Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 01:30 PM

30,352 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Just because I love proving people wrong...

And to the OP, if you're willing to drive down to the Bay, I might have a few contacts for you... how is the kitty doing now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
Gizmo have you read the OP's other threads?

Last edited by leanansidhex; 12-15-2012 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 12-15-2012, 07:38 PM

245 posts, read 385,991 times
I would keep him and confine him to the bathroom. Or if you have an outside patio that's covered, put out food and water and a dry bed for him. He may die, but he should have food, water and a safe place, so he can at least be comfortable. It's a good sign that he's eating and drinking. They stop eating a couple days before thy die.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
She's offering to hook you up with her contacts. All info becomes pertinent.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Gizmo have you read the OP's other threads?
No... not yet, at least!

But I was serious about those contacts, if they're willing to come down here. One that comes to mind is a dear friend, who happens to be a board member (and serious benefactor) of the local Humane Society - so she could possibly pull some strings, or at least lead the OP in a positive direction. Anyway, I hope it works out somehow for the kitty.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
OK.. it really doesn't matter if you paid a pet deposit or not. If you have nothing that can help the OP then move a long to a thread where you can help the OP.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
OK.. it really doesn't matter if you paid a pet deposit or not. If you have nothing that can help the OP then move a long to a thread where you can help the OP.
If this is (even partly) directed at me, I did offer some actual help - twice.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
1) Put her in the bathroom -- where missing the little box won't be that big of an issue -- with a litter box, some food and water, and a fluffy blanket or towel to curl up on. But be sure to visit her often, pet her, and reassure her that you're still there for her. Put her water in a bowl where she'd be uncomfortable sleeping with her face in it (although I've seen cats sleep in some seemingly darn uncomfortable-looking positions!).

It will take her awhile to fill out; sounds like she hasn't had any food in awhile! Poor thing.

2) Call the shelter back and ask them for any ideas about getting her to a low-cost vet or other rescues or no-kill shelters that might be able to help you. Make sure you tell them how you found her, how long you've had her, and the issues she's having. Don't take no for an answer.

Thanks for caring for her!

This is very good advice. Any good shelter should be able to refer you to rescues/vets who will do a free or very low cost exam. The bathroom is an excellent suggestion. She may need to be spayed, and there are no/low-cost options in most communities. I would never want you to give up on her, but cats do require regular exams, shots, etc.. Typical cost is over $300/year. If this cost is too great for you, you may have to give her up. Keep bugging the no/kill shelter for space if necessary. Hope it works out for both of you.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:28 AM

152 posts, read 250,400 times
i sent her to a no kill shelter, i had no other choice, she was just not getting stronger.. after i sent her, when i called, they would not give me any more info about her

i fear that they put her to sleep, and that maybe there was maybe something more i could have done for her, she was so sweet

Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
You did the right thing. You couldn't care for her properly. Whether they euthanized her or nursed her back to health, the important thing was to end her suffering. Most shelters do have a policy about not giving updates. Once an animal is surrendered the animal belongs to the shelter.

You can always check their webpage to see if she ever gets put on their adoption list. But no matter what, you saved her from a miserable lonely end, and gave her some love. That's what counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats