Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:59 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

I have caught both Max and Chloe doing this and it is nasty!

Yep, the litterboxes are clean. At first I only noticed Chloe doing it, now Max.

I clean it out but I imagine if Chloe does it Max smells it and goes behind her....eww and what to do?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,690,867 times
That is bizarre. I am not even going to pretend like I have an answer for that one. However, it does seem to present you with an opportunity to train them to use the toilet, which, as far as I'm concerned, would make them awesome cats--no more cleaning the litter box!

Maybe they are trying to emulate their human caregivers? This is my hypothesis re: cats that sleep on their backs; they see people doing it, the identify with those people (who are part of their 'pack') and they want to 'fit in' with the pack, so they start doing it. It would certainly explain why both of them are doing it now.

But, really, I have no clue

Old 09-26-2010, 03:37 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
I agree, I would use this as a invitation to train them to use the toilet and get the stuff to start on that as fast as possible.

How about leaving the water dripping in the sink? Or pot a stopper in it and keep if full of water?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,859 times
Hmmm this is a different one. But I can tell you when I was growing up we had this crazy cat that would pee in the sink. His litter box was clean but he just liked the sink.

if you leave the water dripping you might be encouraging them to drink from the facet at anytime. I have a problem with Hackney and Ami thinking the sink is theirs all the time. You can thank my mother for turning the water on for them when they were small and wanting a drink! It's really annoying in the morning when I need the sink and I have two cats in my way.

I'd try the stopper in the sink with water and see if that helps.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:18 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Apparently you aren't alone in this problem.

why does my cat pee in the sink? - Google Search

As I always say, cats is weird.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
That is bizarre. I am not even going to pretend like I have an answer for that one. However, it does seem to present you with an opportunity to train them to use the toilet, which, as far as I'm concerned, would make them awesome cats--no more cleaning the litter box!

Maybe they are trying to emulate their human caregivers? This is my hypothesis re: cats that sleep on their backs; they see people doing it, the identify with those people (who are part of their 'pack') and they want to 'fit in' with the pack, so they start doing it. It would certainly explain why both of them are doing it now.

But, really, I have no clue
Wow, I was thinking the same thing, about the toilet...hmm. They are always in there with me, of course...Wouldn't it be great not to deal with a cat box?!?!?

Thanks for your advise...

Old 09-27-2010, 05:30 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
my little skrappy-cat (rip) would try to pee in the sink when she was coming down with a uti ......

Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 AM

Now this morning I found Rittle Bit kitty sitting INSIDE the toilet going to the bathroom. What is up with these kitties?!?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,480 times
One of my parent's cats uses the bidet. Just to pee - they still poop in the litterbox. No health issues whatsoever. They just rinse it out everytime and have no issues. It saves on scooping the litterbox! Maybe you need a bidet too?

I wish the fosters were smart enough to do that in the toilet!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
I've heard of other cats doing that sort of thing when they were coming down with an UTI. It's their way of trying to say something is wrong. Maybe a trip to the dread vet would be in order?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats