Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 12:06 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,359,437 times

Advertisements

I only get the urge to vacuum on very rare occasions, so I usually take it as far as it will go. Today included actually moving furniture. It was a revelation .

Not that I don't know my two cats consider virtually anything not nailed down as potential toys...but here is the booty found under the couch:

- 12 ballpoint pens (explaining why I can NEVER FIND ONE and keep buying packs at Dollar Tree)
- 3 yellow highlighters (ditto)
- 5 rubber erasers (1 big flat one as well as small pencil-top ones)
- 1 small Post it pad
- 2 purse-size pill boxes -- including the prescription headache ones that I am now out of, so that was a major FIND)
- 3 packaged candies
- 2 plastic tops from water bottles
- 1 dead large cockroach (all intact, so one does wonder how they killed him....)

If you're bored...go check under the couch. Share your treasures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 12:43 PM

153 posts, read 677,245 times
Haha last year at Halloween we bought the flavored tootsie rolls to hand out to kids. The one day i caught my cat (Optimus Prime) stealing candy out of the bowl. When i looked under the couch there was a whole pile of them, as well as a bunch of other stuff, lol. So i told my bf that she was doing that. He laughed and said that was fine as long as she wasn't taking the vanilla ones. I said no it's just the blue one.. he immediately came out into the living room to yell at her since those WERE the vanilla ones, lol!!l

Old 10-17-2010, 05:06 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,339,194 times
It's more like what treasures are under my bed or behind the shelf in bathroom. I cleaned out the bathroom and found like a dozen lipsticks and lip glosses and two mascaras. Then I found 2 hair brushes, a pair of sunglasses, a toothbrush I magically had disappear and last but not least.....a McDonald's straw.

Makes me wonder what are they up to in there when I'm not home?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,449,699 times
I wish my Jasper could talk. The other day, there were some keys on the table, I had no idea how they got there...Japser likes to "steal" and play with pony tail covers...bows, and little baby socks. There are never any socks around the house...why, because Jaspter takes them all..

Old 10-18-2010, 07:04 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,593,616 times
I pulled out my stove and refrigerator not long ago to clean under them and found a treasure trove of cat toys. I couldn't believe how many toys were under those 2 things. I pulled out the sofa the other day to clean under that and only found 2 toys under that!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 PM

689 posts, read 1,660,890 times
I do a weekly sweep under the furniture with a yardstick. I probably should do it daily, though.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 AM

113 posts, read 193,786 times
My ex would give himself his insulin shot every morning at the kitchen table and would set the plastic cap from the syringe on the edge of the table. The cat would jump up on the chair and give the cap a whack and send it flying but I never picked them up. One day I was getting a pair of high heels out of the closet that I hadn't worn in a long while and each shoe was filled with plastic caps.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:26 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,960,212 times
We move our refrigerator about once a month to retrieve the ponytail holders, rubber bands, bottle caps and various other small things my cat bats around that end up there. We move the couch once a week - but then again, we have human children who contribute to THAT mess!

Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,555,143 times
We had a large french door entry with clear glass. My cat loved the feel of lace and nylon. We came home one day to find all my clean bras and panties scattered all over the foyer . . . visible to anyone from the closed front door. Looked like an orgy.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,439,539 times
Wow. My Rittle Bit Kitty is the house clepto. Her main thing to steal are my earrings, hair things, and a certain bracelet. This morning she actually tried to run off with a drill bit!

Every once in a while we find her stash. She takes pens and pencils too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats