Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times

Advertisements

great post NRaleigh Mom.
I just want to add that it's imperative that the OP make it very clear to anyone he calls that he's just found this cat. The longer he keeps the cat the less likely any agency is going to give him free care or aid. And actually it's imperative the cat get medical attn ASAP anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,913 times
If you Google River City Pet Rescue, you'll find a bunch of links. Maybe one of them would help.

Thanks for taking this baby in and for doing everything that you can for her.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Vapour_Trail....just saw the photos you posted....this is so sad!!! She does look like she needs to see a vet really soon. Do you have a PetSmart near you? If so they have a vet office inside called Banfield. If you google "Banfield Free Pet Visit" it will bring you to a page where you can print out a coupon for the first initial visit. They also have plans which help pet owners...most are just about $25 per month and it will cover office visits, shots etc. Not sure if the $25/month is doable for you but I just wanted to bring this up in case that may be manageable for you (and you want to keep her).

And I stand by what I said in my earlier post....you ARE a wonderful person for taking her in! So many people dump their own animals and others just turn their head when it comes to animals that so desperately need us! Please keep us updated if possible!
Sometimes the wrong treatment can be worse (than being allowed to pass peacefully) than no treatment.

From some of the sources I found online, Banfield's Free visit appears to be anything but free, up selling is reported as being common with Banfield's free visit. When I was a rep for a national cosmetic line at Macy's, our sales people all had sales goals for every person that approached their counter or sat in the "make-over chair".
At the very least, the issue of vaccinations, that your cat seems to ill to physically handle now, will probably come up and be pushed.

http://www.petinsurancepro.com/banfi...pital-reviews/

Last edited by leanansidhex; 12-13-2012 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
[b]From some of the sources I found online, Banfield's Free visit appears to be anything but free, up selling is reported as being common with Banfield's free visit.[/B]

I took Snickers to a Banfield for a free visit two years ago, and it was free. Yes, they wanted me to schedule him for his shots and other things, but I just said that I would call for an appointment. Other vets besides Banfield do this too, and they're not a chain.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
Looking for an update on your rescued kitty. By the way what is her name?

Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM

152 posts, read 250,342 times
an update? she is still eating and resting..

fortunately today i get paid, so i can go do my laundry after sleeping on a bare mattress for a week, since she pissed all over my bedclothes when i first got her. she still thinks the living room floor of my apartment is her litter box, though there is a litter box i keep clean for her in the corner. course the smell has drawn flies, so now im assassinating flies as well.. cleaning up after her, im washing my hands alot, so now i have contact dermatitis on my hands from frequent washing, so i'll need to go pick up some lotion today as well- on top of the 20 bucks i'll spend on laundry

in a couple months when my lease is up, i have a notion i'll be singing 'farewell and adieu to ye fair spanish ladies' to my 1000 buck deposit

theres your update

Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapour_trail View Post

fortunately today i get paid, so i can go do my laundry after sleeping on a bare mattress for a week, since she pissed all over my bedclothes when i first got her. she still thinks the living room floor of my apartment is her litter box, though there is a litter box i keep clean for her in the corner. course the smell has drawn flies, so now im assassinating flies as well.. cleaning up after her, im washing my hands alot, so now i have contact dermatitis on my hands from frequent washing, so i'll need to go pick up some lotion today as well- on top of the 20 bucks i'll spend on laundry

in a couple months when my lease is up, i have a notion i'll be singing 'farewell and adieu to ye fair spanish ladies' to my 1000 buck deposit

theres your update
Okay from this statement I take it you have no plans to take her to the vet and I must say Im not surprised but do her a favor and drop her at the local no kill shelter you are not doing her any favors you need to get her to a vet or talk one of the rescues into letting you foster so that they will take care of the bill for the vet and let her go to a home that can affford her .

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
Quote:

theres your update
You tried. There's no point prolonging this, besides she Needs to be seen by a vet. She's probably really sick, hence the not using/being able to get to the litter box when she needs to. SO ... The no kill shelters might be full, but seriously, what are they gonna do when you place a secure and well ventilated box (with the cat in it) inside their door DURING BUSINESS HOURS, then run away, very very fast.

She could have some nerve damage caused by being hit or falling, to where she's unaware that she's about to pee.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 12-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: add

Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,987,632 times
Quote:

fortunately today i get paid, so i can go do my laundry after sleeping on a bare mattress for a week, since she pissed all over my bedclothes when i first got her. she still thinks the living room floor of my apartment is her litter box, though there is a litter box i keep clean for her in the corner.
She may not know what a littler box is. Put some of her stool and a tissue with some urine on it in a corner of the litter box and clean up and disinfect all the places she went on the floor. Most of them will start to use the litterbox. But it needs to smell like they've used it before.

Quote:
course the smell has drawn flies, so now im assassinating flies as well.. cleaning up after her, im washing my hands alot, so now i have contact dermatitis on my hands from frequent washing, so i'll need to go pick up some lotion today as well- on top of the 20 bucks i'll spend on laundry
$20 to do laundry?!?!?!?!

Quote:

theres your update

Old 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
I haven't rented in a long time, but when I did, the deposit amount was usually the same as one month's rent. And $1,000 isn't at all unusual for a very mediocre one bedroom in a lot of places these days.
I would call the shelter again and really grill them about what options are available if they won't take her. As ill as she appears to be, and with no resources to care for her, you can also take her to an open door shelter, explain the situation, and request that she be euthanized. I'm sorry to suggest that, but sometimes you just can't save them all. As someone else said, at least you gave her a little period of comfort and caring. And letting her go peacefully may be better than the alternative here. Thank you for trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats