancer doc just my regular primary care doc). I went to have a blood draw for my a1c. i saw a new doc, we got to chatting about the nausea stuff and she believes i may have developed agoraphobia. she doesn't believe the nausea attacks are related to treatment, but that the poor appetite is related and is normal. she increased Paxil from 20 mg to 30. she says it can take up to a month to see a change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer