Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow! That is sick and wrong. I have heard of men doing that, abusing the pet of a GF, one even shot the dog in front of her. I believe he was arrested.

No matter how much you love your pet, if a man is abusive like that, leave and go to a shelter. Take your pet, they have numbers of people who will foster your pet while you are getting resettled.

But no matter what, if a man is abusive to your pet, leave. It is a chilling sign of his real personality.
These woman have to be desperate to stay with these men. They must think they can't get anyone else. Not all of them depend on the man for support either, many are attractive, young, working, which makes it even harder to comprehend. Some knew the child or pet was being abused. Any love I felt for a man would instantly die if I saw him abuse a child or one of my cats. The relationship would be over instantly.

Then there was the couple on Animal Cops where BOTH of them tortured the cat by putting rubber-bands on her feet until her feet dropped off leaving her stumps. I found it hard to believe what I was seeing on the show. Each blamed the other and neither of them were held accountable. Both walked away Scot free. It made me sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM

689 posts, read 1,656,084 times
A few months ago I was dating a guy that was allergic to cats. I kept bringing up the subject of my cat to let the guy know how important the cat was. When I asked him how allergic to cats he was he said, 'I am not sure...but yours is young.' I wasn't sure where that was going, so I said 'Right, which means he is going to be around for at least 15-18 more years.' His response was, 'Wow! Cats stick around a lot longer than they used to.' {I have NO idea what that meant, but I knew it wasn't good.}

He finally came over to my house and I knew it was the official test. He was in my house for over 5 hours and the only thing he said to my cat was 'hi cat.' He never asked his name or anything.

That was our last date.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Few years ago when I switched to cable internet the cable guy came in to set me up. The first thing he did was speak to the cats (the two brave ones who didn't hide) and ask their names. When he was running the new cable lines I put the cats behind the screen door in my bedroom so he didn't have to worry about leaving the door closed. He protested, though I assured them they would be fine, and he was all happy when I let them out again, and as soon as I did he made a fuss over them again.

I struck up a conversation by asking him if he had cats. Hey, he was kind of cute, you know? And he already liked cats......Yep, he has three cats, three dogs, three children and a wife, LOL.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:23 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
My ex said it once and he was really serious; said I talked about them all the time, etc. I could not help but laugh, but then:

gbh

And the problem is?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,855,402 times
When my husband and I were getting married...or before we got married, he had a cat and I had a cat. He said....no cats on the bed.... Well, that was unacceptable because Bink had slept with me since the beginning and I told him so. He said - ok, but she has to sleep on my side (not a problem).

Fast forward 10 years. We work with a local rescue league and currently have 11 cats in our household (which is pretty much the max unless we foster a momma and kittens). If for some reason there are no cats on the bed - my husband has to go around picking up cats and putting them on the bed....because he must have cats to sleep with! And - his cat that he brought to the marriage, Luna, sleeps between our heads every single night!

We joke that if for some reason we got divorced....we'd have to have two houses on our future property with a link between them for the cats to roam back and forth.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I struck up a conversation by asking him if he had cats. Hey, he was kind of cute, you know? And he already liked cats......Yep, he has three cats, three dogs, three children and a wife, LOL.
At least he didn't have three wives.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,673 times
Yes

Old 05-09-2011, 06:31 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
LOL...You knew a man who was happy around cats was a great prospect!

That is high on the list...the guy must love cats. AND that includes saying the hello greeting, by name, to each and every one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Few years ago when I switched to cable internet the cable guy came in to set me up. The first thing he did was speak to the cats (the two brave ones who didn't hide) and ask their names. When he was running the new cable lines I put the cats behind the screen door in my bedroom so he didn't have to worry about leaving the door closed. He protested, though I assured them they would be fine, and he was all happy when I let them out again, and as soon as I did he made a fuss over them again.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Great one, jayhawks!! He was history if he ignored your kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks91 View Post
A few months ago I was dating a guy that was allergic to cats. I kept bringing up the subject of my cat to let the guy know how important the cat was. When I asked him how allergic to cats he was he said, 'I am not sure...but yours is young.' I wasn't sure where that was going, so I said 'Right, which means he is going to be around for at least 15-18 more years.' His response was, 'Wow! Cats stick around a lot longer than they used to.' {I have NO idea what that meant, but I knew it wasn't good.}

He finally came over to my house and I knew it was the official test. He was in my house for over 5 hours and the only thing he said to my cat was 'hi cat.' He never asked his name or anything.

That was our last date.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:36 PM

Oh, I love that your husband can't sleep without them! That is so dear....tell him he has a fan out in C-D land!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonter16 View Post
When my husband and I were getting married...or before we got married, he had a cat and I had a cat. He said....no cats on the bed.... Well, that was unacceptable because Bink had slept with me since the beginning and I told him so. He said - ok, but she has to sleep on my side (not a problem).

Fast forward 10 years. We work with a local rescue league and currently have 11 cats in our household (which is pretty much the max unless we foster a momma and kittens). If for some reason there are no cats on the bed - my husband has to go around picking up cats and putting them on the bed....because he must have cats to sleep with! And - his cat that he brought to the marriage, Luna, sleeps between our heads every single night!

We joke that if for some reason we got divorced....we'd have to have two houses on our future property with a link between them for the cats to roam back and forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats